The Student Room Group

Really fed up

Ive been living with my OH for about 4 months now and he's driving me mad.
We had a letter from the letting agents saying there were coming around for an inspection on Monday so Ive been trying to tidy the house he won't lift a bloody finger. Ive just spent the last three hours cleaning the bedroom and bathroom and I only asked him to tidy the study (which is his room and there is junk all over it) and he got really arsy with me saying he works all day he shouldn't have to tidy up when he gets home....seems to be of the opinion as Im home all day I can tidy up everything. I do his washing, his ironing, I most often cook his dinner, I have to do all the cleaning.....:angry:
Sounds to me like you're being exploited... But if he has a job and you don't, then it's only fair if you do the larger part of the housecleaning.
What's an OH?
Reply 3
Original post by babygirl110
What's an OH?

Other half?
Original post by babygirl110
What's an OH?

other half ..... took me a while to figure out to i don't know why she didn't just write it out .......
Reply 5
Maybe you should do a schedule, and give it to him., and do some photo copying just in case
I would never dare try and question anyone's relationship but do you want to be with someone who treats you like that? If there isn't a physical or psychological reason for his behaviour then I would probably be doing some thinking. But equally this may just be the way he's wired, and perhaps now living with you he doesn't feel the need to clean up after himself, stone age thinking I agree but I live with four guys and the popular saying in our house is 'If we don't do it then she will'. I've read about women who don't do anything, literally don't clean a thing until their partners can't stand it and start helping around the house, but I don't think I could cope with a filthy house. Good luck!
Original post by tweety_2479
other half ..... took me a while to figure out to i don't know why she didn't just write it out .......

Lol yeah, some of these acronyms are necessary.
Erm get a job so he doesn't have that excuse?
Reply 9
What's the problem, i thought Women loved to do the cleaning up?
he is a dickhead.
Reply 11
Why dont you stop doing his cooking, cleaning ironing and when he questions you about it or gets really moody sit him down and tell him how you feel and he will be able to relate to it more rather than you just shouting at him

Quick Reply

Latest