The Student Room Group

2011 Criminology applicants!

Where have you applied? Have you received any offers yet?
What do you hope to do with your degree in Criminology?

You know what to do! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The universities I have chosen are in my sig. I can't wait and now I am just waiting on them getting back to me as I only submitted my application just over a week ago.

I hope to go into the forces with my degree, hopefully the police force.
Reply 2
Original post by JCM
The universities I have chosen are in my sig. I can't wait and now I am just waiting on them getting back to me as I only submitted my application just over a week ago.

I hope to go into the forces with my degree, hopefully the police force.

The wait for replies is just agonising. It's so lovely when you finally get an offer though! Do you have a favourite university at all? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ellakrystina
The wait for replies is just agonising. It's so lovely when you finally get an offer though! Do you have a favourite university at all? :smile:

Tell me about it! I am torn between UCLAN and Aber at the moment, so it will be agonising if I get offers from both of them! Although, I won't be complaining one bit! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by JCM
Tell me about it! I am torn between UCLAN and Aber at the moment, so it will be agonising if I get offers from both of them! Although, I won't be complaining one bit! :biggrin:

I like to judge my favourite by the looking at the university that gives me the most useful open day freebies :wink:
Reply 5
I have applied. with 4 Unconditionals from Sheff Hallam, Leeds met, Nottingham and Liverpool John Moores.

I hope to go into the police force, criminal profiler, criminal analsist, criminal investigator.. something along those lines. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by dan-danx
I have applied. with 4 Unconditionals from Sheff Hallam, Leeds met, Nottingham and Liverpool John Moores.

I hope to go into the police force, criminal profiler, criminal analsist, criminal investigator.. something along those lines. :smile:

That's wicked, well done! Is that Nottingham Trent or Uni of Nottingham? I visited Trent and it was really pretty :smile:!
Reply 7
Original post by ellakrystina
That's wicked, well done! Is that Nottingham Trent or Uni of Nottingham? I visited Trent and it was really pretty :smile:!

Trent, althought I think I'm pretty set on Leeds. Just not sure if to do it as a single honours or combined with Psychology, I have unconditionals for both.:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by dan-danx
Trent, althought I think I'm pretty set on Leeds. Just not sure if to do it as a single honours or combined with Psychology, I have unconditionals for both.:smile:

I've got a friend applying for Criminology and Psychology at Leeds Met! You'll have to look at the modules to see which you'd prefer :smile:
Sent off my UCAS just over 3 weeks ago, in the last 4 days I have received three unconditionals from Kent, Loughborough and Southampton (and one rejection from Durham, ha too bad!). Southampton was the one I wanted though, so I withdrew from Brighton and accepted South! :smile:

No clue with what I want to do after graduating!
Reply 10
I received a conditional offer off Aberystwyth! I need 280 points :smile: I'm going to university! :biggrin:
Reply 11
hey, i have got 5 conditional offers from Durham, Leeds, Southapmton, Manchester and Liverpool. Leeds is my first choice, just need to choose between durham and southampton for my second....
Reply 12
Original post by JennyUK
hey, i have got 5 conditional offers from Durham, Leeds, Southapmton, Manchester and Liverpool. Leeds is my first choice, just need to choose between durham and southampton for my second....

Congratulations! I have also applied to Durham, but have only received an acknowledgement off them as yet.
Iv applied for criminology/psychology at DMU and have not heard a dicky bird, iv been waiting 4 weeks now:frown:

this wait is not good my jowls are sagging, :frown:i need an offer to give my face a lift:smile:

mature student!!
Original post by JCM
Congratulations! I have also applied to Durham, but have only received an acknowledgement off them as yet.

I heard back from them pretty quickly, but I already have my A Levels so that might've made a difference... You should hear back from them soon though I'm sure :smile:
Original post by naomi_titchy
Sent off my UCAS just over 3 weeks ago, in the last 4 days I have received three unconditionals from Kent, Loughborough and Southampton (and one rejection from Durham, ha too bad!). Southampton was the one I wanted though, so I withdrew from Brighton and accepted South! :smile:

No clue with what I want to do after graduating!

Durham suck! I got rejected from Leeds and Cardiff. It's their loss though; I'm awesome :wink:.
Original post by sandraleicester
Iv applied for criminology/psychology at DMU and have not heard a dicky bird, iv been waiting 4 weeks now:frown:

this wait is not good my jowls are sagging, :frown:i need an offer to give my face a lift:smile:

mature student!!

Well iv received on refusal... 4 more to go!
Original post by sandraleicester
Well iv received on refusal... 4 more to go!

Don't worry about it! I had two rejections :smile:
Reply 18
Hi I'm Hayley- Ive applied for criminology at university of leeds,nott trent, lincoln,uni of southampton and uni of manchester.
I have received all 5 conditional offers yay!
as long as i do well in my jan exams then i hope to have leeds as my firm and nott trent as my insurance.
I would love to work in the police force somewhere
although my mum has told me her friend has a criminology degree and u dont need that to work for the police but im so excited to start learning yaya!x
Reply 19
ive got 3 offers for criminology so far : hull bangor and plymouth. which would be the best choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending