The Student Room Group

AS History or AS Psychology?

I want to study medicine and will be doing biology, chemistry, maths and either history or psychology. I can't decide which one to go for as I may or may not find it interesting.

Thanks for any help :smile:
Reply 1
History, it gives you a break from science based subject and it shows you have interests other than just science.
Reply 2
Original post by swahmad
I want to study medicine and will be doing biology, chemistry, maths and either history or psychology. I can't decide which one to go for as I may or may not find it interesting.

Thanks for any help :smile:

SNAP! Although I want to study Veterinary Medicine.
Reply 3
Which one do you find more interesting?

If they are equally interesting to you (and only if), then history tbh. Because it's very well respected by universities.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by chocolatechips
Psychology. It's much easier than history, and I find it very interesting! :smile:

I've heard from some that It's actually disappointed in terms of being interesting.

Original post by milkytea
Which one do you find more interesting?

If they are equally interesting to you (and only if), then history tbh. Because it's very well respected by universities.

I'm not sure, but I know unis respect it.

Original post by snewlan
History, it gives you a break from science based subject and it shows you have interests other than just science.

I was thinking this, History will make me seem more well-rounded, which is important for medicine.

Thanks for the help. I have an interview tomorrow, so will have to tell them my choice. I will probably go for History :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest