The Student Room Group

Giving blood and getting a piercing in the same day...too much?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
I'd expect someone with a phobia of needles to have given blood for me...

Why?

You shouldn't feel you have to do it. You should want to it and if you have a phobia of needles you probably don't..
Reply 21
Original post by Jacktri
says someone who wants to cut themselves and lose blood on purpose you emo

What are you 12? Do your research cretin.
Reply 22
Original post by TVC15
What are you 12? Do your research cretin.

ohhhh the cretin comments are coming out this has just turned hardcore
For a while now I've wanted my cartilage pierced but before I get it done I would like to give blood because I wont be able to for a while after getting a piercing done.

I have a phobia of needles (but giving blood is a good thing to do so definitely want to) so I'm debating getting both done in the same day just to get all the needle stuff over and done with...

Is this recommendable? Or do you think it more likely that I'll faint or something?

cartilage is done with a needle and takes around a year to heal so you won't be able to give blood again for bout year and a half (I recently got it done and I was a bleeder)

I'd say give blood, give it a couple weeks then get the piercing

Good luck!
Reply 25
Original post by Jacktri
ohhhh the cretin comments are coming out this has just turned hardcore

You're proving to be quiet entertaining! That all you got? I'm surprised you understand what it means.

Go play elsewhere.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rugbyladosc
Why?

You shouldn't feel you have to do it. You should want to it and if you have a phobia of needles you probably don't..

I want to enable someone else to live. Donating blood and being an organ donor are the ways I'm able to do that. I don't want the needle in my arm, but if I've been able to have needles in my arm to prevent diseases in myself, I should be able to do it to save someone else...

Original post by warning.shot
cartilage is done with a needle and takes around a year to heal so you won't be able to give blood again for bout year and a half (I recently got it done and I was a bleeder)

It can only take 3 months tho! I won't be able to give blood for a year because in Scotland you can't till a year after piercing, hence wanting to give blood first
Reply 27
It can only take 3 months tho! I won't be able to give blood for a year because in Scotland you can't till a year after piercing, hence wanting to give blood first

3 months is much closer to the average than a year. To expedite the healing process I would suggest getting a bar put in, instead of a ring. Rings move a lot more so don't settle quite so easily as a bar.

I've never been able to give blood (never been a long enough gap between tattoo/piercing sessions!) so I think it's great that you're doing that! :biggrin:
Original post by Renni131

3 months is much closer to the average than a year. To expedite the healing process I would suggest getting a bar put in, instead of a ring. Rings move a lot more so don't settle quite so easily as a bar.

I've never been able to give blood (never been a long enough gap between tattoo/piercing sessions!) so I think it's great that you're doing that! :biggrin:

I want a bar not ring, think they look better :smile:

That's why I'm giving blood now, then over next few months getting all piercings and tattoos I want, then wait a year, then donate again =D
Reply 29
I want a bar not ring, think they look better :smile:

That's why I'm giving blood now, then over next few months getting all piercings and tattoos I want, then wait a year, then donate again =D

Good plan :yep:

I'm sure everything will go smoothly when you go to get this done, but good luck anyway! :smile:

Good plan :yep:

I'm sure everything will go smoothly when you go to get this done, but good luck anyway! :smile:

Thanks! I'm gonna try and do it all tomorrow as a "treat" after an exam...
Just in case anyone cares, gave blood and got cartilage pierced today =D

Bloody hell cartilage hurt like ****!
Giving blood didn't hurt in comparison, plus nurses were very nice =D
Reply 32
If I'm giving blood and getting a piercing on the same day, which should I do first?
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending