The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ritchie888
Just downloaded this. EPIC.

Would have been well handy (and impressive) if I had it for my presentation the other day.

Yeah it's pretty amazing, one of the cool and handy apps out there :cool:
Original post by G8D
No it isn't.

That's what I thought, wasn't too sure :redface:
Reply 2722
The Nexus S actually has my attention, though Engadget's review will be interesting to see if the OS really appeals to me with the look and feel.
Original post by JonCha

Original post by JonCha
The Nexus S actually has my attention, though Engadget's review will be interesting to see if the OS really appeals to me with the look and feel.

I'll be interested in their thoughts as to whether 16GB is enough storage room
Reply 2724
Original post by wizard710
I'll be interested in their thoughts as to whether 16GB is enough storage room

I guess that will be completely dependant on the individual
Original post by JonCha

Original post by JonCha

Engadget will give the Nexus S a mediocre review and will nit pick. They tend to be bias against non apple products unfortunately.
Reply 2726
Original post by yoyo462001
Engadget will give the Nexus S a mediocre review and will nit pick. They tend to be bias against non apple products unfortunately.

Rubbish. They gave the EVO a 9!
Original post by JonCha

Original post by JonCha
Rubbish. They gave the EVO a 9!

:colonhash:

I thought gizmodo were the apple bummers
Original post by Installation

Original post by Installation
I thought gizmodo were the apple bummers

I don't even read their site. I do like engadget just sometimes they try and pick out so many flaws with other devices, flaws which you think :lolwut:. e.g. if you read the Desire HD review they were quite negative and annoying, trying to pick up on as much little things as possible. It didn't help that they were Android noobs i.e they used task killers on the DHD.
I don't even read their site. I do like engadget just sometimes they try and pick out so many flaws with other devices, flaws which you think :lolwut:. e.g. if you read the Desire HD review they were quite negative and annoying, trying to pick up on as much little things as possible. It didn't help that they were Android noobs i.e they used task killers on the DHD.

I just find their reviews in depth tbh. If they mention a problem that I don't agree with then I can just discount that, gizmodo I don't bother with now either.

I do agree that they like to nitpick
Reply 2732
What's the problem with being critical? It's better than dosing out super-generous scores like ElectricPig do. At least when a phone does get a high score it means something; they haven't given a phone a ten for a reason.
Reply 2733
I don't actually think I've had a worse day with my phone than today :sigh: Had to revert back to RFS for the file system to update the kernel and I ended up not being able to get rid of it! Thankfully I managed it now though....

On that point I wonder if the Nexus S will have RFS as it's file system or maybe Samsung cottoned on to the fact that it just fails :rolleyes:
Original post by JonCha

Original post by JonCha
What's the problem with being critical? It's better than dosing out super-generous scores like ElectricPig do. At least when a phone does get a high score it means something; they haven't given a phone a ten for a reason.

To be honest I do still read it but coming up with trivial things like, the keyboard doesn't have a comma button is annoying, and it starts to feel like the reviewer is just nagging at everything.

On a side note: My DHD lasted 18 hours (went to about 13%) with a day of moderately heavy usage. Browsed the net quite a lot, downloaded lots of apps over the air, played a few games and listened to lots of music, not to mention all my widgets syncing (though not on auto sync).

Also the screen is nothing like what I thought and read on some reviews. I have no washed out colours. The colours and viewing angles are amazing, maybe I got the better screens :dontknow:. Since HTC use two manufacturers to make the DHD screens.
Anyone could get washed out screens... One of my friend's screen was bleeding so he got it changed - it just depends on the handset you get. This is what quality assurance is for!

Engadget do the nit picking to everything tbh. Also it depends on the reviewer. They're meant to be impartial but some of them aren't. :smile:

Edit: And also if they gave a 10/10 to any product, what they're essentially saying is that the product is perfect, when in fact irl no product is ever perfect.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
Anyone could get washed out screens... One of my friend's screen was bleeding so he got it changed - it just depends on the handset you get. This is what quality assurance is for!

Engadget do the nit picking to everything tbh. Also it depends on the reviewer. They're meant to be impartial but some of them aren't. :smile:

Edit: And also if they gave a 10/10 to any product, what they're essentially saying is that the product is perfect, when in fact irl no product is ever perfect.

Surely we take that into account if we do give a product 10/10.
3rd of Feb is when I can upgrade... I'm looking forward to seeing what's out by then.
Original post by mikeyd85

Original post by mikeyd85
3rd of Feb is when I can upgrade... I'm looking forward to seeing what's out by then.

Engadget is reporting that the PSPhone is not benchmarking as good as other phones http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/09/exclusive-playstation-phone-zeus-z1-prototype-benchmarked-on/
Original post by wizard710
Engadget is reporting that the PSPhone is not benchmarking as good as other phones http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/09/exclusive-playstation-phone-zeus-z1-prototype-benchmarked-on/

Yeah, I saw that, though I'd expect they've got a lot of work to go before the software is finalised. Either way, it's too big for me to consider.

Latest

Trending

Trending