The Student Room Group

Hypothetical situation

Let's say you were really good friends with someone 11 years ago, but they had to move (you knew about it though), so you didn't see them again. Would you respond to them 11 years on if they found you on Facebook, and initiated a conversation?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Message the person, whats the worst that can happen??
Reply 2
Original post by No Man
Let's say you were really good friends with someone 11 years ago, but they had to move (you knew about it though), so you didn't see them again. Would you respond to them 11 years on if they found you on Facebook, and initiated a conversation?

argh I am sorry, I accidently clicked neg rather than quote, my bad. I'll make it up to you by giving you pos rep on your profile haha :tongue:

I messaged someone after... yeah exactly 11 years of having not had contact and we chatted regularly for a while :smile: I hadn't seen him since we were five, and then he moved, but he had a distinctive name and hair colour haha. I don't think its weird at all, nice to find out how people from your past are doing!
Reply 3
"Hypothetical"

:smile:
Reply 4
I'm just asking because I've messaged 2 people who I was good friends with 11 years ago, but one of them hasn't responded, and the other has friended me, but hasn't responded when I asked how he's been doing. :|
Reply 5
Original post by No Man
I'm just asking because I've messaged 2 people who I was good friends with 11 years ago, but one of them hasn't responded, and the other has friended me, but hasn't responded when I asked how he's been doing. :|

did the exact same thing :smile: turned out quite good. talk to them quite often. nice re-meeting people after a long time. seeing how they've changed, etc
Reply 6
Totally. I have a couple of people on my facebook who I knew before I moved eight years ago. It's nice to catch up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending