The Student Room Group

single people - do you think you will still be single this time next year?

Scroll to see replies

Lol, good question. I think I'll be single. Tbh I don't really care about relationships, as long as I get a healthy sex life.
Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal
I think I probably will be... I'm not really that into relationships and would like to focus on my career (hahahaha) for a bit.

EDIT: I'd genuinely love to know why I got a thumbs down for this...

I thumbed up :tongue: random negs are soo annoying :angry:
Original post by the_13th
What about the future king of Britain and his fiancee? They got acquainted at university.

Only because William is under hidden pressure from the Royal Family to get married to somebody rich and respectable.
Original post by NathanW18
Definitely.

I probably don't fit the criteria of being 'fairly normal' though.

this! This right here!:biggrin:
Yes :sad2: but im not sure though.
Reasons:
-Too picky
-The guy who wanted to date me is always busy with his college games. (I think it's not the right time too because im going there to go to uni, which will make it harder for me to go)
-Im still hung up on my ex. :p:
-Im looking for a husband material guy. (Financially stable, Independent, At uni or a graduate.)

Unless something dramatically happens. :rolleyes:
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Yes :sad2: but im not sure though.
Reasons:
-Too picky
-The guy who wanted to date me is always busy with his college games. (I think it's not the right time too because im going there to go to uni, which will make it harder for me to go)
-Im still hung up on my ex. :p:
-Im looking for a husband material guy. (Financially stable, Independent, At uni or a graduate.)

Unless something dramatically happens. :rolleyes:

You're looking for a husband at your age???

Don't you want to wait a few years before you 'settle down'?

Well, uni next year so who knows. Should provide a great opportunity to meet new people.
Original post by Beadle's About

Original post by Beadle's About
You're looking for a husband at your age???

Don't you want to wait a few years before you 'settle down'?

Im just looking for a husband material. Of course im not going to get married right away. I have to graduate first and be financially stable myself before i do. Im pretty much saying i want a serious long term relationship.
yes. :frown:
Original post by shinytoy
hi folk

for those of you who are single, over 18, averagely attractive and fairly normal, do you think you will still be single this time next year? the year after?

im attractive but very very [picky and for religious reasons, i dont see the point in dating a guy i wouldnt marry. so as a result, i have very few boyfr's and alot of first dates that go nowhere. ive only had one good bf in the last 7 years (we were together 1 year) and have been single since we broke up 18 mos ago. i expect to date about 6-8 new guys this year, but expect to still be single this time next year since i like very few dudes.

what about you and why? also, state if you are a guy or a femme

i'm 19, fairly good looking (i hope) but single because i haven't been looking for a relationship. this time next year? it depends on whether i have plucked up my courage to ask this girl out or not. but i hope my future self will do it.
i rarely in a relationship due to either relationships don't last or been too busy to even look.

i hope i get a heart of courage for christmas from the wizard of oz
Reply 110
Original post by shinytoy
hi folk

for those of you who are single, over 18, averagely attractive and fairly normal, do you think you will still be single this time next year? the year after?

im attractive but very very [picky and for religious reasons, i dont see the point in dating a guy i wouldnt marry. so as a result, i have very few boyfr's and alot of first dates that go nowhere. ive only had one good bf in the last 7 years (we were together 1 year) and have been single since we broke up 18 mos ago. i expect to date about 6-8 new guys this year, but expect to still be single this time next year since i like very few dudes.

what about you and why? also, state if you are a guy or a femme

You sound very similar to me. I wouldn't pursue a relationship I know is bound to end, and I'm rather picky as the the girls I'm attracted to.

I can't see myself being in a relationship at any point in the foreseeable future, to be honest. The jury's opinion as to my attractiveness is rather mixed; tending towards me not being as attractive as many, and I wouldn't want a relationship with a girl who isn't attracted to me (obviously). That, my lack of time and money, and the lack of attractive Christian women in my area (to my knowledge) mean that it's not going to happen in a hurry.
Most likely, though I'll see over the next year I guess.
It's surprisingly good how many people want to put their education or careers first before going into a relationship. For me, it's the ability of prospering and developing as a person that I feel is more important for me atm than relationships. I am not ready. I think before you consider a LTL you have to learn to love and accept yourself first, otherwise you won't receive the same level of love in a relationship. Like those insecure for reasons of not feeling good about themselves etc... this is what causes break-ups and cheating most likely. But if you are content and happy with yourself, I believe this'll build up a healthier relationship.

For me, I used to think I needed to find someone but really I didn't. It's better having a long term srious relationship than a line-up of short term, casual relationships, something which everyone eventually craves present or future.
Mostly likely I will be.
Probably yes.
Reply 115
Yes most likely, I'm too shy for my own good. However I don't really have a problem with it, I'm happy to just wait and see what happens.
i hope not!

ok technically i'm just barely over 18. but i've been hung up about this one guy for the past two years and i think i'm finally getting over him. going off to uni next year and hopefully, with a new environment and new social circle, i'll meet someone new and start my happy ever after.

(well, a girl can dream, can't she?)
Original post by Willum Infanta
I'd like to think I wouldn't be...you never can tell though...unless Dr Who calls :ahee:

I'd like to be un-singleised before xmas...but you never know if they're gonna reject. :sadnod:

hahaha doctor who <3 <3 <3

sigh to rejections >< but i suppose giving it a shot is better than not trying, right?
Yes it seems most likely

I have been single for a long while, although been close to getting myself a lovely girlfriend twice this year so hopefully next year i will get lucky :smile: although realistically i know full well that will never happen.
Original post by queenofglass
hahaha doctor who <3 <3 <3

sigh to rejections >< but i suppose giving it a shot is better than not trying, right?

Definitely, the person might not even realise you like them in that way...and if you do get rejected just carry on with life and search again :teeth:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending