The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

There has barely been a flake here this whole bloody time. South coast FTL
Original post by (:Becca(:
I couldn't go to school today because of snow, there was a car crash at the roundabout near where I live and no traffic was moving.
I hope we don't get another winter like last year. -_-

It should stay like this for another say 3-4 years, which is good because it makes some epic ice climbing routes, but bad because the UK as a whole doesn't know how to deal with snow and ice and ends up in chaos.

It's part of the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO), which occurs roughly every 20-30 years, and lasts for around 4-5 years. This is probably why your parents say, "We used to have snow like this all the time when we were kids" - it's because they did :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Atlantic_oscillation#Winter_of_2009-10_in_Europe
Reply 622
1 Britain can't cope with snow
2 British snow is 9 out of 10 times is slush once you go a bit south...
3 I hate snow in UK - I live 1 bus + 1 train + 1 20 min walk from college...
Did you even see a real snow to say such things about it ...

some nostalgic for me photos....

Theirs no snow in london any more for ages now
Original post by Prof Fido
There has barely been a flake here this whole bloody time. South coast FTL

I live on the south coast and whilst ours has mostly melted there was about 6 inches this time last week :yes:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
I live on the south coast and whilst ours has mostly melted there was about 6 inches this time last week :yes:

Heard their will be snow next weekend :biggrin:
Original post by blueray
Heard their will be snow next weekend :biggrin:

I don't trust the weatherman. We were meant to get snow everyday for a week, they finally say we won't an two days later we have more snow than we've had in 20 years and they didn't forecast it :p:

Oh, i'm mad jealous. We had all the cold and yet no snow... FAIL
Ugh, icy pavements suck :colonhash:

Still, all hail wellies, they work pretty damn well!
I don't trust the weatherman. We were meant to get snow everyday for a week, they finally say we won't an two days later we have more snow than we've had in 20 years and they didn't forecast it :p:

Hello penguin! That moving avatar is so cool! I should give you rep just for that alone :biggrin: ps what country are you talking about is it the uk or us im getting confused? :eek:
Reply 630
The winters on the west coast of Norway suck, haha.

That snow lasted for about 24 hours. It has all rained away now.
All the snow has been washed away by rain in North East Scotland!- Hooray!! I couldn't be more happy!! :smile:- the first time that rainfall will be openly welcomed!! I can see grass and trees and the countryside landscape again!

Why the neg rep? Because I hate snow..... I am not the only one? Is someone out to get me?
(edited 13 years ago)
Yes it will snow again soon next week !
Reply 633
Where's the source saying more snow's expected next week? I can't find anything!
Original post by blueray
Hello penguin! That moving avatar is so cool! I should give you rep just for that alone :biggrin: ps what country are you talking about is it the uk or us im getting confused? :eek:

The UK...
Reply 635
Original post by thecdon
Where's the source saying more snow's expected next week? I can't find anything!

It's forecast for London and South East at least (I haven't looked at other regions) http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_weather.html (from day 3 to 5, and also mentioned under 6-15 and 16-30)
(edited 13 years ago)
The UK...

How come you have a moving avatar and some people have bigger avatars than others? :biggrin:
Reply 637
Looks like more snow for the South-West Thursday onwards..it's rubbish not being able to get anywhere!
Reply 638
Even if it doesn't snow very often in the part I live, nothing closes down when it snows. Which is good. Though I would have liked snow days, heh.
Original post by mxcs
Looks like more snow for the South-West Thursday onwards..it's rubbish not being able to get anywhere!

Yep and I have loads of plans thursday-tuesday :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending