The Student Room Group

end of term-itis?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Why do you guys skip lectures?
Correct me if im wrong but, don't you get kicked out if you missed 2-3 lectures?

No, attendance isn't even registered at lectures. In one of my side subjects I haven't been since week 1, they don't care.
I go to pretty much all of my lectures except my favourite subject. i usually find it productive to skip teh lecture and head to the library to read more about it because the rest of my life is too packed with extra c's to do it other wise.

Ahh . I wish.
Reply 22
Im not beeing funny, but talk about a need to remove you finger!

Yes its cold, yes its christmas at the end of the month, no essays arnt awesome fun. But for real?

Youve written an essay, but you carnt actaully be ars ed to hand it in? Im sorry, but in the five years I was at uni i never got this. Im not a model student, im not a kiss-ass 100% attendance 1.1 student, but i went to almost all of my 22hours per week contact time throughout the course, and if i had finished an essay, even if not very well, i got myself down to the pigeion holes and posted it in. If nothing else, i personally fine, if feels pretty dam good!!

Then you an go home for christmas on a high and have a cracking month off, know that once you have gradauted as i recently have done, you can wave good bye to month long uni vac's and step into the real world.
Ok, its a bit quite just now, and im on TSR 5 minutes before lunch offically kicks in, but this time in two weeks, i'll still be here, working upto christmas proir to my 9days off.

Daniel
I break up next Friday but unfortunately I can't even think about slowing down yet. Next week I have two exams back-to-back on Wednesday, then another exam on the Friday, and a coursework deadline on the Friday as well. I'm being truly wild and skipping my Child Language Acquisition module review lecture and tutorial after Friday's Logic and Meaning exam. I can't be bothered anymore though, especially as all my friends seem to finish today or finished last week :frown: OH UCL, WHAT ARE YOU LIKE
Inflammation of the end-of-term? :lolwut:
that'd be more extreme if you had three essays a week and couldn't afford to not be on your toes.

just chill, it's christmas.
Reply 26
Original post by Quail
I break up next Friday but unfortunately I can't even think about slowing down yet. Next week I have two exams back-to-back on Wednesday, then another exam on the Friday, and a coursework deadline on the Friday as well. I'm being truly wild and skipping my Child Language Acquisition module review lecture and tutorial after Friday's Logic and Meaning exam. I can't be bothered anymore though, especially as all my friends seem to finish today or finished last week :frown: OH UCL, WHAT ARE YOU LIKE

This :frown:

why am I on TSR instead of doing syntax? :eek3:
I don't have time to be lazy, I have 2 assignments to hand in next week, one due in the first day I get back in January and apparently my assistantship form has to be completely done by next wednesday and I haven't figured out where I wanna go yet so BLEH! No xmas fun for me.
Original post by -Invidious-
Did you neg rep me?

Wether I'm on my high horse of not, the fact still remains the same.

And no I didn't neg rep you.
Definitely - after reading week for the first two weeks I went to all my lectures.
Then there was 3 weeks left and I was really unmotivated - missed all my social psychology lectures for the last 3 weeks (but one was actually cancelled) and missed a workshop which I felt kind of bad about. I also missed the last day of lectures because I was really, really ill which is not like me so missed both my lectures on the last day. I was gutted about this tbh because it was like the last time I would see everybody so I ended up leaving uni without saying goodbye to everyone properly :frown:

For some of them I just couldnt be bothered at all though. Hoping that I will be bothered next semester!
Meh, can't wait to go home for the hols, and I have been skipping some lectures etc, but in my case, it's due to lack of sleep - so if I went in, I wouldn't actually absorb/contribute anyways :tongue:

I'm fairly bad at actually turning up to contact hours, but I manage with the whole, but I get to see my mates idea, which makes me brave the bloody cold :smile:
Correct me if im wrong but, don't you get kicked out if you missed 2-3 lectures?

For tutorials, yes. For lectures, no. Your attendance usually isn't monitored for lectures.
Reply 32

I attended about 30% of my course for the first two years and haven't been kicked out. Since I tend to buck up my attendance at random points in the term, ignore threatening letters and get a smattering of firsts in assessed essays and exams they don't seem to, uh, mind all that much.

This year's my final year so I've got my attendance up to about 80, 85%. Whoop.
Reply 33
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
:lolwut:

People like you really need to get out of the higher education system.

Enjoy your third-class honours.

If you even graduate.

Hm maybe uni seriously isn't for me, I don't disagree with you there!
But i'd like to just add, in my assignments this term I've received a high 2:1 and two first classes....so I can assure you I will have no problems in graduating.
Original post by kooboo71
Hm maybe uni seriously isn't for me, I don't disagree with you there!
But i'd like to just add, in my assignments this term I've received a high 2:1 and two first classes....so I can assure you I will have no problems in graduating.

What kind of subject are you doing that you can get first class results and not even attend? :lolwut:
Reply 35
What kind of subject are you doing that you can get first class results and not even attend? :lolwut:

Lol it's a humanities subject so doing your own reading is the important thing. Still i understand its just my laziness at fault and i should really attend more often, but tbh it's just been the last week or so that it's been this bad. That's why the title of the thread refers to the end of term and not in general! (making myself feel better here!):colondollar:
Reply 36
All these people that don't get their attendance checked for lectures are so lucky! If we fall below 80% attendance our marks get capped at 40% :nopity:
Original post by KNOB-head
ive only been in to uni once this whole term.

Haha epic. You've even out-done me. I haven't been to lectures in the last 5 weeks. But the complusory practical stuff I have attended.

Err...how will they know exactly? We have like one registrated lecture a term, and most of the time it's marked on the timetable.

:lolwut:

People like you really need to get out of the higher education system.

Enjoy your third-class honours.

If you even graduate.

Let me see...I've probably got around 20% attendance, and guess what....I'm still on a 1st. Not a single mark under 78%, most being in the 80's.
Hope you guys don't complain when you get 2:1/2:2. Nothing wrong with a 2:1 but we can all do better.
Reply 39

They don't take attendance at lectures because of the sheer amount so it would probably be hard to tell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending