The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ragaa
depends on the course and subject.
For instance if it is medicine, that would be a rejection.

And what about Economics L100 ?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1721
Original post by shubham_ag
And what about Economics L100 ?

it is too a competitve course.
try calling them and asking what would happen if you dn't meet it.
dnt give ur details though. :biggrin:
Original post by ragaa
it is too a competitve course.
try calling them and asking what would happen if you dn't meet it.
dnt give ur details though. :biggrin:

Should I send them a mail and ask them what will happen if I miss the offer by a whisker??
Original post by monkeyDace
Did you had an interview?? I applied to biochemistry too and I haven't heard anything back after sending the survey.

No, I live in Sweden and they don't expect those residing abroad to come for an interview. :smile:
Should I send them a mail and ask them what will happen if I miss the offer by a whisker??

Its unfair on other students if they let you in without you actually meeting the offer, I can only see it as being acceptable to argue about it if you had circumstances while you took your exams, like you were in hospital for a while beforehand or something (though that happened to me at AS and I still got straight As in the exams). Be grateful you got an offer and work hard towards it if you want to go to an amazing university like UCL, otherwise you don't deserve the place.
Reply 1725

Original post by KatieRhiannon
Its unfair on other students if they let you in without you actually meeting the offer, I can only see it as being acceptable to argue about it if you had circumstances while you took your exams, like you were in hospital for a while beforehand or something (though that happened to me at AS and I still got straight As in the exams). Be grateful you got an offer and work hard towards it if you want to go to an amazing university like UCL, otherwise you don't deserve the place.

agree with you.

Work hard!!!
rejected for biomed:frown:
unsuccessful for Law :frown: :frown: I am so upset :frown:
Original post by ThatKirstyGirl
Ahh, where else have you applied?
Heard anything? :P
Good luck to you too! :colondollar:

LSE
Oxford
Nottingham
Bristol

got an email today, unsuccessful for UCL :frown:
unsuccessful for Oxford too :frown:
I believe it was the LNAT. I feel awful

got a conditional for LSE though :smile:

heard anything today?
Reply 1729
Has anyone got an offer for history after the questionnaire ??
Reply 1730
Original post by monkeyDace
Did you had an interview?? I applied to biochemistry too and I haven't heard anything back after sending the survey.

I sent off my Biochem survey about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet either :frown:. When did you send yours off?
Original post by ragaa
agree with you.

Work hard!!!

Getting 70% in DU is like topping among the 1000 students who study Eco hons in Delhi each year. Hell, hardly 50 manage 60%. 70% is freakishly impossible.
Reply 1732
Anyone applied for maths/maths with modern languages? I have an A*AA offer for the latter :biggrin:

Also, is it rare to get accepted without an interview? They didn't call me for one (I'm quite glad really, because I live a few hours away from London.)
Reply 1733
From twitter :

UCL Occupation ends this afternoon after further talks. UCL will not be pursuing costs incurred.

S'all good for ppl who are taking a gap year :smile:
Got an interview for Human Sciences!!! :biggrin:
Has anyone else applying for Human Sciences heard anything back yet? :confused:
Original post by mazvsmozilla
Got an interview for Human Sciences!!! :biggrin:
Has anyone else applying for Human Sciences heard anything back yet? :confused:

I had my interview on the 24th of November, and got a letter of recommendation the week after. I did apply a fair while before the Oxford deadline, when did you apply?
Reply 1736
hello!
has anyone heard anything for classics Q800 since sending off the questionnaire?
i know they said they wouldnt give out offers until the end of march, but i thought perhaps they might hold an open day / interviews?
Reply 1737

Urgh you know what? Stop bugging around. The reason you've been made that offer, I think, is that it is equivalent to an A (or A*) in A-levels. At least that's what they think. Now stop whining on 'what if' and focus on 'what to do'. Jeezz you've been quite annoying since your first inquiry.
Username: There will be Particles
Course: Biochemistry
Planned Entry: 2011

I've got an interview/open day for late Jan/early Feb 2011, hope it goes well.
Original post by manthew
Urgh you know what? Stop bugging around. The reason you've been made that offer, I think, is that it is equivalent to an A (or A*) in A-levels. At least that's what they think. Now stop whining on 'what if' and focus on 'what to do'. Jeezz you've been quite annoying since your first inquiry.

Sorry. :frown:

I know I am being bugging. I read all my posts and got irritated at myself, lol. :redface:
Yes, you are right. No more stupid what if's. Exams in May. I got 5 months. :biggrin:

UCL, Here I comeeeeeeeeeeee!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending