The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous-
Christ, you are stupid. It should be a male and female.

Ha, thanks for judging me before you know me. I'm not "stupid" as you seem to think, I just happen to not be some pretentious dick who can't even see past old prejudiced thoughts on homosexualism and is still living in the 1950's, I bet you think a woman's place is in the home aswell, and that the men are the hunter gatherer's in life. Open your eyes and stop judging people
Reply 101
Original post by markberry91
i think that what their doing is an obomination. it goes against the christian bible. gay people make me feel sick. gay men look like women, sound like women, act like women and they are just vile. i dont think there is a place for gay relationships on this planet and theres definately not a place in heaven were gays are accepted. i just dislike gays so much its had to explain. go and get yourself sorted gays and get a life

I think your grammar and spelling is an abomination, to be quite honest.
Original post by leala4628
*high five*

I can't believe it's even an issue on here to be honest-the more people think about it surely the more they realise how much of a non issue it is who you are attracted to/fall in love with/build a life with.

*High Five*

also, you would be AMAZED and no only some peoples personal levels of in tolerance but the number of intolerant people who are not only on here even when this forum represents the new generation of adults.
You do make valid point, but priority should be given to the straight people, in my opinion.

Okay, I'm fine with that, just as long as you make it clear that it is your opinion and not that you are right like you said earlier. Because being right would make it a fact. And this is just opinions here.
Original post by manga-freak
*High Five*

also, you would be AMAZED and no only some peoples personal levels of in tolerance but the number of intolerant people who are not only on here even when this forum represents the new generation of adults.

It's unreal the level of how much people are in-tolerable or whatever the word is, considering this is basically a forum for educated people, you'd think they'd know a little better and have less prejudiced thoughts. Or no prejudice at all to that matter, it's all a testament to how your raised, people with prejudiced thoughts will have been brought up in a prejudiced manner believing these values are "right", whereas decent people will have learnt how to accept that everyone is different and diverse, and thats what makes the world pretty much great :biggrin:
Original post by leala4628
The fact is without visibility and equal rights what use is 'teaching' tolerance? So you'd teach your child that people are different but no, they can't bring up children or have the same rights as you?

Visibility is not needed. You can't have every type of person in a household e.g gay, disabled, etc.
Original post by natashapt
Ha, thanks for judging me before you know me. I'm not "stupid" as you seem to think, I just happen to not be some pretentious dick who can't even see past old prejudiced thoughts on homosexualism and is still living in the 1950's, I bet you think a woman's place is in the home aswell, and that the men are the hunter gatherer's in life. Open your eyes and stop judging people

You said something stupid which is why I called you stupid. Also, I am not a "pretentious dick who can't even see past old prejudiced thoughts"
And please don't make random assumptions regarding my view on women. That's a stupid thing to do.

Way to show that you aren't stupid..
Reply 106
I was cornered in the street today by a guy from "The Church of Benwell" (a local town in North East UK nr Newcastle). He asked me if I was a church g-er and I said no, because I don't have a religious faith and never have. He told me I should join the Church because it is a moral and pure environment.

I quickly retorted by asking him what he considered 'moral and pure'. He replied by saying 'Anything not in the Bible'

I then asked him if a 'man lying with a man' was impure, in his church's view. and then he replied "Well if it's not in The Bible, then sure".
I then asked him if he thought my lifestyle was 'impure and immoral" and he blankly looked at me and said "Yes. Yes it is."

People forcibly imposing their views like this should not be allowed on the street, the internet or on TV. I am gay and I have no problem with my being gay, neither have any of my boyfriends in the past.I don't wear pink leather chaps with arse holes cut out nor do I mince around the streets with a handbag and heels (apart from one drunken night aha :awesome: ) ....but if I did, who's right is it to judge me on that?
And, why should anyone else have a problem with it?

I just don't see their problem with it all.
Original post by Oivil
I have nothig against them, but I'm strict against that homosexual couples adopt children

What if they have them naturally? Frankly kids bully no matter what you look like or who your parents are. PEOPLE ARE HORRIBLE full stop. Not sure if you know but gay people are born to straight parents so if you're worried about "rubbing off" on the kids. Don't worry your silly little self.

I have no problem with it. I don't see why I should, it doesn't make them less of a friend to me.
I don't really give a ****. Shag whomsoever you wish.
Though I would like you to stop having marches telling me how it's not a big thing. If it's not a big thing, sit down, shut up and stop calling attention to yourself.
Visibility is not needed. You can't have every type of person in a household e.g gay, disabled, etc.

You said something stupid which is why I called you stupid. Also, I am not a "pretentious dick who can't even see past old prejudiced thoughts"
And please don't make random assumptions regarding my view on women. That's a stupid thing to do.

Why is it better for kids to be brought up in a heterosexual environment than homosexual?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I don't really give a ****. Shag whomsoever you wish.
Though I would like you to stop having marches telling me how it's not a big thing. If it's not a big thing, sit down, shut up and stop calling attention to yourself.

I don't think anyone going on those marches would say homosexuality isn't a 'big thing', I think they'd say that it's actually an incredibly important thing.
Original post by grth

People forcibly imposing their views like this should not be allowed on the street, the internet or on TV. I am gay and I have no problem with my being gay, neither have any of my boyfriends in the past.I don't wear pink leather chaps with arse holes cut out nor do I mince around the streets with a handbag and heels (apart from one drunken night aha :awesome: ) ....but if I did, who's right is it to judge me on that?
And, why should anyone else have a problem with it?

because nobody wants to see your arse in public..

Well you made a random assumption I was stupid on me saying that a homosexual environment could raise a perfect child just as equally as a straight couple could, how is that not stupid? How could me giving my opinion on the matter of homosexual adoption in any realm make me stupid? So you say something stupid, and I will. Comprende. And FYI I have a gay cousin who will be adopting a child soon, and when he does, with his partner, and they raise a beautiful, well edcuated TOLERANT young person, hopefully people like him will become spokespersons against people like you who make the assumptions that a gay couple could not possibly raise a child. A child needs love and care, regardless of who, or what sexual orientation the person giving it is.
Original post by Summergirl.x
Okay, I'm fine with that, just as long as you make it clear that it is your opinion and not that you are right like you said earlier. Because being right would make it a fact. And this is just opinions here.

It is my opinion, but lets be honest...

It's unreal the level of how much people are in-tolerable or whatever the word is, considering this is basically a forum for educated people, you'd think they'd know a little better and have less prejudiced thoughts. Or no prejudice at all to that matter, it's all a testament to how your raised, people with prejudiced thoughts will have been brought up in a prejudiced manner believing these values are "right", whereas decent people will have learnt how to accept that everyone is different and diverse, and thats what makes the world pretty much great :biggrin:

Again you make stupid assumptions. You have no idea how I have been brought up.
Also, who are you to decide who is decent? People like you piss me off.
I don't know them all.

Who are YOU to decide?
It is my opinion, but lets be honest...

Again you make stupid assumptions. You have no idea how I have been brought up.

I wasn't talking to you or about you so what makes you think this post revolves around you? People like YOU piss me off, you're so narrow minded, you couldn't possibly comprehend there are different alternatives to "the norm".

YOU SAID IT SISTER!!!!!

.....oh wait that sounded a little too gay. :O I might get beaten up!!!! If only there were less intolerable intolerant pseudo-fascist whose puny minds can't entertain and understand an idea without feeling that they must accept it XD
YOU SAID IT SISTER!!!!!

.....oh wait that sounded a little too gay. :O I might get beaten up!!!! If only there were less intolerable intolerant pseudo-fascist whose puny minds can't entertain and understand an idea without feeling that they must accept it XD

AMEN TO THAT! :biggrin: Its nice to know there are people like me haha!
YOU SAID IT SISTER!!!!!

That's soooo fascist and intolerant of you to be mean to homophobes. who are you to say they shouldn't beat people up?

Latest

Trending

Trending