The Student Room Group

Women in their 20s now outearn men

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/women-in-their-twenties-smash-glass-ceiling-to-reverse-pay-gap-2154836.html

Independent

According to the Office for National Statistics, women aged 22 to 29 now earn 1.7 per cent more than men in full-time work. Last year men in their twenties earned slightly more 0.7 per cent.

So before they take time out of work to have children, women actually out earn men. Are the feminists going to campaign to put an end to this sexism? :smile:

Edit: Should women now pay for dates?
(edited 13 years ago)
If I'm not mistaken, there are more females in higher education though?
Reply 2
Okay then.

I think the perception that women get paid less than men because they're women in this country, in this century, is a load of bull**** anyway, always have.
still not enough for Harriet Harsperson.
Reply 4
this will create social problems in the future because it is very common these days that career women do not want children or have families, many also do not even get married. with these statistics it means basically we will have an aging population with very few births, and the few births we have will be from the low-IQ chavs who have 8 kids each, and that will only negatively effect our gene pool and take us a step back evolutionary speaking.

it might be nice right now, but will it be nice in 70 years time? no not really.
Original post by Blueflare

Original post by Doublereedfreak
If I'm not mistaken, there are more females in higher education though?

Yes, I believe that's the main reason for this change. There was a similar change in America recently too, but theirs is a lot bigger

"in 2008, single & childless young women-- between the ages of 22 and 30-- out-earned their male peers by 8 percent. The findings came from New York-based consumer research firm Reach Advisors, who conducted an analysis of Census data."

http://www.justmeans.com/-Income-Gender-Gap-One-Closes-While-Another-Grows/38524.html

Original post by Blueflare
Okay then.

I think the perception that women get paid less than men because they're women in this country, in this century, is a load of bull**** anyway, always have.

I agree with you... There are a lot of reasons for gender pay differences. E.g., women taking time out to look after children, men and women pursuing different types of careers, men working more overtime and thus being more considered for promotions, etc. They don't require some sort of evil male conspiracy against women

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending