The Student Room Group

The big wikileaks thread

Scroll to see replies

Let me guess, without reading, this thread has lefty British students saying well done Wikileaks, and Americans calling for Assange to be assasinated?

Don't know why they are worried. I was yawning with boredom over what I read, couldn't even be bothered to finish it, so what's the big deal?
(edited 13 years ago)
So obvious the allegations about the guy are a rather large 'coincidence'. The authorities are so arrogant nowadays they don't even try and be subtle.
Reply 522
the fact that most people believe Julian Assange has a lot to do with these leaks is laughable. He is merely the figurehead, the spokesman, the P.R manager.

He does not run wikileaks, we know very little about the people who do. Arresting/assassinating Assange will do very little to harm the operation of wikileaks, the only difference would be that a new spokesman would be appointed.

You can not credit Assange with everything wikileaks is doing, he is just a cog in the machine.
Reply 523
Original post by MoanyLisa
:ninja: :rofl:

A quick question for any of you computer geeks out there.

How is it that The Jester is able to take down Wikileaks and those jihadist websites independently, but Anonymous need a large group of people? :dontknow:
I know very very ittle about computers

If hes quite hardcore he could have a massive botnet that hes builtup

Shhhhhhhhhhhiieeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!

But how can they prove he spied on them when he received the information?
Reply 525
Original post by Aj12
If hes quite hardcore he could have a massive botnet that hes builtup

I highly doubt it anyway, the Jester guy seems like a fake, somebody who is just trying to credit for someone else's work.
Reply 527
WikiLeaks: Burma 'building nuclear site with North Korea's help'

Burma is building secret nuclear and missile sites deep in the jungle with North Korea's help, according to witnesses in the country cited in US diplomatic cables.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8193002/WikiLeaks-Burma-building-nuclear-site-with-North-Koreas-help.html

WTF, this is crazy !

Zimbabwe's 'Blood Diamonds' exposed by Wikileaks cable
Wikileak cables from the US embassy in Zimbabwe allege that President Robert Mugabe's family and the central bank governor are directly involved in the illegal smuggling of diamonds from the Marange fields, the world's richest concentration of alluvial gems and the scene of mass slaughter.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/mining/8192700/Zimbabwes-Blood-Diamonds-exposed-by-Wikileaks-cable.html
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 528
Original post by MoanyLisa
"Former WikiLeaks supporters at odds with founder Julian Assange will..."

I wonder why.

Could mean anything really:

1) Trying to gain personal recognition thats why they names their group alongside 'leaks'

2) If Wikileaks is put out of business and J.Assange himself is sent to prison or killed then perhaps another platform for it to carry on.

3) For others to follow in the same steps as them...

:holmes:
Though he appears to have committed no crime in the States, the administration is under enormous pressure to find some way of punishing the Australian for unleashing a stream of diplomatic embarrassments on to the internet.

i guess they REALLY dont want some other stuff getting out :P
Reply 530
Original post by Stefan1991
the fact that most people believe Julian Assange has a lot to do with these leaks is laughable. He is merely the figurehead, the spokesman, the P.R manager.

He does not run wikileaks, we know very little about the people who do. Arresting/assassinating Assange will do very little to harm the operation of wikileaks, the only difference would be that a new spokesman would be appointed.

You can not credit Assange with everything wikileaks is doing, he is just a cog in the machine.

I think we all realise this. None the less, he is the martyr.
Reply 531
hough he appears to have committed no crime in the States, the administration is under enormous pressure to find some way of punishing the Australian for unleashing a stream of diplomatic embarrassments on to the internet.

I swear the Americans are desperate to make LOIC the biggest botnet in internet history or something :\

The Americans are so drugged by their own press its becoming questionable if they even appreciate the retaliation from the rest of the world for touching Assange.
Reply 532
guise i just had a thought: what if the insurance file contains info about 9/11 being an inside job by the us gov?

i am still hoping it's about aliens, but this would suffice. thoughts?
Reply 533
Original post by Stefan1991

http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/wikileaks-daily-chaos-reigns-assange-denied-bail-120810
Original post by Broderss
guise i just had a thought: what if the insurance file contains info about 9/11 being an inside job by the us gov?

aliens would be brilliant. although what with all the negative press around aliens these days i would feel sorry for them. maybe they just want cake? :tongue:
Anyone who's claiming that the people who DDoS these websites are hackers are being ridiculous. They are nothing more than mere packet kiddies.
I mean, one of them was a 16 year old dutch boy from Holland ffs.
Reply 537
"Daytime telly: Assange is forced to spend his days watching shows such as Loose Women."

:ahee:

Original post by Broderss

What file is this?
Chuck Bartowski

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending