The Student Room Group

Is Julian Assange innocent of rape or did the USA set up a honeytrap?

Scroll to see replies

It seems dubious and conveniant that he is now being sought for these charges, however you neve know there might be substance behind them.

We should be wary but not dismissive.
Reply 41
Original post by the_13th
What courtroom??? It's obvious even to a blind that this whole charge is dirty triks of the US and A government!

Yagshemash.
Reply 42
Original post by jaggedspike
Doesn't matter, this is probably going to get blown out of proportion because of the US. IMO the US is digging itself deeper. I hope Wikileaks adopts a distributed architecture so if a site is taken down it routes you to another server.

In a way, it already has. There are more versions of Wikileaks than just the regular web site version. There is the Tor site version and the Freenet version, both of which will prove extremely difficult if not impossible to bring down. There may be others, but those are the two that I know about.
Reply 43
3 mA hOmEbWoI aSsAnGe!!!!!!! MiSs Ya DaWg!!!!!! eff da police
Reply 44
Original post by Joinedup
Well _if_ it's a set-up it's miles better than what happens to people who leak about the Russian government http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_of_Alexander_Litvinenko

they werent very subtle about it were they? they could have stabbed him up or run him over, but instead they go for one of the most obvious and traceable methods ever!
Julian is a very intelligent guy...I doubt he'd ever do anything as stupid as to rape someone...
Whether he's guilty not, the Australian government should at least make sure he gets a fair trial. Doesn't seem to be happening.

Personally, I think the accusation is a bit dodgy. :s-smilie:
Reply 47
Original post by Eggyolk Chang

A bit dodgy? It's dodgier than Garry Glitter applying for a job at a nursery.
Reply 48
Whether he's guilty not, the Australian government should at least make sure he gets a fair trial. Doesn't seem to be happening.

Its going to be in Sweden. The country is hardly a banana republic is it
To say it is dubious would be an understatement
Though I believe it to be very unlikely that he is guilty, simply letting a man accused of serious crimes such as these go free without any kind of investigation or trial on the grounds that he has mass popular support is retarded.

Original post by Willum Infanta
Julian is a very intelligent guy...I doubt he'd ever do anything as stupid as to rape someone...

Haha. Some of you are ****ing stupid. Since when was rape an act committed solely by brain dead morons? Or have you bought into the overhyped idea that most rapes are OTT violent affairs committed by complete strangers?
(edited 13 years ago)
Of course he's innocent, the absurdity of the situation, timing, etc...
Original post by Aj12
Its going to be in Sweden. The country is hardly a banana republic is it

...True. Sweden has a very developed legal system. Which raises the question of why Assange is so reluctant to be extradited there.
As the initial accusations came before the latest round of leaks I think he should go there and answer to the charges - just because he has support does not make him above the law.
Reply 54
...True. Sweden has a very developed legal system. Which raises the question of why Assange is so reluctant to be extradited there.

Im not buying into all this American conspiracy stuff. Rape is very very difficult to get convicted for anyway due to the fact it usably comes down to your word against hers.

I think he may have done it tbh. We know nothing about the man, no one know's who he is. The man is a ghost.

Still the court case will likely show if it is bull or not.
It is definitely a setup. It is clear that the U.S is desperate to get hold of him.
If he committed the act at all. It stinks of contrivsnce. Quite obviously a ploy to facilitate his extradition to the USA. Politicians in the US demand his execution.

It's peculiar how he was acquitred by Sweden's head prosecutor months earlier, only for the case to resurface when it benefits the US.
Reply 57
Stick him on trial and we'll see what the evidence is - you don't get immunity from the law just cos trendy people wub your website ffs.

Julian is a very intelligent guy...

Doesn't mean a thing.
So were Harold Shipman and the Unabomber.
Original post by concubine
Haha. Some of you are ****ing stupid. Since when was rape an act committed solely by brain dead morons? Or have you bought into the overhyped idea that most rapes are OTT violent affairs committed by complete strangers?

Well he'd be aware of the severity of rape, and being a well known guy like he is...
He is not a leak and you cannot just take him away to stop Leaks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending