The Student Room Group

Students with part-time jobs, how many hours do you work weekly?

Scroll to see replies

I do 21 hours as a payroll & bookkeeping assistant which gets me about £600 a month, and 12 hours as a waitress which gets another £250 :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by 26daystoworkwith
I do 21 hours as a payroll & bookkeeping assistant which gets me about £600 a month, and 12 hours as a waitress which gets another £250 :biggrin:

All this while studying? 850 pounds? :eek:
Reply 22
Contracted to 12 hours a week but work nearer 20 a week

21 hours a week of classes

Paid monthly. £6.30ish an hour so roughly £500 a month
Original post by SoulfulBoy
How many days? And how much are you paid? And monthly or weekly?:smile:

At the moment about 25 hours a week, babysitting 3 nights and full time 9-4 at uni 4 days a week. I get £6.00 p.h. and get paid every 4 weeks.
I work between 18-22 hours a week, depending on what shifts i get put down to do. This is mainly thursday nights, friday nights, saturday and sundays. Get paid on average £200 a fortnight.
I work about 10 hours per week, and get £100 per week for that, paid monthly.
Can increase hours during holiday times, and will go up to at least 30 hours per week in the summer to pay for next year's tuition fees! :smile:
I work ~15hrs/week paid between £8.60 - £16.12/hr depending on when I work. Paid monthly.
Reply 27
20 Hours and paid £7.68 per hour and paid monthly. ;D
Original post by SoulfulBoy
How many days? And how much are you paid? And monthly or weekly?:smile:

I work 9 hours a week, 5 on Saturdays and 4 on Sundays, which is 2 days. I get paid £6.02 an hour on a monthly wage/salary basis. Oh and I sometimes have to do overtime, if and when I can...:sigh:
I'm a Uni student working 16 hours a week. I get paid 5.95 an hour and I'm paid every month. :bigsmile:
When I was at college, I worked 14 hours a week. First year of uni, I dropped to 12 hours a week and now, in my second year, I work 8 hours a week.
Reply 31
Studying 3 A-levels. Working about 26 hours per week at McDonalds on £6.15.

Hours change slightly every week but same days:
Wednesday: 4-8
Friday 4-8
Saturday 7-4
Sunday: 6-3

Have only recently picked up wednesday and friday shifts due to xmas season being exremely busy.
Used to do 16 hours per week, 8 hours sat and sun.

Paid every 2 weeks, about £250
Reply 32
12 Hours ant £5 No overtime too tired so about £250
and 22 Hours at college
i work whenever i want :smug:
Reply 34
In my second year at uni, contracted for 20hrs/wk at £6.69/hr at M&S. Works out about £520 per month.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by purplesky
Do you find you're not left with much time for yourself?
I'm doing a-levels, 36 hours a week plus 10 hours travel time a week and loads of homework and I don't know if I can handle a job atm so I was just wondering. Come the weekend, I'm exhausted and I don't know if I'd have the motivation to work. How do you all find it? Hardly anyone at my school has a proper job...

If you don't mind me asking, do you go to a private school? I used to go to a private school and found noone there was even interested in getting a job, and now I'm a state Sixth Form and everyone and their dog has a job!
Reply 36
Original post by gemnomnom
If you don't mind me asking, do you go to a private school? I used to go to a private school and found noone there was even interested in getting a job, and now I'm a state Sixth Form and everyone and their dog has a job!

Yeah lol. I guess most people don't need it, sadly I'm not one of those people! To loads of people I think the idea of even thinking about getting a job is completely ridiculous, which is a bit silly imo but oh well.
I work anywhere between 18 - 32 hours a week at Sainsburys. Contracted 18, but he's been putting me in for loads lately. I've drawn a line at doing over 24 now though. It's too much, I end up doing uni work on my lunch breaks. I do earn between £500-£700 a month though :biggrin:

I also do 18 hours of lectures a week.
Original post by purplesky
Yeah lol. I guess most people don't need it, sadly I'm not one of those people! To loads of people I think the idea of even thinking about getting a job is completely ridiculous, which is a bit silly imo but oh well.

It was like that at my old school too, and I'm not one of these people who is prepared to sit on their backside and not work! Bear in mind you might find it hard to hold down a part-time job as private school hours are longer (but you do get longer holidays, not excessively longer until summer starts.)
My last job I worked Saturdays at local stadium in burger bars. Never got trained and was basically always pushed into doing the washing every week and cleaning when I wanted to do other work there. Awful.

I'm hoping to get a job at Tesco at the moment and hopefully get some money back next year so I can afford driving lessons/car eventually to help in gaining voluntary experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending