The Student Room Group

19, not good looking, never had a girlfriend...

I'm 19 (boy) and have never had a girlfriend. I think I'm not really that good looking and for that reason don't even try getting one. In terms of girlfriends I have absolute 0 confidence.

I mean I can't imagine anyone really wanting to be with me because of my looks. My personality is rather positive, but not my look.

What can I do about that?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do what the indie and emos do. Hide their faces with silly glasses and stupid hair.
Reply 2
These kind of threads should be banned, more common that Kerry Katona.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 19 (boy) and have never had a girlfriend. I think I'm not really that good looking and for that reason don't even try getting one. In terms of girlfriends I have absolute 0 confidence.

I mean I can't imagine anyone really wanting to be with me because of my looks. My personality is rather positive, but not my look.

If you're short then there is nothing you can do about, and then you should seriously just forget about women. They really despise short men.

How tall are you?
Reply 4
The best thing you can do is not post on TSR about it. You'll only get a sea of flames, an army of trolls and stupid replies in response to threads like these.
Reply 5
Original post by m.i.e
If you're short then there is nothing you can do about, and then you should seriously just forget about women. They really despise short men.

How tall are you?

Ermm 5 foot 8 :s (172cm)
Reply 6
What, in your eyes, is wrong with your looks?
Reply 7
Original post by damos92
What, in your eyes, is wrong with your looks?

big nose. thats all. everything else is fine, but that is one MAIN thing.
Avoid all mirrors
Reply 9
inb4

Reply 10
What do you think is not good looking about you? Posting a picture would really help tbh.
Also, even the ugliest guys get girls if they have confidence.
Reply 11
In all honesty for some girls inclu. me Good looks helps to be attracted to some one but there are other things in guys apart from looks that i find irresistible such as confidence ( not arrogance), manners, some one who is articulate, dress well, ambititous, and engages me in intellectual conversation. Basically I rather go out with perhaps not that physicaly attractive but smart than to go out some one who is attractive but stupid and shallow. So you need to find a way to get over such thoughts you are who you are you cant change that no one is perfect. Try to shine in the things you are good at cuz that can play a part in making you very attractive.
Reply 12
These threads are really common, arguably more than any other type of thread, yet there's no article on the student wiki about it? It's clearly an issue affecting a lot of people, but for some reason crushing lonliness isn't considered as much a problem as break-up advice and dealing with long distance relationships. I think it deserves at least as much attention.
Reply 13
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Confidence will massive compensate for bad looks. Try to build your confidence and forget what you look like.
Reply 15

Flawless...
Reply 16
FFS man up!
I'm a gay guy, but I sometimes feel the same about guys. I've had one boyfriend before though and I think that since then i haven't worried about it as much as i did beforehand. I guess you just have to wait it out. Somebody will come along. Try not to feel down about it.
Original post by Anonymous

I'm 21 and in the same boat OP although i have had girlfriends in the past.
I havent had a girlfriend or anything close to that since late 2006 or early 2007...and this is not through choice either, it just seems no one is interested in me these days, im just viewed as a friend by every single girl i know or meet...

No girl is ever like "ohh i really fancy him" or ask my mates "could you get his number for me"...it's never me!

when i hit 21 i started worrying if i will be in the same boat at 31, and at night i generally get depressed about it because it shows no signs of changing anytime soon

I have an active social life, i go out with friends, go to pubs, the clubs..the football...but no one takes an interest because im under 6 foot and not athletic like some of my friends...who are either tall and muscular or one or the other.

Im at my wits end about it all, when im with my friends i dont care about it but when im alone it gets me down badly at times.

I know it's not just me in this position, i just have no idea what to do....girls in London seem really judgemental from past experiences (being called ugly/getting mugged off for asking them out) so it does not help either.
haha this could be a club! :biggrin:

(not sure why it gets a happy emote, I evidently have my priorities messed up.....:biggrin:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending