The Student Room Group

Why can't I get a girflriend? What's wrong with me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by CHEETS
thats an odd thing to say as I am an Indian myself (from INDIA...not a British Indian). So you 'racist' excuse is quite redundant.

Being Indian, I can assure you that there are thousands upon thousands of losers like you who think they're the best thing in the world and just expect girls to fall for them all over the place...grow up...get a life...you're at best average.

Obviously your attitude has everything to do with your unpopularity and is probably the reason for you looking twice your age...

I wish you happy singleness for the rest of your life...

oh dear cheets..i don't think i'm perfect at all..infact i'm wondering what I can do to improve myself to get a girlfriend ffs...and apologies for the racist comment
Reply 41
Original post by victor-pp
indian women aren't that outgoing, generally.

No offense, but you could always look up a bride in a newspaper... Problem solved! How much do you earn? :d

hahahahahaha

:biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous-
Well your fat and look almost twice your age.. I do think that will be (and has proven to be) a disadvantage tbh

i'm not fat..check out the other video i've posted...i'm dressed normally in that..that's the difference..
Reply 43
Original post by varunjog
I'm 21, decent looking(not adonis but not terribly ugly either), got a good sense of humour, a bit overweight, loads of interests and a really talkative person once you get to know me though I can be a bit shy and quiet at first. I've just had one proper relationship till now. I am the kind of guy who likes to be in serious relationships(WHICH I THOUGHT GIRLS LIKED) and don't believe in just screwing around.
I see people around me who are complete ********s and who have girlfriends. They treat their girls like **** yet those girls are totally in love with them. I see incredibly ugly and boring guys with girlfriends.
I want somebody to love.

You have nice guy syndrome, a very common phenomenon. It basically means that you have a patronising theory about what the average girl is looking for that is so far off the mark it's untrue, and you then get upset that guys who do have half a clue are much more successful than you.
Reply 44
oh dear cheets..i don't think i'm perfect at all..infact i'm wondering what I can do to improve myself to get a girlfriend ffs...and apologies for the racist comment

lol...dont worry about it

you seem to have your priorities a bit wrong

stop obsessing about having a 'girlfriend' in general, for the sake of having one

Maybe first find a girl, and then consider how to make her your girlfriend...

If she's the right one, she will like you for what you are, you wont have to go changing yourself around for it ...

and p.s. I have a boyfriend, and he is Indian, so I really dont believe that all indian guys are completely hopeless ! I just find that a lot of them have these obsessive girlfriend desires and tend to aim quite high or just way out of their league when it comes to girls...leading to serial rejection and a complete lack of confidence. Dont let this happen to you :smile:
Reply 45
Girls are nothing but trouble. Trust me buddy, once you do get a girlfriend, you'll wonder why you were so keen to get one in the first instance.
why are you posting videos of yourself singing? Sounds like you re actually being a bit too picky! You havent found the right woman to ask out? How do you know what you like if you dont date? Stop being picky and start dating.... and stop posting videos of yourself
Reply 47
Original post by py0alb
You have nice guy syndrome, a very common phenomenon. It basically means that you have a patronising theory about what the average girl is looking for that is so far off the mark it's untrue, and you then get upset that guys who do have half a clue are much more successful than you.

this is very true indeed !
Reply 48
Original post by Dekota-XS
Girls are nothing but trouble. Trust me buddy, once you do get a girlfriend, you'll wonder why you were so keen to get one in the first instance.

i've had one and she was the best thing that ever happened to me..
Original post by DesignFreak
You mean you don't send erotic literature to people via personal messaging in the hope of no strings attached sex?

which is what i seem to be getting alot from TSR.

:eek: I got this too, but it was from a different member :rofl:

OP, word for word, you pretty much sound just like me. I can't really advise you that well since I do have the same problem. But I'd suggest just being content with being single for now, and maybe try new things and increase your chances of meeting new people. Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 50
i've had one and she was the best thing that ever happened to me..

I'm surprised you're still deluded by the idea of 'Love' at your age. Granted that being indian doesn't help in that respect but independence is also a thing buddy. You need to be independent.

You're not happy in yourself, you have yet to find your feet and you're looking for happiness through another person ... it's not the way to go.
I'm 21 (so have no money), comonplace( not adonis but not terribly ugly either), got a good sense of humour, fat, loads of interests and a really pushy person once you get to know me though I can be a bit geeky at first. I've just had one proper relationship till now. I am the kind of guy who likes to be in serious relationships(WHICH I THOUGHT GIRLS LIKED) and don't believe in just screwing around.
I see people around me who are complete ********s and who have girlfriends. They treat their girls like **** yet those girls are totally in love with them. I see incredibly ugly and boring guys with girlfriends.
I want somebody to love.

Fixed!

In all seriousness you have absolutely nothing about you, you're just the average 21 year old. Where girls are at that age they either want good prospects or want to have fun - you don't sound attractive or outgoing enough for a girl to let lose with, and you don't appear to be rich, clever, or set up enough for a girl to use you to get her where she wants to go.

It's in your own hands, go look at an abercrombie poster, if you get the body of a model in their you'll be able to have your pick, look at Clifford Chance's partners - if you get into that position you'll be able to have your pick.

It;s very much a sellers market when you don't have anything to sell!
Don't look at you being single as an indication of your worthiness. I understand how you feel, but having a girlfriend isn't everything.

If you're looking for the right girl at the moment, then maybe you need to lower your standards a little. I'm not saying get it on with the first slag you see in a pub, I'm saying be open to possibilities! I'm one of those people who believes that you have to go through a bunch of ****ty relationships, some decent ones and at least one major heartbreak before finding the right person. After all that crap, then you'll be able to appreciate that one special person.

Just be open and willing, don't be passive and people will come to you.
Reply 53
Self-centred, false sense of maturity, high emotional threshold, probably pathetic wimpy way of relating to women. No, girls our age don't like relationships; they will convince themselves they do if they think you're hot, though.
Reply 54
Maybe because you're the kinda guy who posts "why can't I get a girlfriend?" on an online forum...?
Well this could be the place to look. by the way if you want my advice then look in the mirror and that may shed some light as to why you cant get a girlfriend.
Reply 56
Original post by DesignFreak
You mean you don't send erotic literature to people via personal messaging in the hope of no strings attached sex?

which is what i seem to be getting alot from TSR.

on serious note, just keep waiting, someone nice will come along soon.

Obviously due to the nature of your message I was not going to send you a PM, but that made me laugh. What do they do? Scan a copy of mills and boon and send it to you in PM.

lol, I think that is a slightly optimistic way of getting a girl.
Original post by LondonKev
Obviously due to the nature of your message I was not going to send you a PM, but that made me laugh. What do they do? Scan a copy of mills and boon and send it to you in PM.

lol, I think that is a slightly optimistic way of getting a girl.

I PM'd you, it deserves to be seen.
OP, I don't want to hurt your feelings but you are simply not as attractive as you think.
Girls don't really want serious relationships at a young age. It's an illusion.
Reply 59
I'm sorry you've got such poor responses on here, seems to be the nature of tsr(people taking the opportunity to belittle people). You seem like a perfectly nice guy, I actually think you sound quite decent in your video as well. The problem might be that you don't make an effort to get yourself noticed by girls and also you may not be confident enough to approach them or flirt/show an interest in them romantically. You should also make an effort to get to know more girls, the more you talk to the more likely it is you will find what you're looking for. So the advice I'll give you is to maybe make more effort to dress up, be more confident with girls, make an effort to get to know more girls. Niceness is a good quality, but if you are nice with no confidence people will tend to look over you or ignore you. You just need to have more confidence!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending