The Student Room Group

Which era would you like to live in?

I was discussing this with my housemates last night.. Interesting to hear everyone's preference!

So there we go, the question is simple; if you could have the choice, which era would you want to live in, and why?

I would LOVE to have been around in Tudor times.. Completely fascinated by it! (My friends think that's mental; They all said the 50s or 60s!)
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Middle ages.
Crusades, wars. Damn, good era to be a man, for sure.
Reply 2
Original post by Krov
Middle ages.
Crusades, wars. Damn, good era to be a man, for sure.

Yeah :cool:
Reply 3
Regency.
Reply 4
1990's Pokemon and Digimon nuff said.

But in reality any era as long as one was wealthy and powerful.
The ambiguous 3rd era in Middle Earth, during The war of the ring

Don't know exactly when it was though, some historians place it at 4 to 5000 years ago
Reply 6
God bless people and their naive, idyllic view of the past.
Reply 7
Maybe people will think the same of us in 100 years...
70's or 80's. The music and everything just seems so cool.
Reply 9
The 1980s with Mrs. Thatcher at her best and when there was a proper difference between parties.:cool:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
ancient era, so I can go to war on a chariot
Reply 11
Original post by cloop
Maybe people will think the same of us in 100 years...

for sure.

I would like to have met Jesus, I would have travelled with him.

but generally I would like more to travel to the future. about 200 years from now and hope that society, medicine, technology have made progress.
Victorian aslong as i was middleclass. TBH im quite happy with when i did grow up as i had a relitively technology free young years ie i was a kid when PS1 came out but have enjoyed the advances ie iphone, ipad, computers etc
Reply 13
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Whatever era Indiana Jones is.

The first 3 films were about 1930s/1940s and the fourth was 1950s.
Reply 14
i love now ! or the 80's
maybe the 1990's or now. who knows what the future will be it dont look good. the planet is destroyed
Reply 16
Er... mate what are you on about what ear would you like to live in? how can you live in your ear? wow some people are dumb.
Reply 17
The Pride and Prejudice era. Preferably the heiress to a great estate; Mr. Darcys most welcome.
Reply 18
Being born in about 1950 in the San Fransisco / Los Angeles area could potentially be great with the summer of love and bands like The Doors around when you are a teenager.

Living in a Georgian townhouse in Edwardian London.

Living in Rome in the 16th century or so.

The future does not promise to be any better in the arts than even the very recent past like the 1980s and 1990s.
80s, but with the knowledge I currently have of where the good places to go were, and how to dress etc.Or actually maybe the 70s. I just dunnooo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending