The Student Room Group

19, not good looking, never had a girlfriend...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I can have girlfriend sooner the only thing is don't loose your confidence.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 19 (boy) and have never had a girlfriend. I think I'm not really that good looking and for that reason don't even try getting one. In terms of girlfriends I have absolute 0 confidence.

I mean I can't imagine anyone really wanting to be with me because of my looks. My personality is rather positive, but not my look.

What can I do about that?

You sure about that? Jeez dude you don't sell yourself at all well. Get down the gym, get eating decent food, sort out your hair and clothes, spend every single day doing something towards your social life, meeting new people, taking part in clubs and activities etc and build on the relationships you have already within your peer group. Do this consistantly and you will find a girlfriend.
Original post by Formica
These threads are really common, arguably more than any other type of thread, yet there's no article on the student wiki about it? It's clearly an issue affecting a lot of people, but for some reason crushing lonliness isn't considered as much a problem as break-up advice and dealing with long distance relationships. I think it deserves at least as much attention.

This is an amazing suggestion, I totally agree :thumbsup:. I guess someone should start writing that article now, eh? :yep:

OP, I saw a touching documentary recently, about a young man with a facial deformity. His name is Jono Lancaster. He had to grow up with people bullying him over the way he looked, as well as wondering himself if he could ever found love. He found it eventually, and his girlfriend's pretty cute as well :yep:. I guess you just need to have confidence, and be an all round nice guy. Plus, a good body wouldn't go amiss (and that's easier to change than your face) :yep:
This is exactly what I've been trying to deal with for the past week or so, having realised that the girl I like doesn't really have an interest in me.

Today, this morning in fact, I came to a conclusion. You need to mope for a while and be all depressed about it all, but you need to then understand that getting a girlfriend really isn't the best thing in the world. Regardless of what you see and how couples act, chances are that relationships actually make your life worse; arguments, drama, finances, taking on another person's worries...

When it comes down to it, there's only one important person in the world, and that's you. Focus on what you want to do to make yourself happier (other than getting into a relationship) because, let's face it, once you're in one, after about 6 months or a year you'll feel **** again and begin contemplating what you're actually doing with your life and how else you'll be able to find happiness.

With our generation, it seems that the problem of dissatisfaction is more common and apparent than in previous generations. We're just not satisfied whereever we are.
hey maybe that's not so bad after all. lol. there to much hassle. listen just because you think that about yourself does not necessarily have to mean thats what others think. you are 19 right? maybe your good looks will start showing as you get a bit older. and seeing as you never had a girlfriend think of it like this. you meet some girls at a club, and they like you. you tell them that you have never been with a girl sexually before and then that way they will be more attracted to be your first lover. good luck and dont give up. theres someone out there for everyone:smile:
Reply 25
Is this the pathetic man thread?

To all the lads on here there are several things you need to do:

1)Go out more with your friends- go out clubbing, get trashed and find some slags. Remember if you're lonley aim low and you might just go home with a munter ( but its marginally better than being alone)

2) Try reinvent yourself a bit- get some new clothes, different haircut and maybe go to the gym.

3) Extend your circle of friends and well you're bound to come across single people.

Man up, get your balls out of their purse and go have a good time!:smile:
I'm 19 (boy) and have never had a girlfriend. I think I'm not really that good looking and for that reason don't even try getting one. In terms of girlfriends I have absolute 0 confidence.

I mean I can't imagine anyone really wanting to be with me because of my looks. My personality is rather positive, but not my look.

What can I do about that?

I am very good looking and didn't touch a girl until I was 20, because I didn't really care to get involved in all that silly BS of school-age "relationship" drama. Just **** a lot and you won't care.

If you're ugly you might not be able to change it but the good news is that looks count for nothing with a lot of girls, it's all about how you act, which might be modifiable. Also, perhaps you can improve your physique somewhat, which will give you a lot of confidence.
Reply 28
Ermm 5 foot 8 :s (172cm)

There's your problem right there.
Original post by wanderlust.xx
This is exactly what I've been trying to deal with for the past week or so, having realised that the girl I like doesn't really have an interest in me.

I just found out the same thing yesterday, it's depressing the **** out of me and idk what to do.
Original post by m.i.e
There's your problem right there.

i thought 5'8 was average:s-smilie::s-smilie:

im 6ft and always see other men shorter than me. id say 85% of the people i see are shorter than me. surely 5'8 aint that bad?
Reply 31
so a whole thread on what women want... based on the replies, men still don't know what women want!!! Don;t think you do either, 5 foot 8 and thats his problem? I don't think so! Plenty of women date men of that height. Especially petite women, they don't want to date giants!

Reinventing your image will do good, for YOU! Your confidence will be boosted. Its amazing what a new hair cut and clothes can do for someone's self esteem. If you really are depressed about how you look, why not try and hit the gym?
Reply 32
Original post by air-ninety-one
i thought 5'8 was average:s-smilie::s-smilie:

im 6ft and always see other men shorter than me. id say 85% of the people i see are shorter than me. surely 5'8 aint that bad?

5'9" is average.

5'8" isn't that bad, but it's still too short for many women. He still has a slim chance of finding a woman though. If he was 5'7" or shorter then it would pretty much be game over for him.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by m.i.e
5'9" is average.

5'8" isn't that bad, but it's still too short for many women. He still has a slim chance of finding a woman though. If he was 5'7" or shorter then it would pretty much be game over for him.

do women really care about height? ive seen my mate who's up to my chest, he's like 5'4 or sumthin and gets girls, they are all his height but there still girls :s-smilie: (i cant phrase that to make it seem logical) women in general are shorter anyway arent they? or am i just really bad at observin womens and mens heights
Reply 34
hummm professional snowboarder Shaun White is 5' 8... dont think he has women issues? Michael Owen shares this height as well. Seems as though short men CAN be successful!
Reply 35
Original post by misswager
hummm professional snowboarder Shaun White is 5' 8... dont think he has women issues? Michael Owen shares this height as well. Seems as though short men CAN be successful!

Yeah sure, if they're really handsome, rich and/or famous. Being well-endowed helps too, but then he would have to let her know somehow.
But then again, why would any guy want a woman who is only with him because of his wealth or big penis?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
do women really care about height? ive seen my mate who's up to my chest, he's like 5'4 or sumthin and gets girls, they are all his height but there still girls :s-smilie: (i cant phrase that to make it seem logical) women in general are shorter anyway arent they? or am i just really bad at observin womens and mens heights

Height is not a 'deal breaker' chatting to all my mates height isnt a main attribute
Reply 37
do women really care about height?

:lolwut:

Of course they care about height! It's one of the most important things according to women! Check out this forum and other forums, dating sites, surveys, scientific studies etc. They all have confirmed it.

air-ninety-one
ive seen my mate who's up to my chest, he's like 5'4 or sumthin and gets girls, they are all his height but there still girls :s-smilie: (i cant phrase that to make it seem logical) women in general are shorter anyway arent they? or am i just really bad at observin womens and mens heights

How old is he? And there are some men who just get lucky, sort of like when blind chicken find corn.
Original post by m.i.e
:lolwut:

Of course they care about height! It's one of the most important things according to women! Check out this forum and other forums, dating sites, surveys, scientific studies etc. They all have confirmed it.

How old is he? And there are some men who just get lucky, sort of like when blind chicken find corn.

well i had no idea women ever had a problem with mens heights. this is new to me. i havent myself ever had the problem so i thought maybe it wouldnt (and really shouldnt) exist. its not thiier fault if there short. and + arent women way shorter than men in general?
I'm not good looking, I'm average height, I'm more successful than most with women.

If you're just gonna bitch and moan then you don't deserve poon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending