The Student Room Group

is being approachable mean your unnattractive?-pls answer :)

I was thinking this before if lots of random people constantly ask you 3 things:
1)do you have a lighter?
2)do you know the directions to ....
3)do you work in this shop related ques (when you clearly dont)

does it mean you look like gullable kind of humble guy (which is bad)

pls answer :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone??
Reply 2
I think being approachable is a good thing, personally. My friends laugh that I get "all the weirdos" coming up to me, but I like to think I just give off a friendly vibe. Haha. It doesn't mean you're 'gullible' or unattractive.
Reply 3
being a humble guy's not a bad thing :smile: but yeah it probs is- doesn't necc mean you're unattractive, i mean you might think you look a bit soft?
Reply 4
looking soft is :angry::angry::angry::angry: for a guy?
Reply 5
i was thinking that if someone is attractive, ppl are less likely to come up to them and ask these ques because he/she is attractive and usually ppl would think more shly than someone who is average or unnattractive?
Reply 6
Original post by Vohamanah
I think being approachable is a good thing, personally. My friends laugh that I get "all the weirdos" coming up to me, but I like to think I just give off a friendly vibe. Haha. It doesn't mean you're 'gullible' or unattractive.

is that how you spell gullible thanks!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
i need responses ppl:o:o:redface:!!!!!
Reply 8
Original post by killa23
do you think im crazy to think this...you laugh but maybe i am a bit extreme on certain views

Yeah a bit crazy. Don't let it bother you =/
Original post by killa23
i was thinking that if someone is attractive, ppl are less likely to come up to them and ask these ques because he/she is attractive and usually ppl would think more shly than someone who is average or unnattractive?

Why so big?
Reply 10
Original post by TheQuickestSilver
Why so big?

it took me ages to think of this and plus it spices up the thread
Original post by killa23
it took me ages to think of this and plus it spices up the thread

Haha fair doos.
Original post by killa23
x

LOUD NOISES! LOUD NOISES!

Anyway. I've been told I'm approachable and I always have people coming up to me. I figure it may be because I smile a lot and always pull ..goofy.. faces, so it's either they come up to me or they run away. Does this mean I am unattractive? Oh damn!

Actually I just think it's if you look friendly or not. I would think that people would approach a cute, girl next door but not so much a hot, blatantly sexy girl. However both are attractive, so your point is sort of void.
Reply 13
Original post by doubledot
LOUD NOISES! LOUD NOISES!

Anyway. I've been told I'm approachable and I always have people coming up to me. I figure it may be because I smile a lot and always pull ..goofy.. faces, so it's either they come up to me or they run away. Does this mean I am unattractive? Oh damn!

Actually I just think it's if you look friendly or not. I would think that people would approach a cute, girl next door but not so much a hot, blatantly sexy girl. However both are attractive, so your point is sort of void.

what about boys-they dont really need to be as attractive does the same apply for them?
I always get people asking for money or cigarettes or directions, etc... But I walk around looking very angry and grumpy and not at all approachable, so **** knows why they ask me.
Reply 15
Original post by OceanInTheSky
I always get people asking for money or cigarettes or directions, etc... But I walk around looking very angry and grumpy and not at all approachable, so **** knows why they ask me.

this is why i think its quite annoying because i had my hood on today which is quite unapproachable is it not and my friend once told me that i look like an assasin?:eek:lol
Original post by Vohamanah
I think being approachable is a good thing, personally. My friends laugh that I get "all the weirdos" coming up to me, but I like to think I just give off a friendly vibe.

I get this! :biggrin:
Reply 17
its cause you go stockport grammar
Personally I ask people for a light to get chatting to them.. it's ideal
Reply 19
It means you are
1) not a tourist
2) not a rascist
3) not a crazy
4) human

Quick Reply

Latest