The Student Room Group

temperature

what is different ambient temperature and room temperature?
Original post by hidayah
what is different ambient temperature and room temperature?

It depends on the context. If you are researching in the Antarctic then the ambient temperature will be rather cooler than Room Temp.

In general though you can take them as meaning the same thing.
Room temperature is given as 298K, ambient temperature is whatever the temperature actually is.
Reply 3
Original post by charco
It depends on the context. If you are researching in the Antarctic then the ambient temperature will be rather cooler than Room Temp.

In general though you can take them as meaning the same thing.

oooh the same thing,sometimes i'm confuse,
really thanks charco :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by gingerbreadman85
Room temperature is given as 298K, ambient temperature is whatever the temperature actually is.

can u give me example ambient temperature 'whatever the tempeartaure',is it like same 25 Celcius?
for example, the ambient temperature in my lab is 21C, which is below standard room temperature.

Knowing if your ambient temp is the same as room temp is important (expecially this time of year) as it will throw off reactions. I've had ambients of 15C before and had to do "room temp" reactions in a heated water bath.
Reply 6
Original post by gingerbreadman85
for example, the ambient temperature in my lab is 21C, which is below standard room temperature.

Knowing if your ambient temp is the same as room temp is important (expecially this time of year) as it will throw off reactions. I've had ambients of 15C before and had to do "room temp" reactions in a heated water bath.

Oooh,Thanking muchly gingerbreadman, :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest