The Student Room Group

Teacher in Birmingham guilty of racial hated after calling pupil White trash

Scroll to see replies

I think teachers should be professional at all times. They should reprimand the student appropriately if they've done something wrong, but never descend into personal insults. The teacher called the pupil "white trash" - but it doesn't matter what the teacher's ethnicity was. Even if it had simply been "trash", I think it would have still been unacceptable.

I don't really think racism is the main issue here.
The fact that they haven't mentioned the race might suggest that she isn't black or Asian. If she isn't white then I'd think she's Black Caribbean. Africans don't tend to have such names.
Original post by Tnetinbum
Whoosh. One-upping someone means to try and get one over someone - making a jab at them, insulting them, whatever. You did exactly that - posting "pow! right in the kisser!" just makes you a spectator reveling in delight at a cheap shot while contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion.

No, a poster said "I can't believe you have posted this. How are the TSR right wingers going to complain that the govt turns a blind eye to any racism against whites now?"
and I said "pow right in the kisser" to express that this was a good statement to make. I meant pow right in the kisser to the people that disagree with his statement. There was no retort to his statement. Just like when someone makes a good point and the people that agree with them say "YEAH". Also i thought it was a rather funny because it was ironic, given the subject of the topic.:smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Broderss
but back in the glory days africans were given english/european names when owned by people over here and their names stuck with them so you can't really tell.

Wow racists complaining about racism, I swear I could cut the irony with a knife
LOL i wonder how much people were waiting for an opportunity like this to arise just so they could complain that there is a double standard etc...STFU and sit down e.g the nonentitiy who is Broders, who's clearly a racist that has never met an individual who is black or Asian therefore holds prejudice and uneducated views
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Bishamon
Wow racists complaining about racism, I swear I could cut the irony with a knife

I never explicitly said the glory days were made because of slavery, for all you know it may have been a coincidence that those days were the glory days at the same time slavery happened to be popular. I may have been referring to the glory days of the British Empire.
but back in the glory days africans were given english/european names when owned by people over here and their names stuck with them so you can't really tell.

Glory days? There was nothing glorious about the forced occupation of a continent and the enslavement of it's people.
Reply 27

The glory days of slavery... OK then. :erm:

Haha, just what I was thinking. :p:
I think it's fair to say that Jane Turner is herself of English or British extraction. After years of being a secondary school teacher and surrounded by self-hating ultra left dogma, where the main purpose of schools is seen to be to indoctrinate children with ultra left dogmas, it makes sense that she would say something like that. After all, us 'white people' are the bad ones, we deserve everything we get. Although she should have said 'rubbish' rather than 'trash', this is England not America.
Reply 29
Original post by Law123mus
Glory days? There was nothing glorious about the forced occupation of a continent and the enslavement of it's people.

I didn't say the glory days were made from the slavery of those people. I meant back in the glory days where slavery just happened to be popular at the same time.
This is VERY unprofessional for a teacher - but the term 'white trash' is an American term used for their equivalent of chavs, it's not necessarily meant to be a racial slur I don't think, since it's mainly white people who use it - though I could be wrong. Either way it was a very stupid thing to do.
Reply 31
I never explicitly said the glory days were made because of slavery, for all you know it may have been a coincidence that those days were the glory days at the same time slavery happened to be popular. I may have been referring to the glory days of the British Empire.

This is why I think you're a complete ****ing pussy. A grade A e-warrior. The fact that you linked the phrased glory days directly to a comment on slavery. I mean seriously :rofl: are you too much of a pussy to just admit your sentiments?? Christ almighty, at least the stromfront nerds have balls online.

There is no trying to intellectualize the statement quoted, it pretty clear cut for anyone with any modicum of common sense and an inkling of your post history in regards to these topics.
This is why I think you're a complete ****ing pussy. A grade A e-warrior. The fact that you linked the phrased glory days directly to a comment on slavery. I mean seriously :rofl: are you too much of a pussy to just admit your sentiments?? Christ almighty, at least the stromfront nerds have balls online.

There is no trying to intellectualize the statement quoted, it pretty clear cut for anyone with any modicum of common sense and an inkling of your post history in regards to these topics.

Agreed!

LOOL trust, he's a top pussy...fully backtracking on what he said
Reply 34
Original post by Time Tourist
I think it's fair to say that Jane Turner is herself of English or British extraction. After years of being a secondary school teacher and surrounded by self-hating ultra left dogma, where the main purpose of schools is seen to be to indoctrinate children with ultra left dogmas, it makes sense that she would say something like that. After all, us 'white people' are the bad ones, we deserve everything we get. Although she should have said 'rubbish' rather than 'trash', this is England not America.

Yeah thats rights you guys are in real trouble. These blacks and asians are gonna take U DOWNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

all five percent of them...:dry:
Original post by BlackVenom321
LOOL trust, he's a top pussy...fully backtracking on what he said

Lol backtracking's bare moist. Allow dat
Reply 36
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Lol backtracking's bare moist. Allow dat

moist aint even the word this dude is dripping buckets
Reply 37
LOL what race is she????

I bet if you asked the kid she called 'White Trash' he would respond she is 'Black Trash' or 'Mixed Race Trash'.

Also, why does everyone link the word 'trash' with its derogative form?

http://www.elook.org/dictionary/trash.html

She could have been calling him a white amphetamine taker.

[noun] amphetamine used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant.

Maybe he was off his head.

These white children are crazy :eek:

A black teenager may stab you but a white teenager will stab you and then frame a black teenager for it :eek:.

---------------------

You know, l was just in my hotel,
a little while ago, on my way here...

and l got in the elevator, right?

l'm getting in the elevator...

and these two high-school white boys
try to get on with me...

and l just dove off.

l said, ''Y'all ain't killing me!''

l am scared of young white boys.

lf you white and under 21
l am running for the hills.

What the hell is wrong with these white kids
shooting up the school?

They don't even wait till home time either.

Killing people in the morning.
That ain't right.

We was all safe back in the day.
Damn, the world's coming to an end.

You'll have little white kids saying:

''l want to go to a black school
where it's safe.''

That's right, man.

And everybody's talking about gun control,
got to get rid of the guns.

**** that. l like guns.

You got a gun, you don't have to work out.

l ain't working out. l ain't jogging.

You got pecs, l got Tecs.

-----

That's right,
'cause when you white, the sky's the limit.

When you black, the limit's the sky!

That's right, man.
Now, when it comes to racism...

do you know who the most racist people
are for real, the real most racist people?

Old black men.

You find a brother over .... l know
you white people know an old black man.

You go, ''Willie at the job, he's so nice.''
Willie hates your guts.

There's nothing more racist
than an old black man. You know why?

'Cause an old black man
went through some real racism.

He didn't go through that
l-can't-get-a-cab ****.

He was the cab.

A white man just jump on his back,
''Main Street.

As soon as the white man out of his sight he yells
'Cracker ass Cracker'

----------

Black people yelling “racism!” White people yelling “reverse racism!” Chinese people yelling “sideways racism!” And the Indians ain’t yelling ****, ’cause they dead. So everybody bitching about how bad their people got it: nobody got it worse than the American Indian. Everyone needs to calm the **** down.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38
I'm sorry but some of the arguments defending or mitigating criticism of the teacher are pretty weaksauce. "She might have been white British. Oh, white trash is a phrase used in America for chavs. I don't think racism is the issue here." Or just the standard old "you're racist, stop complaining about racism STFU". I highly doubt the teacher was white - why would she say "you're nothing but white trash, go back and and play with your little white friends" after trying to stop an argument? That is the entire phrase in its context. If that's not out-and-out racism then I don't know what is. She deserves just as harsh a punishment as reverse cases get.
Yeah thats rights you guys are in real trouble. These blacks and asians are gonna take U DOWNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

all five percent of them...:dry:

What's that got to do with my post?

Anyway the next census will show that English Scottish and Welsh people now only make up 80% of this country,

and they are projected to make up less than 50% of the population by 2066 (amongst younger ages groups this will be well before then).... In Leicester and Birmingham they will become a minority within the next few years... so those cities have effectively ceased to be England in any meaningful sense of the word; two major British cities, along with major parts of London, which now exhibits the 'doughnut effect'

although I don't see what any of this has got to do with this thread...
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending