The Student Room Group

Falling for my friends girlfriend..but I don't want to..HELP!

A really good friend of mine started dating recently. His gf added me on facebook and we talk really often..he's told her that I'm his best friend and we both naturally want to get to know each other..me cos I want to know the girl my friend is dating and she cos she wants to know her bf's best mate.
BUT...I think I'm slowly falling for her. I can't help it. I mean I know it's stupid and it's just on facebook but I actually look forward to our conversations every day. And she starts the conversations the majority of the time. I can't just delete her off Facebook as it would be really odd. However, I must state I will never betray my friend and try to get with his girl, however I can't ignore these feelings any longer. So yeah..HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Just block her from seeing your online status.
If you go to Sheffield uni PM since I know my ex is dating someone within the past few months there though she is falling for his best mate..

But onto general advice.. I guess you want to somehow not like this girl? Since even if she wanted you as well it'd be awkward since she's currently dating your best friend.. and Guy rules state you can't date a best mates ex for at least 6 months after they break up :rolleyes:

Can I ask.. what do you want help with? How would you like things to end up between the three of you? :hmmm:
Reply 3
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
If you go to Sheffield uni PM since I know my ex is dating someone within the past few months there though she is falling for his best mate..

But onto general advice.. I guess you want to somehow not like this girl? Since even if she wanted you as well it'd be awkward since she's currently dating your best friend.. and Guy rules state you can't date a best mates ex for at least 6 months after they break up :rolleyes:

Can I ask.. what do you want help with? How would you like things to end up between the three of you? :hmmm:

ah..no..i mean..i know its wrong...and i hate myself for it as well..and i probably will never act on these feelings..but i don't even want to feel like this...
Whatever you do, don't.
Reply 5
Dude you cant fall for your best mates girl, just think about what you will lose rather than what you possibly could gain in the end of all this!!
Reply 6
Original post by mikeyd85
Just block her from seeing your online status.

Can you do this to one individual person?
I guess the girl isn't the dumb..she's probably felt you kinda like her
and she keps talking to you..
so it's not really your fault..
my advice would be to get into a relationship or just talk to her about your feelings for a dfferent girl even if its fake..that way she'll probably move away from you :s
Reply 8
Original post by Menakshelatte
I guess the girl isn't the dumb..she's probably felt you kinda like her
and she keps talking to you..
so it's not really your fault..
my advice would be to get into a relationship or just talk to her about your feelings for a dfferent girl even if its fake..that way she'll probably move away from you :s

well I didn't like her when she started talking to me...I started having feelings for her as we spoke..
Reply 9
Original post by KJ21
Dude you cant fall for your best mates girl, just think about what you will lose rather than what you possibly could gain in the end of all this!!

i know dude and I don't want to even feel that way.
It's a no zone if your friend is dating this girl and would be a betrayal if you did start to fall for her.

Appear offline if you only go on facebook for that reason, otherwise ignore her whenever she says hi.

I know it would be difficult at first but if you think that you are falling for this girl and your friend actually becomes serious with her, you'll end up in an awkward love triangle, which would be best avoided.
Original post by varunjog
ah..no..i mean..i know its wrong...and i hate myself for it as well..and i probably will never act on these feelings..but i don't even want to feel like this...

So not at sheffield uni then? :hmmm:

Hmm.. So you do want to maintain a friendship with her, and be ok with them two dating..
Maybe you could try and focus on her being good to have as a friend, but you wouldn't want to date her? Maybe notice the bad points to her.. both physical and personality wise...
:dontknow: this isn't easy..
I mean easiest option would be to just ignore her and that way you'll stop falling for her.. but then your friendship would obv suffer..
Maybe try to pull away a little bit from the friendship? Appear offline so she can't contact you? Or pretend you're busy?
But anyway I think you need to cut down on contact someway so you don't fall her more :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Original post by chigley
Can you do this to one individual person?

Top right, Account, 'Edit Friends'

'Create List' (top ish right ish)

Add her to list, name it block or something.

Bottom Right, click on chat. At the top, your list should be there (if not go to friends lists)

Theres a green slider, click it, it will go grey. You are offline to that list, aka her.
Reply 13
There's nothing you can do that will make you like her less or something but just make sure you dont get too close, like if theres ever an awkward moment or times that you two get a bit flirty, change the convo coz either way your friend will find out and thats horrible. Good luckkkk :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
So not at sheffield uni then? :hmmm:

Hmm.. So you do want to maintain a friendship with her, and be ok with them two dating..
Maybe you could try and focus on her being good to have as a friend, but you wouldn't want to date her? Maybe notice the bad points to her.. both physical and personality wise...
:dontknow: this isn't easy..
I mean easiest option would be to just ignore her and that way you'll stop falling for her.. but then your friendship would obv suffer..
Maybe try to pull away a little bit from the friendship? Appear offline so she can't contact you? Or pretend you're busy?
But anyway I think you need to cut down on contact someway so you don't fall her more :s-smilie:

I have absolutely no problems with us being friends and the two of them dating..I am not envious of my friend at all..
Original post by Zyphlon
Top right, Account, 'Edit Friends'

'Create List' (top ish right ish)

Add her to list, name it block or something.

Bottom Right, click on chat. At the top, your list should be there (if not go to friends lists)

Theres a green slider, click it, it will go grey. You are offline to that list, aka her.

Crafty :biggrin: I'm going to test this out just now...
You disgust me, this is worse than incest!
Reply 17
Original post by Mr Einstein
You disgust me, this is worse than incest!

wtf
I have absolutely no problems with us being friends and the two of them dating..I am not envious of my friend at all..

Hmmm.. So maybe block her on facebook but still talk and stuff normally?
You're not envious so that's a good thing.. you don't seem too emotionally involved with this girl..
So what is it you actually feel for this girl? Are you actually attracted to her? Or is it just that you feel happy when you speak?
well I didn't like her when she started talking to me...I started having feelings for her as we spoke..

fair enough but stop contacting her now..are you sure she doesn't have feelings for you?? maybe she's thinking the same thing..I like him but he's my bfs best friend"??
but anyways even is she did recognize or feels anything to you..yh like everyone i agree for it to not happen :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest