The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meltdown30
There'll be problems with your interviewers getting into uni too. Glasgow has cancelled exams for Wednesday and Thursday so far due to the weather. It's really cold so all the snow has frozen so the roads are a nightmare.

haha That's where we'll be for 6-7 years. :wink:

Original post by SophiaMaria
Hey, just wondering if that's Glasgow given out all their interviews now?

No they haven't.

Original post by Shegg
I phoned in earlier and they said all the interviews are still on
so providing the planes from stansted are still flying out there i'll be on the way to mine tomorrow morning

OH SAMMEEE!!!!! Tomorrow at the 3pm ish one!!! Good luck! Do Essex proud for us!!! :biggrin: want my mobile nom?
I live down in Sheffield and my interview was supposed to be yesterday (8th December), but I called Tuesday morning to see if they were still on and the admin lady advised that I not try to travel up to Scotland even though the interviews hadn't been cancelled, and re-arranged mine for Jan. So if you're at all worried about getting there in the snow, I'd just ring them; they don't seem to mind re-arranging.
Reply 422
Original post by meemz
24th January is my interview for glasgow. anyone else? pretty late isn't it.

yeah mine is 21st .. i guess its good you get time to prepare
Reply 423
Original post by meemz
24th January is my interview for glasgow. anyone else? pretty late isn't it.

Mine is the 24th Jan also :smile: I was meant to be 3rd Dec, but had to reschedule due to the horrible weather conditions. Don't think it's too late.. they interview all the way up until end of feb/beginning of march.
Reply 424
Original post by larry000
was your exam on the exact same day as your interview. I got an exam three days after my interview. how was it trying to change it? do they give you a new date immediately?

It was the exact same day. I just e-mailed them (the address was on the letter) and explained I had an exam that day, could I possibly have a different interview date, they e-mailed back within a day confirming a new date.
Reply 425
Hey guys i was wondering does the Increase in tuition fees affect English Candidates who may apply in 2012 to Scottish unis ? ( My sister wants to go to a Scottish uni )
Reply 426
Original post by G550NDH

Original post by G550NDH
Hey guys i was wondering does the Increase in tuition fees affect English Candidates who may apply in 2012 to Scottish unis ? ( My sister wants to go to a Scottish uni )

Probably not, for now, but in the future maybe. Universities in Scotland are Free to Scottish and EU students as it is funded by the Scottish government, however for students from England it is currently £1,820 pa (£2,895 for medicine).
However there have been reports that the Scottish government is considering raising the figure as English university fees rise. This is basically so that Scottish institutions can compete with the English ones, and because it is no longer sustainable for the Scottish governemnt to subsidise higher education.
Reply 427
Out of interest does anyone else have an interview on the 24th january? (:
anyone else next Wednesday? (15th December)
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

want an interview!!!....or a rejection.....

I want to know something!!!!!!!
Reply 430
had an interview at glasgow today

nice people but it was quite hard and they asked me some difficult questions (not in this order):

Mod edit: interview details removed. Please see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=195&a=612

hope this helps!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 431
Original post by Badders1

nice people but it was quite hard and they asked me some difficult questions (not in this order):

Mod edit: interview details removed. Please see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=195&a=612

hope this helps!!

also had mine today, my questions were different but testing similar characteristics. Guess i got lucky. Physics was my best grade so i got asked Why not engineering.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 432

hope this helps!!

Hey cheers for the info ! I also got a B in Physics but i got a high B just 4 marks from an A . I was wondering how you answered the first question about your grades. She sounds very patronising nd rude the way you have written it. Was this the Case ?
(edited 13 years ago)
Does everyone here have scottish qualifications?
Reply 434
Original post by chemistrygod2315

nope

yeah I do and have been given an interview for next week :biggrin:
Reply 436

nope ... english and have got interview in jan
Reply 437

hope this helps!!

sorry everyone, it was foolish of me to do that!

i guess i was just a bit annoyed by the way she phrased the question :s-smilie:

my only advice is to be yourself and be honest be well prepared on a wide range of questions

bonne chance!!
Hey :biggrin: how have everyone's interviews gone this week, if you made them?
x
Original post by G550NDH

Original post by G550NDH
nope ... english and have got interview in jan

Nice A level choices, pretty much same as mine.
My interview in a few Days. Going into overdrive with prep!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending