The Student Room Group

Should I talk to my best friend about this? Also a tiny problem..

My best friend is away studying in the US and he recently started dating this girl. She added me on facebook and we talk quite a bit..atleast once in 2 days. Recently, she's always been telling me about the fights they have and how incredibly immature he acts at times. Eg. he got really mad at her because she didn't upload a photo of his in which he was 'looking good'. Also, she says he is constantly trying to change her habits and keeps yelling at her for being sloppy.
My friend is not like this however he does tend to take the people who are close to him for granted. He obviously thinks this is not affecting his girlfriend who seems like a very timid person indeed. However, it is obviously affecting her which is why she's confiding in me. Should I talk to my friend about this?(she asked me not to talk to him about it).
Also, I may, may just be falling for her. Though I would never betray my friend and will never try to get with her but I do want to avoid this feeling of liking her just a little bit.
Reply 1
Would appreciate a few replies..
Reply 2
I wouldn't say anything and I'd stop talking to his girlfriend.

Saying something would result in him possibly thinking you're trying to move on her. Not saying something and him finding out would result in the same thing and maybe also him thinking you're a dick for not telling him.
Reply 3
i think you could hint to your friend without properly saying anything... i'm sure a little part of her told you because she knows you might say something which could help fix the problem. also, maybe try talking to her less so your crush doesnt get bigger.
Reply 4
Original post by m45
i think you could hint to your friend without properly saying anything... i'm sure a little part of her told you because she knows you might say something which could help fix the problem. also, maybe try talking to her less so your crush doesnt get bigger.

though while telling me this she said..please don't tell him I told you any of this. It seems like she's scared of him, which SUCKS!
Reply 5
Original post by m45

And also..she initiates the conversations most of the times!
Reply 6
yes as it will help the girl and the lad will realise his actions are wrong and hopefully love u more for it and maybe he will leave her to get back together with you. good luck and let me know when the wedding is
Reply 7
Original post by markberry91
yes as it will help the girl and the lad will realise his actions are wrong and hopefully love u more for it and maybe he will leave her to get back together with you. good luck and let me know when the wedding is

i'm not gay
Reply 8
Original post by confusedperson
My best friend is away studying in the US and he recently started dating this girl. She added me on facebook and we talk quite a bit..atleast once in 2 days. Recently, she's always been telling me about the fights they have and how incredibly immature he acts at times. Eg. he got really mad at her because she didn't upload a photo of his in which he was 'looking good'. Also, she says he is constantly trying to change her habits and keeps yelling at her for being sloppy.
My friend is not like this however he does tend to take the people who are close to him for granted. He obviously thinks this is not affecting his girlfriend who seems like a very timid person indeed. However, it is obviously affecting her which is why she's confiding in me. Should I talk to my friend about this?(she asked me not to talk to him about it).
Also, I may, may just be falling for her. Though I would never betray my friend and will never try to get with her but I do want to avoid this feeling of liking her just a little bit.

this girl probably likes you too
Reply 9
bump

Quick Reply

Latest