Turning 18 in about 1958 would becool bso i could be a hippy :cool:
Reply 21
Mughal Era in India. :adore: :crown:

or

Victorian England :hat2:

:daydreaming:
Reply 22
1990's (which I did live in)

My childhood was immense and something that I cannot put a price on. I would actually pay dumb amounts of money to just have one more day at 9 years old.

I don't think my childhood could be as good as it was in a different era.
The 60s. All my favourite music and films is from then, like the Beatles. And then there's the moon landings and the Space Race. I would have loved to been around for all that.

Either that or live in the future where we can travel between galaxies and be grooving with all them aliens :woo:
Original post by cloop
I was discussing this with my housemates last night.. Interesting to hear everyone's preference!

So there we go, the question is simple; if you could have the choice, which era would you want to live in, and why?

I would LOVE to have been around in Tudor times.. Completely fascinated by it! (My friends think that's mental; They all said the 50s or 60s!)

Free sex era. :rolleyes: Should I explain why? :cool:
Original post by lukejoshjedi
The ambiguous 3rd era in Middle Earth, during The war of the ring

Don't know exactly when it was though, some historians place it at 4 to 5000 years ago

My name is Galdalf, Frodo. Let's violate Sauron.:biggrin:
Just before Prohibition in the USA.

Smart suits, cigarettes, whiskey and great music.
Original post by cloop
I was discussing this with my housemates last night.. Interesting to hear everyone's preference!

So there we go, the question is simple; if you could have the choice, which era would you want to live in, and why?

I would LOVE to have been around in Tudor times.. Completely fascinated by it! (My friends think that's mental; They all said the 50s or 60s!)

There was this historical attraction I went to when I was at primary school called Sulgrave Manor where they let you be a Tudor for a day.....maybe worth a visit? :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Free sex era. :rolleyes: Should I explain why? :cool:

I think we do live in free sex era. :unsure:
1850's New York.
Reply 30
Can I pick the future? Being around when other planets are being explored and colonised would be the best thing ever..
any era ending with BC!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
The future.
Original post by Cold_sky
Can I pick the future? Being around when other planets are being explored and colonised would be the best thing ever..

Mobile Suit Gundam:awesome: expect to ride one when you're in the future:biggrin:
Original post by concubine
God bless people and their naive, idyllic view of the past.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Original post by Picnic1
Living in Rome in the 16th century or so.

You've been playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood right? :teehee:
Reply 36
In Mohammad's (S.A.W) time....
Original post by cloop

Quite happy with this era I'm in actually. Look what we have achieved thus far. Look how easy life is, look at the luxuries we have, computers, tvs, smart phones, annual holidays abroad, studying abroad:wink: etc.... This truly is the best era to live in, at least until the next era.
Reply 38
Later Victorian England
World War II
Late 1960s
Mid to late 1970s

I was born in 1987 but wouldn't mind "being born a little bit earlier" so I could experience the 80s properly. I have some very vague memories of 1988 but nothing worth writing home about.
It does bring joy to one's heart :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending