The Student Room Group

I think she likes me, but how do I get her to be my girlfriend?

I have a problem here. There's a girl that I like a lot and I think she likes me back, for example she's very physical with me (touches and play fights with me a lot, hugs etc), texts me a lot e.g. late at night when she's in bed (which imo is a give away), wants to go out with me sometimes, and she also gets very touchy if e.g. I don't text her back and sort of interrogates me (I don't care though, so don't say "she seems clingy already" or anything like that haha).

However I'm not sure what I should "do" about this. As the guy I believe I should make the move. I'm slightly medically autistic but she doesn't know this, but I have trouble with social situations. I don't know if one time when we're out e.g. shopping or if we're alone together at one point I should just try and kiss her or something.

I don't want to e.g. ask her out for a romantic meal or anything adultish like that as it seems stale to me and besides, I wouldn't be comfortable at all with it.

Also, one thing I've always wondered is asking a girl to be your girlfriend. Is it expected that you will ask them if you start being romantic, like kissing each other? Or should you wait a while then ask them when you've been romantic for a while?

So, guys, what have you done in the past? And girls, how would you expect?
Reply 1
I don't exactly have any experience in this area, but it sounds like you're doing well so far - just spend time with her, be nice, etc etc. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I have a problem here. There's a girl that I like a lot and I think she likes me back, for example she's very physical with me (touches and play fights with me a lot, hugs etc), texts me a lot e.g. late at night when she's in bed (which imo is a give away), wants to go out with me sometimes, and she also gets very touchy if e.g. I don't text her back and sort of interrogates me (I don't care though, so don't say "she seems clingy already" or anything like that haha).

However I'm not sure what I should "do" about this. As the guy I believe I should make the move. I'm slightly medically autistic but she doesn't know this, but I have trouble with social situations. I don't know if one time when we're out e.g. shopping or if we're alone together at one point I should just try and kiss her or something.

I don't want to e.g. ask her out for a romantic meal or anything adultish like that as it seems stale to me and besides, I wouldn't be comfortable at all with it.

Also, one thing I've always wondered is asking a girl to be your girlfriend. Is it expected that you will ask them if you start being romantic, like kissing each other? Or should you wait a while then ask them when you've been romantic for a while?

So, guys, what have you done in the past? And girls, how would you expect?

Annon or delete.

Why is it that everyone now seems to be "slightly autistic", it's driving me nuts when people claim that for just being socially awkward.

OP, if it feels right, kiss her.
Reply 3
When you're walking her home one night or are saying goodbye or whatever, when you hug each other, hold on to her waist when she goes to stop hugging, look her straight in the eyes and the kiss should come naturally.

It is quite simple when it is obvious you both like each other.
Reply 4
Ask her out on a date (something fun like bowling, ice skating or something) and if she says yes (signs look good so far)then go out together, then if it all goes good walk her home then as you say goodbye follow pretty much what said above to go in for the kiss.
Reply 5
You don't have to ask or talk about becoming an item, just go in for the kiss when the time is right.
Catch her with a pokeball
Reply 7
1. Invite her on a date. You should have shared interests so play off this. Maybe you like similar music? Take her to a gig. Bonus points if it's like a friend's band or something as it provides a bit of grounding and interest.

2. Go out with her to a club. You'll get with each other.

3. You could kiss her when you're alone, typically when lying down having a personal chat. At a lull, kiss her. Don't hesitate, and keep it chaste.

How soon you can call it a relationship depends on your age.

School age: after the first kiss and confirmation that you both want each other that way.
College age: you can go down a romantic (girlfriend) or sexual (friend with benefits) route. When this route's been made obvious after a few meetings, you can then have the talk to concretise.
Adult age: you now may need go through the rigmarole of "dating", or you could jump in at the "seeing each other" stage. Only thereafter can you call her your "girlfriend". Depends on the situation, type of person... poor autistics. It must be difficult. I have near enough Asperger's and I don't have the faintest idea what's going on most of the time.
Why is it that everyone now seems to be "slightly autistic", it's driving me nuts when people claim that for just being socially awkward.

From what OP said 'slightly medically autistic', I inferred that this is what the doctor told him. I may be wrong but unless knowing for sure, I think it is a bit unfair to say OP is 'claiming' to be slightly autistic, when technically you're... claiming he's claiming lol, does that make sense to you? :P Don't mean to be anal, just saying :smile:

To OP: Depends on how you honestly think and feel that she'll react, because social awkwardness aside you're the one who knows her better than us (sounds obvious but just explaining why I'm not saying a definitive answer).
Either just keep seeing how it goes, if you want, 'go for the kill' and kiss her or whatever, orrrr ask her about it, you could do this seriously and say something along the lines of 'will you be my girlfriend and/or saying you'd like to define it because it makes you feel better' or try and do it playfully like 'how much do you like me...I think I wanna kiss you, do you wanna kiss me :tongue: ? '

Hope it goes swimmingly! :smile:
Reply 9
OP here, isn't it slightly weird though if you kiss them then just say bye?

OP here, isn't it slightly weird though if you kiss them then just say bye?

Nah, you kiss them, say goodbye, then kiss them some more, then leave, both of you with a HUGE smile on your face and you feel like you are floating for a bit afterwards =D

Oh to have someone to make me feel like I'm floating :moon:
Take her to an owl sanctuary. :smile:
Reply 12
Err, have sex with her, obviously. What the **** has happened to kids today when you can't figure this out for yourself :moon:
Take her out on a Cinema date instead maybe but if you like her that much just ask, you have nothing to lose.
Wait until she bends over then grab your chance and stick it in her pooper.
Reply 15
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Nah, you kiss them, say goodbye, then kiss them some more, then leave, both of you with a HUGE smile on your face and you feel like you are floating for a bit afterwards =D

Oh to have someone to make me feel like I'm floating :moon:

What after that?

What after that?

Well you each go home.

Text her to say you had a lovely time today (because a text after a kiss is always appreciated)

Talk to her as you would normally, but a bit more caringly, then ask her on a date by saying something along the lines of "was just wondering if you'd like to go to _______ with me, on ______"

Then meet up with her, kiss some more, and ask her out =D Perfect =D
Reply 17
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Well you each go home.

Text her to say you had a lovely time today (because a text after a kiss is always appreciated)

Talk to her as you would normally, but a bit more caringly, then ask her on a date by saying something along the lines of "was just wondering if you'd like to go to _______ with me, on ______"

Then meet up with her, kiss some more, and ask her out =D Perfect =D

This sounds like a good plan haha, thanks.
This sounds like a good plan haha, thanks.

It really is! I'm currently seeing someone and it all began like that - at first we talked a lot through text and msn, then one day he was with me at the bus stop and he said "maybe we should go out sometime"; we went on the date (cinema), and nothing happened til we left the building.. we sat on the grass to "talk" apparently, but I was so nervous I couldn't say a word haha, and next think I know he is kissing me :P

After this, well, we keep talking as always, and he already wants to go on a 2nd date :biggrin:

My best advice would be this: always make her see that you are thinking about her (an ocassional text does the trick), but at the same time try to be a little bit mysterious... oh and, for the date, try to come up with interesting topics of conversation!

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending