The Student Room Group

Middle-class schoolboy, 12, hangs himself after 'bullies taunt he spoke too politely'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MJay91

I would imagine an ethnic minority there would have had it worse.
damn OP, you know I'm the serial Daily mail news poster on general discussion : |

but yeah what a ridiculous situation... shouldn't have commited suicide obv, only 12.... it's a shame and a real loss, how said is it to bully someone just cos they talk a certain way
Reply 42
Original post by lukejoshjedi
damn OP, you know I'm the serial Daily mail news poster on general discussion : |

but yeah what a ridiculous situation... shouldn't have commited suicide obv, only 12.... it's a shame and a real loss, how said is it to bully someone just cos they talk a certain way

Oh, really? Haven't seen you here before. Well, at least now you have someone to compete with! :biggrin:
Original post by Rfc_07
Why are you posting on here? No one really cares what you say to be honest

I guess he's just trolling.

No-one is actually that mean. But it's not particularly funny...
Original post by MJay91
Oh, really? Haven't seen you here before. Well, at least now you have someone to compete with! :biggrin:

hah yeah some of my threads are a coupled days old and yes, I suppose :cool:

I always feel a bit silly for posting Daily mail news on tsr cos so many people on here hate it but w/e, The Daily Mail manage to find so many interesting stories so consistently
What an over-reaction on his part. Ridiculous.
Reply 46

I always feel a bit silly for posting Daily mail news on tsr cos so many people on here hate it but w/e, The Daily Mail manage to find so many interesting stories so consistently

Same here. I'm sick of hearing how many soldiers died in Iraq and other stuff that you hear all the time. At least the Daily Mail is more entertaining. :tongue:
Reply 47
Original post by Student#254
It's Yorkshire. Enough said.

Oh and why are you posting this on here? No one really cares to be honest.

Natural selection at work...Only the strongest will survive and all that stuff!

Trolling of the highest standard, hitting where it hurts.:cool:
Reply 48
That is a really sad story :frown:

I hope his family and friends are OK

You shouldn't feel silly, this forum is populated by students many of whom are far left and suffering from a mental disorder called liberalism,the majority of them are on prozac because secretly they know their world view is skewed,and everyday the world throws up situations and issues that they can't understand or handle. The prozac itself addles their minds and allows them to feel comfortable in their delusions.

That is why you should post daily mail stories as much as possible,because one day lightening may strike and they become normal .The other reason for the Mail hate, is because the previous government used their media ops to try and demonise and mail and make it out to be as insane as possible ,this is because certain daily mail commentators went after tony blairs family and made personal comments . They have never forgotten or forgiven it. Iam surprised actually that richard little john has not been found in a wood dead after slashing his own wrists with a mach 3 razor.

Remember the mail is the second most bought news paper in the UK, I'd wager some people don't hate the mail as much as they would have you think.It is similar to fox news,liberals would have you believe, that it is only watched by a minority of the extreme right, yet fox political commentators get the highest ratings in the united states. The only news commentators on the liberal channels like mscbc, can only dream of those ratings.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50

:rofl:

I honesty laughed
Reply 51

How did he commit suicide? Anyway I guess it's survival of the fittest playing the joker again.
His so called "friends" who blasted the bullies on facebook should have stuck up for him IN school. People who just stand by and let others get bullied are almost as bad as the bullies themselves- it's disgusting.
Reply 53
Awwww, why didn't he sought the problem. :frown: I feel so sorry!

They used to a boy in our school before and he used to have a really funny voice, like he was an 89 year old man. A very weird one, everyone took the mic. I never I felt so tight and prayed he got someone to help him. He did. Now a teacher always comes to him with his lessons. Everything is soughted and now he is happy coming to school.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 54

Theres seriously something wrong with you! and 61 neg reps prove it
Reply 55
I would not be surprised if the article in question has painted a hugely simplistic picture of the situation. A sane rational person does not go and kill themselves because of a few taunts from 'bullies'. The bullying against this child was probably far more severe, because bullying can get to such extreme levels with teachers powerless to stop it.

Original post by My Life
Awwww, why didn't he sought the problem. :frown: I feel so sorry!

They used to a boy in our school before and he used to have a really funny voice, like he was an 89 year old man. A very weird one, everyone took the mic. I never I felt so tight and prayed he got someone to help him. He did. Now a teacher always comes to him with his lessons. Everything is soughted and now he is happy coming to school.

You are completely ignorant of how bullying works. 99% of the time, it is not as easy as that. A teacher can tell off a child or give them a detention, but the only realistic way to eliminate bullying is to expell the 'bullies', which, of course, will not happen, or for the victim to move schools, which is a drastic measure. Meanwhile, you simply can't penetrate the group ethos of bullies, nor the subtle methods of bullying that 'bullies' employ. Just because a teacher is with this "weird" child, does not mean that suddenly "Everything is soughted". Also, coming forward about a problem can be very difficult. You can quite easily get labelled a "grass" and things get even worse. Even as someone apparently sympathetic to him, you call him "weird". And there's always room for cyber-bullying.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lamps08
How did he commit suicide? Anyway I guess it's survival of the fittest playing the joker again.

He was found hung apparently

Reverse survival of the fittest? Elimination of the 'fittest', he was supposedly intelligent, well spoken and middle class
Reply 57
Original post by Kerny
I would not be surprised if the article in question has painted a hugely simplistic picture of the situation. A sane rational person does not go and kill themselves because of a few taunts from 'bullies'. The bullying against this child was probably far more severe, because bullying can get to such extreme levels with teachers powerless to stop it.

You are completely ignorant of how bullying works. 99% of the time, it is not as easy as that. A teacher can tell off a child or give them a detention, but the only realistic way to eliminate bullying is to expell the 'bullies', which, of course, will not happen, or for the victim to move schools, which is a drastic measure. Meanwhile, you simply can't penetrate the group ethos of bullies, nor the subtle methods of bullying that 'bullies' employ. Just because a teacher is with this "weird" child, does not mean that suddenly "Everything is soughted". Also, coming forward about a problem can be very difficult. You can quite easily get labelled a "grass" and things get even worse. Even as someone apparently sympathetic to him, you call him "weird". And there's always room for cyber-bullying.

Hi ok, no problem, but you know in my school, they dont go in the words of going severe, so obvisously the school boys taunting him, would not let go of him :smile: I know exactly how it feels because I was bullied for the same reason :frown:
Original post by CountMancula
*weak
Your trolling is about as subtle as an elephant in a kitchen.

And about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
I doubt it was simply taunts - I recon they either did something very nasty physically to him, or he had severe problems at home. School only lasts for 6 hours each day and at 12 one is still very much under their parents wing, so he could happily escape at home from the taunts. Personally I think it was probably a home issue, as if the bullies had done something awful he probably would have written it down or left a real indication.

Or, tbf, he would have changed the way he spoke if it was just the taunts.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending