The Student Room Group

Do you think I have a chance with this girl?

At the start of the school term (September) I met a girl. I just started college. I helped her out on the computer and from then on we started talking. I go and talk to her mostly but we talk.

I started to take a liking to her. We started talking a bit more a few times we spent some time with each other during our small breaks. At one time we were in the library and she went off to talk to someone. I left her but she motioned for me to come over. Even when we had an hour break at one time we walked around together.

Anyway, I really hope that she has some sort of interest in me. I asked her at one time how her weekend was and she told me that she had been crying. I felt happy that she would confide in me that info. I've invited her to the cinema and she's accepted and I gave her a present which she should open after the cinema trip (on Christmas). In the card I've asked her out so I'm nervous.

I'm trying not to act odd. I mean I'm a jealous person unfortunately so when I see that she's laughing a lot at what another is saying and seems to have a really good time then I try to engage a lot more to impress her.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
sounds cute
Reply 2
This is sooooooooooooooooo cheeesssyyyyyyy.

You wanna bang her that badly eh?
Invite me to the wedding m'kay?
Reply 4
Man it's going to ruin her Christmas when she opens this card and finds a letter from someone she's not interested in declaring their love to her.

Why didn't you just man up, ask her back to your place and find out if she was interested then.

'Asking someone out' before you've even kissed is so 12-year-old.
(edited 13 years ago)
Well 1) I really don't care if I "bang" her so Yawn11 can shut it and 2) I just turned 16 so no, I'm not going to ask her back to my place. (Not trying to sound bitter towards you)
Just roll with it. I don't think anyone in the forum can help you. Just do as you initially planned. Don't get bitter if it fails, it could be you are in the friend zone without knowing it
Reply 7
Some people appreciate cute things like that and others don't. I'd personally just ask her out face to face but the meh.
Alright.
Original post by djpailo
Some people appreciate cute things like that and others don't. I'd personally just ask her out face to face but the meh.

It was an idea a girl asked me when I said I wanted to ask her out. You see, in the past every girl that I just up to and asked has said no so this time round I want to take her out first and do something different.
Reply 10
So you haven't got the balls to ask her out face 2 face?
As long as you control that jealousy. why not? She seems to really like you, and what's the worst that can happen if she doesn't? at least you're judging her on personality, I didn't hear you mentioning her looks, so that makes you ahead of most guys.:cute::date:
Reply 12
Original post by Asiko
Well 1) I really don't care if I "bang" her so Yawn11 can shut it and 2) I just turned 16 so no, I'm not going to ask her back to my place. (Not trying to sound bitter towards you)

anon fail.
It wasn't supposed to be anonymous. I don't know why it did that in the first place so post fail
Asking her out in a card is a faux-sophisticated way of asking her out via text, i.e. it's really stupid.
Original post by T-Toe
So you haven't got the balls to ask her out face 2 face?

No. I don't have the balls to ask out a person who I haven't gotten to spend so actual time with. I guess you've never been on a date before so you would have no idea what I'm talking about.

And besides, a little variation wouldn't hurt would it? Haven't you seen all the other ways people have proposed i.e. ring in wine glass etc. It's not all about getting down on one knee though that is traditional.
Reply 16
Well you don't know till you try! You can guess at her feelings but you can't ever truly know.
I say go for it and wish you the best of luck!
Original post by JCC-MGS
Asking her out in a card is a faux-sophisticated way of asking her out via text, i.e. it's really stupid.

I know it's not the smartest but still I wanted to try something new. If it fails then it fails.
Original post by Anonymous
At the start of the school term (September) I met a girl. I just started college. I helped her out on the computer and from then on we started talking. I go and talk to her mostly but we talk.

I started to take a liking to her. We started talking a bit more a few times we spent some time with each other during our small breaks. At one time we were in the library and she went off to talk to someone. I left her but she motioned for me to come over. Even when we had an hour break at one time we walked around together.

Anyway, I really hope that she has some sort of interest in me. I asked her at one time how her weekend was and she told me that she had been crying. I felt happy that she would confide in me that info. I've invited her to the cinema and she's accepted and I gave her a present which she should open after the cinema trip (on Christmas). In the card I've asked her out so I'm nervous.

I'm trying not to act odd. I mean I'm a jealous person unfortunately so when I see that she's laughing a lot at what another is saying and seems to have a really good time then I try to engage a lot more to impress her.

Yep, I think you have. But please, whatever you do, do not give her that card. I mean it is kind of cute, but if she does not like you, it will be so awkward. I suggest you rather ask her in person.
Reply 19
Original post by Asiko
No. I don't have the balls to ask out a person who I haven't gotten to spend so actual time with. I guess you've never been on a date before so you would have no idea what I'm talking about.

And besides, a little variation wouldn't hurt would it? Haven't you seen all the other ways people have proposed i.e. ring in wine glass etc. It's not all about getting down on one knee though that is traditional.

Haha. I was only joking Sonny Jim, chill. It's a sweet thing you're doing. However there's a possibility she may reject you
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending