The Student Room Group

BPP, City Law School, or College of Law for BPTC?

Which would you prefer? And why?(All 3 London branch btw)
Former students input are much appreciated.

Thanks.:smile:
Reply 1
At this stage, why make a choice? You can apply to all three in the first round of applications (that's what I'm doing), so you could wait and see who you get offers from before deciding on one over the others to potentially be disappointed.
Original post by MickJB1989
At this stage, why make a choice? You can apply to all three in the first round of applications (that's what I'm doing), so you could wait and see who you get offers from before deciding on one over the others to potentially be disappointed.

You should make a choice because you're less likely to get offers from those you put lower down the list. I was only accepted by the first 2 I put down.
Reply 3
Original post by dalianatkinson
You should make a choice because you're less likely to get offers from those you put lower down the list. I was only accepted by the first 2 I put down.

This,exactly. If you simply put them in random orders, chances are you will be disappointed. Hence, I need some feedback from fellow members who have completed their course to give some input.
Reply 4
Neither! Kaplan Law school in London really sells itself!
Original post by teddex
Which would you prefer? And why?(All 3 London branch btw)
Former students input are much appreciated.

Thanks.:smile:

It's difficult to comment on other providers - I'd never even heard of Kaplan. I studied at BPP and recommend it for the following reasons:

1. Amazing facilities - the course is very well organised;
2. Great lecturers;
3. Good location;
4. Good reputation.

That should do it I think.
Reply 6
Original post by LibraryHomeCinema
It's difficult to comment on other providers - I'd never even heard of Kaplan. I studied at BPP and recommend it for the following reasons:

1. Amazing facilities - the course is very well organised;
2. Great lecturers;
3. Good location;
4. Good reputation.

That should do it I think.

Thank you for this. Helpful indeed. Any negative's about BPP? Were their
schedules tight? Thanks mate,appreciate your help.:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by teddex

Threads like this have been done to death many times, next time use the 'search' button.

On a side note both have their own teaching methods, at CoL you will have workshops rather than lectures, lectures will be provided online in the form of I-tutorials which you have to watch in order to prepare for the workshops, whilst also doing the preparatory tasks and reading.

At BPP as far as I know you will have lectures and also are given the option to view them online. But ask a former/current BPP student as to their methods of teaching.

Fees vary as well BPP being the expensive one, I chose CoL my reason was due to its careers services and its extensive links with other firms. However you might have a TC so check with your firm where they want you to do the LPC, as most firms have a specific LPC provider.
Original post by teddex

The main problem I had with BPP was the lack of consistency with the advocacy teaching. One person would say, "yeah that technique was brilliant, well done". Another would tell you that under no circumstances should you use that style or phrase! It was very annoying but I suppose is actually fairly accurate if you think about the differences in judges etc.

The other advantage with BPP is that most of their staff either practised in the recent past or are currently in practice - my tutor (although never remembered my name) spent half of her week in Chambers and the other time teaching us. She was able to give really decent and relevant advice.

Aside from that BPP was very professional and has excellent facilities. They treat you like in a professional manner too.

By tightness of schedules were you talking about how many classes you have? It was a little less intense than the GDL but was by no means a walk in the park. They balanced the skills based and knowledge based classes well.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have!
Reply 9
thank all of you guys, every information was very very helpful

P/s - to guvner - YES ,I AM AWARE there are threads like this. However , the info were not in depth. For example, the thing you said about COL is something i never would have known.

Anyways, my top 2 choices are COL and BPP. Thanks to all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending