The Student Room Group

Why can't I get a girflriend? What's wrong with me?

I'm 21, decent looking(not adonis but not terribly ugly either), got a good sense of humour, a bit overweight, loads of interests and a really talkative person once you get to know me though I can be a bit shy and quiet at first. I've just had one proper relationship till now. I am the kind of guy who likes to be in serious relationships(WHICH I THOUGHT GIRLS LIKED) and don't believe in just screwing around.
I see people around me who are complete ********s and who have girlfriends. They treat their girls like **** yet those girls are totally in love with them. I see incredibly ugly and boring guys with girlfriends.
I want somebody to love.

Scroll to see replies

Ha. I know how you feel.
You haven't found the right person yet, but you will mate. You will.
Original post by varunjog
I'm 21, decent looking(not adonis but not terribly ugly either), got a good sense of humour, a bit overweight, loads of interests and a really talkative person once you get to know me though I can be a bit shy and quiet at first. I've just had one proper relationship till now. I am the kind of guy who likes to be in serious relationships(WHICH I THOUGHT GIRLS LIKED) and don't believe in just screwing around.
I see people around me who are complete ********s and who have girlfriends. They treat their girls like **** yet those girls are totally in love with them. I see incredibly ugly and boring guys with girlfriends.
I want somebody to love

Ha, you think you're better than everyone else. What a ****.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous-
Ha, you think you're better than everyone else. What a ****.

not at all..i'm just saying that when there are people like that who have girlfriends, why can't i get one? and yes, i'm not better than everyone else but I am better than some people out there.
You mean you don't send erotic literature to people via personal messaging in the hope of no strings attached sex?

which is what i seem to be getting alot from TSR.

on serious note, just keep waiting, someone nice will come along soon.
Reply 6
Original post by DesignFreak
You mean you don't send erotic literature to people via personal messaging in the hope of no strings attached sex?

which is what i seem to be getting alot from TSR.

on serious note, just keep waiting, someone nice will come along soon.

how do I go about looking for a girlfriend? I've been 'waiting for someone nice to come along' for over a year now.
not at all..i'm just saying that when there are people like that who have girlfriends, why can't i get one? and yes, i'm not better than everyone else but I am better than some people out there.

Looks
Personality
Overweight
Not in the right places
Many more factors
Hang in there.
Reply 9
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Hang in there.

are you interested :P
Try losing some weight, being less of a passive participant and actually ask some girls out?
Reply 11
Are you actually asking girls out?
Reply 12
Original post by HistoryRepeating
Try losing some weight, being less of a passive participant and actually ask some girls out?

it's not like i'm enormous..and weight has nothing to do with it..
are you interested :P

She has a boyfriend

Also knowing her, even if she was single and interested, she wouldnt tell you.

And then if you did somehow end up going out, you'd be lucky if you had sex once every couple of months.

:P
Reply 14
Original post by `R92
Are you actually asking girls out?

I haven't found the right girl to ask out yet.
it's not like i'm enormous..and weight has nothing to do with it..

Its your personality then, sorry.
Reply 16
you just need to know how to sell yourself. getting gf is like going out in market and selling your product, if u are loud and display your products well, ppl will buy them. Same is the case with girls, make yourself approachable and try things to make girls notice you.
You cant just stand in corner and hope for best...go and make things happen for yourself.
Reply 17

if you're interested..this is how i look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_b-th1zmc
Reply 18
I haven't found the right girl to ask out yet.

Well thats your problem then, girls will basically never be the ones to ask you out you have to do it yourself

She has a boyfriend

Also knowing her, even if she was single and interested, she wouldnt tell you.

And then if you did somehow end up going out, you'd be lucky if you had sex once every couple of months.

:P

I am impressed. :congrats:

Soo close, but I've been single for almost a month now. :mmm:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending