The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gay marriage = Definitely.
Gay adoption - Hell yes.
Reply 41
Original post by AwsomePossum
I won't discriminate them.But I'm afraid I'll have to respectfully decline if I am asked permition to be boarded from the rear.

I work on the philosophy: Your rights end where mine start but there's no need to be unkind....Unless they scream homophobe at anyone who dare oppose them.
Peace Tom

That is so to the point; spot on. I'm with u on that.:tongue:
Men - Sick and shouldn't be able to adopt kids.
Women - Hot but should not be able to adopt kids.
If anyone cares for me to elaborate, I will upon request.
Indifferent. It doesnt affect me so its all good.
Original post by Anonymous-

Why should a perfectly happy couple not be allowed to adopt kids when they are more likely going to give the child a better life compared to where it had been, stuck in a children's home?
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous-

elaborate
What is the point of answering this question? You can only have one view or you will get warned
Reply 47
Original post by Ell <3
Ok, so I was googling some stuff earlier cos I was bored and I was disgusted to see some people's views, especially in the Western world saying that gay people shouldn't get equal rights and that they shouldn't express their sexuality publicly. This has really angered me and I just wanted other people's opinions on it?

What's your opinions on gay marriage and gay adoption too?

Yes, they shouldn't get equal rights. Not to say that a gay man's life is worth less than one who is straight. But gay people adopting children, bringing them up is a very disturbing thought. The child would be thoroughly confused and have a distorted image of how society operates. Not to mention the stigma that is likely to be attached to a child of a gay couple. This is the main reason I have problems with embracing homosexuality completely.
I simply cannot imagine children being raised by gay couples. To deny them that right would be discriminating against them, which is why cohabitation of gay couples must be restricted to a certain extent.

Gay people are fewer in number where we need them most, i.e. developing countries - or at least they dont come out as gay. The West needs population growth, gay people don't help. (Im not trying to be amusing at all!)

I'm not "judging" any group or anything, but you have to understand that its sort of a universal rule for marriage to be between a man and a woman - thats how reproduction takes place, thats what mother nature wants it to operate. Any attempt to reverse that would lead to chaos and a breakdown of society - in the sense that we have to completely change our idea of the concept of a 'family', of society in general.

Apart from that, a gay man minding his own business is just like any other man to me.
Reply 48
To be honest, I'm starting to think that heterosexuals (on tsr atleast) are more obsessed about the well-being and rights of homosexuals than homosexuals themselves.
i think that gay people need to stop being gay. I hope you respect my opinion as i respect yours.
Reply 50
I think gay people are gay.
I have no opinion whatsoever on "gay people" as a group, similar to that I have no opinion on "white people", "straight people", "bi people", "black people", "transgender people" etc.

There are some gay people I like and some I don't.

As for what I think of people being gay... er, again, I really don't have an opinion. That's someone's preference and I have no right to say whether it's bad or not.

From what you've written in the OP I think it's pathetic that gay people don't have gay rights... I don't see how sexual orientation is anyone's business and if people are stupid and ignorant enough to letting homosexuality be a problem they are clearly outtathetimez and narrow minded
Reply 52
Original post by SiaSiaSia
I have no opinion whatsoever on &quot;gay people&quot; as a group, similar to that I have no opinion on &quot;white people&quot;, &quot;straight people&quot;, &quot;bi people&quot;, &quot;black people&quot;, &quot;transgender people&quot; etc.

There are some gay people I like and some I don't.

As for what I think of people being gay... er, again, I really don't have an opinion. That's someone's preference and I have no right to say whether it's bad or not.

From what you've written in the OP I think it's pathetic that gay people don't have gay rights... I don't see how sexual orientation is anyone's business and if people are stupid and ignorant enough to letting homosexuality be a problem they are clearly outtathetimez and narrow minded

Well they're still denied some rights in the UK, Gay men (or any man who has sex with a man) are banned from giving blood. Surely they test the blood before they send them off, it's like saying any black people who've migrated here from Africa can't give blood because there's loads of AIDS in Africa, it's ridiculous!
Reply 53
I think "that's not for me, but I have no problem with them whatsoever". I should think they feel exactly the same about straight people.
Original post by Summergirl.x
Why should a perfectly happy couple not be allowed to adopt kids when they are more likely going to give the child a better life compared to where it had been, stuck in a children's home?

Original post by Ell <3
elaborate

Very rude..

Anyway, children in homes need a stable, heterosexual environment. These children are especially vulnerable and shouldn't be exposed to homosexuality at an early age. Don't you think that the children have been through enough without being torn to **** by bullies at school?
Just because the gay people may be happy and are able to give the child more emotionally and aesthetically, doesn't mean that they are fit to parent these children. There are of course exceptions, but for the most part I am correct. No other opinion need bee expressed.
Reply 55
I have absolutely nothing against gays :smile:
I find it weird that any man can want to **** another man, but that's about it - nothing else, got no actual problems with gay people.
Reply 57
Original post by rylit91
Perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick, then. My view, as a Catholic, is that gays should be treated like everyone else, but in terms marriage, a gay marriage shouldn't have the same sanctity as heterosexual one. I think they should be recognised by the law, but not by the Church or any organisation that preaches homosexuality is a sin etc etc

Fair enough. I don't think anyone has suggested they should.
I don't care if they're gay or not. I don't treat people differently because of their sexuality.
I'm not sure. Do you think that being homosexual is a choice? Or that you're born gay?

Latest

Trending

Trending