The Student Room Group

self teaching a level maths intensive...any one else doing it? or done it?

Hi
i was wondering if anyone has done a level maths at home intensively?
im doing it and finding very difficult, any help would be appreciated!
also, if any one has done this and got a good grade, A/B?

thanks
Reply 1
anyone?
I taught myself GCSE and ALEVEL(pretty much) what syllabus you doing?
I had 98% for a level you just have to use your own initiative, which is the best way to prepare if u want to do maths at uni trust me :smile:
Reply 4
im doing edexcell, how did you teach yourself?
im home studying btw and havnt done maths since GCSE 2 years ago!!
Reply 5
im doing edexcel...how did you teach your self it?
im finding it hard...seeing as im doing it at home, i have not done maths since gcse and that was 2 years ago!
The syllabus has changed, but I did edexcel, I bought AS and A2 EDEXCEL WORKBOOKS
here is what they are,

drop me an email if u get stuck I dont mind helping,
I suggest you attempt most questions, on each topic to get a feel, and get ur hands dirty with the maths :smile:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Core-Maths-Edexcel-Level/dp/0582842379/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291857535&sr=8-1

that is just the core AS stuff
there is a seperate book for A2 Core, and applications of whatever spectrum your doing, be careful becoz syllabus may have changed!!
Reply 7
im doing edexcel...how did you teach your self it?
im finding it hard...seeing as im doing it at home, i have not done maths since gcse and that was 2 years ago!
Reply 8
Original post by HyperNGifted
The syllabus has changed, but I did edexcel, I bought AS and A2 EDEXCEL WORKBOOKS
here is what they are,

drop me an email if u get stuck I dont mind helping,
I suggest you attempt most questions, on each topic to get a feel, and get ur hands dirty with the maths :smile:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Core-Maths-Edexcel-Level/dp/0582842379/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291857535&sr=8-1

that is just the core AS stuff
there is a seperate book for A2 Core, and applications of whatever spectrum your doing, be careful becoz syllabus may have changed!!

thanks man, i might have to take you up on that haha..yeah ill make sure you check the spec!
thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending