The Student Room Group

Who's still not completed their application?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom Wigan
Just me then? :frown:

Other people are in the same boat most of the people in my class are still thinking about it, unfortunately for them they only have less than a month left until the 15 January 2011 deadline...and they haven't even started their personal statement yet! My friend wants to go, not knowing that she has bad grades, D-F I've got similar grades but for my English I've got Key Skills at Level 2.

Anyway I have finished my UCAS application and its ready to be sent for references to be entered by my tutor :redface: But the thing is I am doubting that I will get offers from all of my 5 choices. :frown: My personal statement is OK but its not too great I don't think, but oh well, I'll guess that I have to wait and see...:s-smilie:
Reply 21
I'm ready for it to be sent (and want it sent) but my teacher is being slow about my reference and finalising my application. Saying that, only about half my year have theirs sent. I just wanna know what happens! :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by JoshCurran
I'm ready for it to be sent (and want it sent) but my teacher is being slow about my reference and finalising my application. Saying that, only about half my year have theirs sent. I just wanna know what happens! :frown:

Im in the same situation, i have finished my application and got my personal statement ready to be sent off but my tutor is taking a while doing my reference, i realise that she is very busy but i am gettin worried as everyone seem to have sent theres and even had interviews already :s-smilie: x
Not sent off yet, my personal statement is done, I could send it off, i just need to ask my tutor whether i should put module marks in or not.
Reply 24
i still haven't sent mine of yet, but it should go in the next few days i hope. but i am really worried as others have had replies already.
Reply 25
So far it's taken my tutor about 6 weeks to write my reference .. so my application may never be sent.
I'm so jealous of everyone gettin offers already.
do you stand a worse chance of getting into your choices, if you send off your application later, ie in the new year
Reply 27
I just sent mine away last week. So glad that it's out of the way. :smile: There's no panic to do it, only 3 out of 106 in my year have sent it away.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by The_TSR_Dunce
do you stand a worse chance of getting into your choices, if you send off your application later, ie in the new year

It shouldn't, everyone should be treated equally, not first come, first served. However since people are recieving offers, spaces are gettting filled up so perhaps it is better just to get it sent away. You face no advantage sending it away early but you may be disadvantaged not sending it away early, or something like that.... :smile:
Reply 29
I've just finished what I needed to do and have payed :smile: Just need to wait for the reference to be done and I can send it off. Hopefully before the xmas holidays!:biggrin:
Original post by N.Amy
I've just finished what I needed to do and have payed :smile: Just need to wait for the reference to be done and I can send it off. Hopefully before the xmas holidays!:biggrin:

Paid*

I'd consider looking over your personal statement and application for poor grammar and spelling before you do anything else. On the other hand, well done for completing everything. Just make sure you keep asking your teacher if she's done with the reference, they tend to get lazy.
Reply 31
Original post by pinda.college
Paid*

I'd consider looking over your personal statement and application for poor grammar and spelling before you do anything else. On the other hand, well done for completing everything. Just make sure you keep asking your teacher if she's done with the reference, they tend to get lazy.

D: I didnt even notice that!! I've checked over my personal statement countless times but I think I'll check it again just in case ^^ My teacher said she would do it over the weekend so I hope she has :biggrin: I'll ask her tomorrow :tongue:
Reply 32
I still haven't even started writing my personal statement :colondollar: Also my employer is in hospital, so I haven't got a clue what I'm going to do for a reference :s-smilie:
Reply 33
Original post by N.Amy
D: I didnt even notice that!! I've checked over my personal statement countless times but I think I'll check it again just in case ^^ My teacher said she would do it over the weekend so I hope she has :biggrin: I'll ask her tomorrow :tongue:

Definetely do that. I found some stupid mistakes on mine, just before I was about to send it off.
Original post by somewhat.fanciful
hopefully
but i'm getting one of my ex-teachers to do my reference, so it's not really a priority for him

This. I have been ready to send mine for weeks but I still haven't received my reference yet. The university I'm (hopefully) transferring to says it won't make any difference when they receive my form, but they said "for your peace of mind I'm guessing you want it sent as soon as you can."

Well I was ready in October, still chasing after my old school though. God how I detested that dump. Their powers of organisation still the same, I see. :colonhash:
Reply 35
Original post by TWF
Definetely do that. I found some stupid mistakes on mine, just before I was about to send it off.

I've just checked over it again ^^. I'm pretty sure it's as correct as can be :smile:
Reply 36
I'm indescribably pissed off at my college. I am wanting to do a mental health nursing diploma next year and am currently studying health and social care level 3, but last year I ****ed up because of fighting depression and personal issues outside of college and only got Ps and Ms in my first set of units, which is obviously really bad. This year when applying for UCAS my college has basically made it as difficult as possible and its not helping my already weak application, I wish I had applied independently. My form tutor was replaced by some inadequate, technologically illiterate idiot who was no help at all with applying or checking my personal statement, which happens to be awesome :wink:. I busted a gut in October trying to finish my application with minimal help, before half term and it cost me a unit of work that I am still catching up on and paying for, and my application is still waiting to be sent to UCAS, no one at my college is even dealing with me. I just keep getting told its fine and it'll all get sorted. I just know I'll get 5 rejections and my college won't even care. I feel like no one is taking my application seriously or offering advice, I don't even know anything about the universities I have applied for other than my two first choices. On one hand I want nothing but to be at university and on my way to becoming a mental health nurse, another part of me is just completely apathetic about the whole thing and the fact that my college havent sent off my application isnt helping.
Reply 37
Quite a few of my friends hasn't send theirs off but they're a minority at my school. Around 90% who are applying to the uk have already sent their application off. One of them hasn't even started their personal statement..
I could send it off anytime, but im not sure about my PS.
Im worried i wont get any offer if my PS is crap!!This is really stressing me out.
And im also having a hard time about my uni choices.
Original post by MarkRennie
It shouldn't, everyone should be treated equally, not first come, first served. However since people are recieving offers, spaces are gettting filled up so perhaps it is better just to get it sent away. You face no advantage sending it away early but you may be disadvantaged not sending it away early, or something like that.... :smile:

Minerva will back this up, there is no disadvantage in applying "late" as long as you get your application in before the Jan 15th deadline.

Reading Exeter's admissions policy (as an example), they will make offers to really good candidates before then, and reject "bad" ones, but they will reserve sufficient places for the rest of the applicants until after the deadline has passed, to ensure everyone gets fair consideration.

This also means if you have applied but not heard anything yet, you are likely to be in the "middle" group and you probably won't hear anything until after Jan 15.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending