The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Is Reading Uni anyone elses firm choice?

It is mine! Hope to see fellow firmers next year :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go Reading!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by FTstudies
Go Reading!

I am :wink: I can't help but notice not many people from TSR apply to Reading though :tongue:
Original post by calannra

Well I've applied, but I wouldn't say it's my firm. However, that depends on what offers I get (oh, and grades of course).

Have you already received an offer from them? What did you apply for?
Reply 4
Original post by miff-meista
Well I've applied, but I wouldn't say it's my firm. However, that depends on what offers I get (oh, and grades of course).

Have you already received an offer from them? What did you apply for?

Yes I have put it as my firm choice. My offer is to achieve grade A in sociology or psychology as I already have AB in Law and Biology :smile:

Where else have you applied?
Reply 5

Yes! It's mine (Well at least it will be when I hear from my last two choices!) Loved the campus, the place looks awesome!
Reply 6
Original post by Bannem
Yes! It's mine (Well at least it will be when I hear from my last two choices!) Loved the campus, the place looks awesome!

Ooh yay! What are you applying for? Yeah the campus is lovely, and a nice area of the country. :smile:
Reply 7
Chemistry! You?

Yeah Berkshire is quite nice, Reading it's self is quite busy so i'm looking forward to it! Grades Permitting!
Reply 8
Original post by Bannem
Chemistry! You?

Yeah Berkshire is quite nice, Reading it's self is quite busy so i'm looking forward to it! Grades Permitting!

What grades do you need? Good luck in your exams :smile:

I'm applying for Law :biggrin:
Reply 9
ABB! Is law AAA?
Reply 10
Original post by Bannem
ABB! Is law AAA?

Nope, its AAB. But aiming for A*AA to get their law scholarship of £1000 :wink:
Reply 11

Haha! I'm hoping for AAA! The A* criteria is a little crazy so I don't pretend to understand it. I know you need 90% in something or other.
Reply 12
Original post by Bannem
Haha! I'm hoping for AAA! The A* criteria is a little crazy so I don't pretend to understand it. I know you need 90% in something or other.

Yes it is a little ridiculous, and I am a little miffed it is A*AA :frown: Oh well, keeps me on my toes I guess :biggrin:

Have you looked at the accommodation at Reading? Any that take your fancy?
Reading is my insurance choice to get 300 points from 3 A-levels.

Pretty reasonable- BBB, A*CC, ABC
Reply 14
Original post by Knight of Cydonia
Reading is my insurance choice to get 300 points from 3 A-levels.

Pretty reasonable- BBB, A*CC, ABC

maybe see you there then :wink:
Reply 15
if i get an offer for finance and investment banking from reading i will firm it as first choice :biggrin: but so far only got 1 offer form manchester but hey cant complain with no rejects thus far :biggrin:

i loved reading when i went down to the open day, epic campus so nice, had the right balance of greenery/quiteness and busyness about it if you get what i mean,
maybe see you there then :wink:

My firm is ABB, and I really think its about 65% likely ill be going to Reading more than Southampton :tongue:

i can't help but look at any posts about Reading, bit biased really :biggrin:
I was so excited when I got my offer so could have it as a firm choice!
It's worth aiming for those scholarships :biggrin: Mine was £2000 for AAA which should be good for my year abroad! (but then a year and a half ago we couldn't get A* haha!)

It really is a great campus, and Reading is a nice place in general, and the night life is good too ;P
Reply 18
Original post by CameraGirl
i can't help but look at any posts about Reading, bit biased really :biggrin:
I was so excited when I got my offer so could have it as a firm choice!
It's worth aiming for those scholarships :biggrin: Mine was £2000 for AAA which should be good for my year abroad! (but then a year and a half ago we couldn't get A* haha!)

It really is a great campus, and Reading is a nice place in general, and the night life is good too ;P

Do you do law at Reading???? :holmes: Yeah I'd prefer the scholarship criteria to be AAA, much easier, but I suppose aiming for an A* will keep me on my toes....
Do you do law at Reading???? :holmes: Yeah I'd prefer the scholarship criteria to be AAA, much easier, but I suppose aiming for an A* will keep me on my toes....

No haha, I do MMet Meteorology, but I have a couple of friends from my first year who are doing law :smile: Several of the courses offer scholarships :smile: One of my grades would have been an A* luckily if I'd had to aim for that, but I'm happy with my As :biggrin: they got me where I wanted!

What A levels are you doing?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending