The Student Room Group

Loughborough or UEA?! HELP!

I have taken a Gap year out and applied to uni for the 2011 start. I have received unconditional offers from Loughborough and UEA (East Anglia) for Politics and International Relations. I have been to both open days and couldn't make my mind up! Which Uni is better, which city, which nightlife etc.

Help!

Thankyou!
Reply 1
east anglia!
nearer the city centre...
ranked higher for politics and does really well in all the student surveys (:
however... loughborough is also a very good uni and has amazing sports facilicies

but check out the courses also - you may find you prefer one more than the other
its all down to personal preference i suppose (:
Reply 2
Personally, I'd go with East Anglia. I was considering applying to Loughborough for International Relations but for me, it's too orientated around sports and it's a bit of a sausage-fest :tongue:
Original post by Aodhán
Personally, I'd go with East Anglia. I was considering applying to Loughborough for International Relations but for me, it's too orientated around sports and it's a bit of a sausage-fest :tongue:

It really isn't too sports orientated or a sausage fest :confused: and that's coming from a girl. You don't have to play sports if you don't want to. Most people do not play sports!

Personally I really like Loughborough as it is a campus uni and in the cold weather it has been great knowing your warm room is 5-10 mins away :colone: it also has a great student union :wink:

I got into UEA too last year and have no regrets AT ALL. However if I were you I would look at each of the degrees and their selection of modules and the ratio of coursework/exams and decide what you prefer - mine is all coursework basically and I like it that way. :smile:
Original post by polka_dott
It really isn't too sports orientated or a sausage fest :confused: and that's coming from a girl. You don't have to play sports if you don't want to. Most people do not play sports!

Personally I really like Loughborough as it is a campus uni and in the cold weather it has been great knowing your warm room is 5-10 mins away :colone: it also has a great student union :wink:

I got into UEA too last year and have no regrets AT ALL. However if I were you I would look at each of the degrees and their selection of modules and the ratio of coursework/exams and decide what you prefer - mine is all coursework basically and I like it that way. :smile:

Of course you don't have any regrets .... because it's a sausage fest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending