The Student Room Group

Girls who wear glasses/specs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ice_Queen
Wha frames do you have?

I have two metal pairs, and I don't think I look geeky at all. They look smart, and my bright blue ones (with fern leaves down the sides, no less) are just awesome :biggrin:

My red ones.
My blue ones.
My current pair are by Tiffany. My last pair were Bvlgari and the pair before that were Chanel.

I only wear angular black acetate frames. They make my round/oval face look less... round lol.
Really does depend on the glasses.

I used to HATE wearing them because i had ugly turtleshell rimmed ones (i kid you not) and then thin steel rimmed ones... SO not cool for a 10 year old to wear...

But i switched and got some funky zebra striped ones and they look awesome now, i get compliments all the time.

So. Depends on what they look like and whether YOU like them. Difference that counts.
Original post by Ilora-Danon
My current pair are by Tiffany. My last pair were Bvlgari and the pair before that were Chanel.

I only wear angular black acetate frames. They make my round/oval face look less... round lol.

Haha awesome, much posher than FCUK :p:

I was just wondering why you don't like metal frames?
Original post by Ice_Queen
Haha awesome, much posher than FCUK :p:

I was just wondering why you don't like metal frames?
Firstly, they remind me of being a kid and wearing basic metal frames from Specsavers. And secondly, because I think metal frames aren't as 'statement' as acetate frames. I hate the nose pieces on metal frames and find acetate frames to be much more comfortable. Acetate frames, to me, feel younger and more design focused, and more feminine on women. You can also get a wider range of colours and designs out of an acetate frame than a metal frame.
Firstly, they remind me of being a kid and wearing basic metal frames from Specsavers. And secondly, because I think metal frames aren't as 'statement' as acetate frames. I hate the nose pieces on metal frames and find acetate frames to be much more comfortable. Acetate frames, to me, feel younger and more design focused, and more feminine on women. You can also get a wider range of colours and designs out of an acetate frame than a metal frame.

I've never tried acetate nose bridges for long periods of time, so I can't comment on that (though I don't find my metal ones uncomfortable).

'Statement' is subjective. Frames can say a lot about a person, and everything is relative. I would say that glasses should make a statement about the wearer, whether that be thick and pink or slim and copper.

Saying you get a wider choice in X material doesn't make that material better. You can get more jewellery in silver than you can in platinum - is silver therefore better? If there was only one material ever than acetate would probably be better simply for that reason, but that's not going to happen :p:

I love my metal frames, I do think they're simpler and classier - it depends what you want out of a frame.

I think both have their merits, is what I'm trying to say (my brain is sort of fuzzy at the moment).
Just one more thing to take off. :wink:
OP i really like those frames i reckon they'll really suit your face, guessing from your description but i can't say 100% perhaps put some pics up? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
i'm 20 years old i don't want to look older, i want to look like i'm 20 :redface:. oh and i didn't mean that she looked older, she pulled them off very well.

I'm 21 in 2 and a half months, a lot of people think I'm 2 or 3 years younger than I am; glasses that would make me look more mature would be great. We'll see, just got a new pair less than a day ago.

Being 2O may feel old but it really isnt
Reply 88

I'm 21 now :frown:
Reply 89
So long as you get ones that suit you, you'll be fine. Really chunky frames are fashionable but I find that they don't suit me at all, so I tend to get ones that are slim around the eyes and then chunky at the sides and they suit me much better.

I was really tempted by some lime green ones last time I was at the opticians but I chickened out. I might get a bit braver with my next pair.

My glasses:

Spoiler

i wear them only while watching t.v,reading or on my computer.they dont make you look nerdy....it depends on the style you choose..please dont go for thick frames..for me i kinda look serious when i have them on bcoz of my eye colour:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Reply 91
I don't really think glasses necisarily make people look worse ,but if you are concious try and find a pair that suit your face shape and e.g. if you have a pale complexion dont get dark coloured ,chunky style glasses as they can look too harsh , ive seen it happen. Either that or at least consider contact lenses.
Original post by Gabbycat_Almighty
"Gentlemen makes pases at girls wearing glasses" :wink:
I think that's a [deliberate] misquote! :eek:

But yeah, Dorothy Parker was wrong.
Since starting to wear glasses a month a go, I find women with them on can be well sexy.
Reply 94
Original post by R. Murray
Argh stop hijacking my conversation!

All that optometry talk is a cover for the obvious sexual attraction between you two. You should just get it on :sexface:
girls in glasses :coma:
Reply 96
All that optometry talk is a cover for the obvious sexual attraction between you two. You should just get it on :sexface:
You are lucky I'm only doing my first semester so no optometry for me (yet)...XD
I LOVE women with glasses.
Reply 98

Where do you get your frames from and which opticians do you go to? I wanted a higher end pair but they don't really do miu miu etc in specsavers.
Where do you get your frames from and which opticians do you go to? I wanted a higher end pair but they don't really do miu miu etc in specsavers.
I use an optician called Hammond and Dummer in Milton Keynes. They're an independent optician, so they only have one branch.

Quick Reply

Latest