The Student Room Group

In women, does being fat necessarily mean one is ugly?

Scroll to see replies

No, being fat doesn't make you unattractive. Attractiveness is about how you hold yourself, what you say and what you do.

If you're really really fat, I spose that implies that you don't really care about how you look, which most people don't find that attractive, but even if you're really really fat, there's still someone for you.
Reply 41
not 'ugly', but unattractive yes.
Reply 42
Fat Means That You Have a bigger body, bigger stomach. Be happy :smile:
But maybe try to loose some weight
Reply 43
Men's definition of fat is anyone over 120 Ibs...
Reply 44

Personally, I don't think so. Some people may think that this model is fat, but she's still good looking.
Reply 45
Original post by Hooovan*

Personally, I don't think so. Some people may think that this model is fat, but she's still good looking.

No she's not, at least not in those clothes :eek:
Reply 46
They're completely separate properties. Ugly describes what your face looks like, fat describes your body. It's perfectly possible to be both fat and pretty or thin and ugly.

Ugly is entirely subjective, fatness is not - although what constitutes "too fat" is subjective.
No. Most big girls are beautiful, if only they would wear nicer clothes and not feel the need to cover themselves up. :love:
ewww no waaay man id nevaa bang a fat gal dats just sick maaaan no you just dont go dere dude no way ewww am gorna boke now dat is well rank!!
lov yaaaaa
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
No it doesn't, fat women can be attractive as well.
Reply 50

She is absolutely stunning and she isn't thin so your OP is pretty pointless.
Reply 51
No, it doesn't. You can be attractive and be overweight.
Reply 52
Original post by jb9191
You said "Men respond to those women who appear to be most fertile"

No they don't.

Men respond to whatever women they think will look good in bed. No man ever thinks of children when judging attractiveness. Its purely down to how he pictures you in bed with him. Fertile or not, men want sex with women who they assume will be good in bed.

Some men will tell you this is not the case when it clearly is.

he didnt mean that men actually think consciously "this woman would make a good concubine" its that healthy attributes- generally slim, clear skin, thick hair, good muscle tone, wide hips and small waist are indicators of health, so its instinctive to look for this to carry on the human race

Original post by Ewan
Personally no, but I'm sure there are some guys out there who like fat women.

Such as this guy (the one on the right for clarification):

I know fat girls who get boyfriends much more easily than I do (and I'm a slim size 8), so what OP is saying doesn't mean a darn thing as far as I'm concerned.
Original post by rajandkwameali
This talk of fat acceptance is *******s.

I think society knows that fat necessarily means ugly, in women at the least (and perhaps in men too). i think fat women who are on the dating scene should bear this in mind, they're towards the bottom of the dating totem pole.

Go kill yourself.
Original post by im so academic
Such as this guy (the one on the right for clarification):

:lol: I was looking up about this meme the other day, and apparently it's all a big joke, and that those two people are actually both men. Which I believe must be the case since I thought the bride really does look like a man.
Original post by py0alb
They're completely separate properties. Ugly describes what your face looks like, fat describes your body. It's perfectly possible to be both fat and pretty or thin and ugly.

Ugly is entirely subjective, fatness is not - although what constitutes "too fat" is subjective.

Physical attractiveness is body and face. I think even if a woman has a good face, a fat body is a no-no.
Reply 58
Original post by rajandkwameali
Physical attractiveness is body and face. I think even if a woman has a good face, a fat body is a no-no.

... for some guys.

Anyway, unattractive and ugly mean two different things.

Quick Reply

Latest