The Student Room Group

is being approachable mean your unnattractive?-pls answer :)

Scroll to see replies

I would ask a decent person who i think would give an answer to my question e.g. if i needed a lighter i wouldnt exactly approach a child. If i needed directions someone which i feel know what they are doing, know stuff in general, know english, live around the area and someone that will not shy away - flirt with me or give me a dirty look.
I think you should ask yourself why you apprach people it may help.
I HOPE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION.
Reply 21
Original post by F i s
It means you are
1) not a tourist
2) not a rascist
3) not a crazy
4) human

how do they knw im not racist..........!
Maybe you don't get approached often because people have secretly guessed that your grammar is awful.
Reply 23
I honestly don't see the logic in this statement.. approachable =/= unattractive ?
Reply 24
Original post by Paint-a-Picture
I would ask a decent person who i think would give an answer to my question e.g. if i needed a lighter i wouldnt exactly approach a child. If i needed directions someone which i feel know what they are doing, know stuff in general, know english, live around the area and someone that will not shy away - flirt with me or give me a dirty look.
I think you should ask yourself why you apprach people it may help.
I HOPE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION.

good answer but my main ques which you didnt answer is attractiveness
Original post by killa23
what about boys-they dont really need to be as attractive does the same apply for them?

I can't really say because I'm not completely, totally sure, but I would actually think that the more attractive a guy, the more approachable he is. It may be double standards coming into play ('hot women = bitchy and less approachable' whereas men aren't really subject to that), but unless they're unapproachable because the girl is shy due to his good looks, then I do think attractive men will be approached more. It may also be because women and their attitude towards getting the guy they want is a lot more outright and direct nowadays and they don't have to deal with the misconception that 'hot guy = bitchy and less approachable'.

On the other hand... Men have to deal with the entire 'alpha male' idea and that to show that you truly are a man and have balls, you have to have the courage to approach a hot chick. So I suppose if we take those motives into consideration, attractive women do get more than their fair share of being approached.
Reply 26
[QUOTE='[Shadowplay];28846448']Maybe you don't get approached often because people have secretly guessed that your grammar is awful.

The whole point of this thread is why i get approached often :eek:
Reply 27
Original post by killa23
it took me ages to think of this and plus it spices up the thread

Commiserations.
Reply 28
Original post by killa23
how do they knw im not racist..........!

Because you won't be approached if you have your BNP badge on would you?
Reply 29
Original post by doubledot
I can't really say because I'm not completely, totally sure, but I would actually think that the more attractive a guy, the more approachable he is. It may be double standards coming into play ('hot women = bitchy and less approachable' whereas men aren't really subject to that), but unless they're unapproachable because the girl is shy due to his good looks, then I do think attractive men will be approached more. It may also be because women and their attitude towards getting the guy they want is a lot more outright and direct nowadays and they don't have to deal with the misconception that 'hot guy = bitchy and less approachable'.

On the other hand... Men have to deal with the entire 'alpha male' idea and that to show that you truly are a man and have balls, you have to have the courage to approach a hot chick. So I suppose if we take those motives into consideration, attractive women do get more than their fair share of being approached.

thanks for answering but i didnt get one word you said (only about 2/3):smile:
Reply 30
what if i made my hair red and spiky and turned into an emo
Original post by killa23
thanks for answering but i didnt get one word you said (only about 2/3):smile:

Uh.. Did I not explain it clearly enough? Haha, sorry? It seems pretty clear to me, but then my mind runs in swirls and loops.
Reply 32
Original post by doubledot
Uh.. Did I not explain it clearly enough? Haha, sorry? It seems pretty clear to me, but then my mind runs in swirls and loops.

are you a law student or something?
Original post by killa23
its cause you go stockport grammar

:s-smilie:
Reply 34
im joking---its cause i applied there ages ago when i was a kid and didnt get in:frown::frown:
Original post by killa23
im joking---its cause i applied there ages ago when i was a kid and didnt get in:frown::frown:

You didn't miss out! :tongue:
Reply 36
Reply 37
is it just for really attractive ppl??
Reply 38
come on guys i need to get this thread into most popular
Well i'm there so..... no! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending