The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by mcozza

Original post by mcozza
Apparently they send offers out to people who are applying to Oxbridge first. I think it's so Oxbridge applicants have QM as their insurance choice because they want all the rejects from Oxford and Cambridge there. That's only what I've heard though. Then they send offers out to everyone else :smile:

Not true - I (and several others on here) applied after the Oxbridge deadline and received offers quite soon after...
Reply 721
Original post by mcozza
Same :/. What college did you apply for? The Cambridge law test was so hard!

john's, how about you? was yours an essay, obviously don't say the question
Reply 722
Original post by Roweena37
Course: LLB Law M100
University: Warwick
Offer: AAB
UCAS Sent: 26 October
Received: 27 November

Course: LLB Law M114
University: Edinburgh
Offer: BBB
UCAS Sent: 26 October
Received: 24 November

I'm still waiting on Warwick to get back to me. You've done really well with those two :smile: AAB :O that's an awesome offer!
Reply 723
Original post by dog24

Queens'. yeah it was an essay, i take it yours was too? I thought it was really hard. Hard to write much on it anyway
Original post by dog24

How was it? Inbox me with ALL the details!!
Original post by Doughnuts!!
How was it? Inbox me with ALL the details!!

Be wary, Cambridge frown upon this.
Original post by Cast.Iron
Be wary, Cambridge frown upon this.

I know I know, but we've both had our interviews. It's the same as me openly discussing interviews with a friend as we walk around Cambridge (which incidentally I did with another Law applicant at the same college as me once we'd both done our interviews. :p:)
Reply 727
Original post by sfriday
Aye, as Mann18 said, I have an interview at SEH too- see you there! only 3 of us, i'm still looking for more people so i don't look like a loner next weds :wink: :tongue:

So, how did you find it?

I was quite surprised no-one at all was pooled.
Reply 728
Original post by drpetergriffin

Original post by drpetergriffin
Congrats. I've applied there on the IB. Where do u go to school?

Thanks! Go to school in Hong Kong...yourself? You have an offer from them yet?
Course: LLB Law M100
University: Bristol
Offer: ABB
UCAS Sent: 28 September
Received: 10 December
Original post by amydee:)
Offers from both my back ups for Law with Criminology,
Lincoln - BBB
Derby - BBB

Waiting on York and Lancaster (applied twice)!!
What do people think of Lincoln or Derby? Any good? No body else seems to have applied there.. :smile: Quote me please x

I have an offer from Derby and I really liked the uni. As well as a mock court room it also has a mock family court. It's in a nice area too. It's not the exactly highly regarded for law but what I saw looked impressive. However, I'm putting my insurance as Notts Trent.
Reply 731
Original post by Mann18
So, how did you find it?

I was quite surprised no-one at all was pooled.

I don't know. I thought the interview with Prof Briggs was the one I did best in, but the general consensus was that Mr Lee was the 'easy' interview - but I thought it was awful! I don't think I'll get in, but then again, I'm not sure I actually want to go there now! Definitely felt quite out of place. How about you? And yeah about being pooled - strange..
Reply 732
Original post by Ab1odun

Original post by Ab1odun
I'm still waiting on Warwick to get back to me. You've done really well with those two :smile: AAB :O that's an awesome offer!

Really? Thank you :smile: I've also applied to QMUL and LSE but have yet to receive responses. What do you think of Warwick's reputation as a Law uni?
Reply 733
Original post by sexygyal_x

Original post by sexygyal_x
hello :smile: congrats on your offer ! are you international? i don't know anybody who's got a warwick offer living in the uk! jealousssss !

Reply 734
Original post by Hannah-Louise
I have an offer from Derby and I really liked the uni. As well as a mock court room it also has a mock family court. It's in a nice area too. It's not the exactly highly regarded for law but what I saw looked impressive. However, I'm putting my insurance as Notts Trent.

I was impressed too; I wasn't expecting to like it really and it surprised me :smile:
Reply 735
Original post by Cast.Iron
I think that Lincoln has been at the butt of some Inbetweeners jokes. As for Derby, I have no idea.

Ah I see :smile: Guess I'll never know 'til I go looking round.
Hey, first time on here!
Apply for law at Cardiff, Exeter, Durham, Keele and Bangor
Predicted A*AA in History, English lit and RS
UCAS sent on 30 of November
Recieved offers from Bangor (280 points) and Exeter (AAA)

Has anyone heard from Durham yet?
Reply 737
Original post by LookAliveSunshine
Hey, first time on here!

I received an offer from exeter as well :smile:
congraz:smile:
Original post by dog24
just had a reaaaaaaaaaly tough day in Cambridge too, not expecting an offer from them :frown:

I'm beginning to think that hard work doesn't pay off. We've worked hard to get the grades that we have but they seem to mean nothing to half of these universities.

Don't worry I genuinely feel your pain. I'm sure Cambridge saw your potential and liked you :smile: At least with interviews they get to see you in person, unlike LSE & UCL who base it on PS, LNAT, Grades etc.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 739
Original post by LookAliveSunshine
Hey, first time on here!

Hi and I am still waiting for Durham. By the looks of things we could b waiting until january-thats when most people get an offer from there. :biggrin: