The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I'm Muslim, do you hate me? If so, why?

I don't hate you as long as you don't share those views ^, or think all theists/atheists/agnostics should convert to Islam.

I do hate this dumb thread though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by markberry91
please hear me out. i am a christian and i know that God is the only way the truth and the life. the muslim faith is wrong and manmade. it is not real. it is a distraction caused by the devil to lead you away from the real truth, and from God. pleaase is you can find a christian church please visit and at least try it out.

If your not going to back yourself up then go away. Jesus didn't even die on the cross, rendering your whole religion useless, since it is based around Jesus dying for your sins. I can back this up, but since you haven't made an effort, neither will I.
Original post by A level Az
If your not going to back yourself up then go away. Jesus didn't even die on the cross, rendering your whole religion useless, since it is based around Jesus dying for your sins. I can back this up, but since you haven't made an effort, neither will I.

Jesus DID die on the cross for us aALL. Even you! have you ever been to church? how can you say its not real if you know nothing about it? you made me so angry

NOW back yourself up motha****a
Reply 103
Original post by edd360
I'm not the guy you quoted, but I too also hate Islam. Don't take it too personally, I hate Christianity as well, and pretty much all religions. Religions cause people to act in stupid ways, and the whole reason religion exists is quite frankly stupid.

We know very little about the universe, so religion was created as a concept to be the easy answer. "God did it", that doesn't require any explanation which conforms to our logic system. To me it seems silly to discredit what we do know in order to help answer what we don't know. Religious people generally don't think for themselves (the fact that they are religious is evidence enough for this). Find me 1 religious person who follows that religion after studying and researching different ones, including atheism, and decided that it was the most logical choice. Yes there will be a select handful, but especially with Islam most people are only religious because they were born into an religious family (eg: an islamic family), and essentially forced to practice Islam (which imo is morally wrong, and if a religion teaches this, it's just another reason why I hate it).

It is impossible to tell, but without religion the world would most likely be a better place, no war, less subjective laws, less power hungry people, less stupid acts caused in the name of religion, less violence (race riots etc), and people would live happier lives. Ironic isn't it.

I know you are but what am i?
Not any more than I hate Catholics.
Original post by No Man

I don't hate you as long as you don't share those views ^, or think all theists/atheists/agnostics should convert to Islam.

I do hate this dumb thread though.

I really hate the people who just rage like that because they can, and just to piss others off, because it just drives people away from Islam. If they really wanted people to convert/revert, they'd do it peacefully, as many scholars do.

However, when people draw cartoons of the Prophet with a bomb on him and stuff, I think we have the right to be angry. It still doesn't justify telling people to burn in hell and burning flags though, because that doesn't solve anything. I do wish some Muslims stopped acting this way, because it depicts us all like terrorists. It's not the way to behave in the 21st century; people need to adopt the right attitude otherwise nothing gets solved.

And while I'm on this topic, its not just Muslims who behave in such a manner, as we have witnessed many british students + crazy people destroying property and hurting others recently, and in my opinion that is a lot worse than burning a few flags (which those people buy themselves lol?). Point is, they are still standing up for what they believe in, just like the students are. However, the majority don't do it peacefully which sucks :frown:
Yes. Because I hate religion, and Islam tends to be a particularly concentrated brand of misogyny.
Jesus DID die on the cross for us aALL. Even you! have you ever been to church? how can you say its not real if you know nothing about it? you made me so angry

NOW back yourself up motha****a

Once again you didn't back yourself up. And I've read the Bible, so I know. Have you read the Quran? I doubt it.

Edit - Funny how you resulted to swearing after one reply. Perhaps you should read about the part in the Bible that mentions cursing, and while your at it, the bit where Jesus says "I have not yet ascended unto my father" aka "I did not die", which is after he was crucified (or crucificted I should say). And that's just one quote of many.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 108
please hear me out. i am a christian and i know that God is the only way the truth and the life. the muslim faith is wrong and manmade. it is not real. it is a distraction caused by the devil to lead you away from the real truth, and from God. pleaase is you can find a christian church please visit and at least try it out.

I'm afraid you've got that the wrong way around. What Jesus taught was true and right, however, the Bible, and most things in it have been changed so much that what is left cannot be called true Christianity. There are so many contradictions in the Bible that it makes it impossible to call it the truth. Have a look in the Quran, pick up any Quran, from anywhere in the world, and from any time, and it will be the same. It is Islam that that is the 'real truth'. I suggest you have a read of some books on Islam. What this thread is doing, is suggesting that people will hate Islam because of the extremists in the religion. Although I am a muslim, I too hate extremist and if they think that they can get to heaven by killing millions of innocent people, then I'm feel sorry for them and this mistaken belief. Islam is a religion of peace, not destruction. Research the religion more and then come to a conclusion.
Yes. Because you made this post for no reason, asking random people if they like you or not
Original post by givethanks
I think you know well why. Seeing as you had a strong Islamic education before you left Islam.

Oh, I indeed do know that Muslims are supposed to believe that the evil one who dares to commit Riddah(OH NO YOU DIDN'T) must be exterminated from society because they did something as benign as stop believing in Allaah, but I wanted to know how he justifies believing in such a thing. 'Tis all.
No one hates you because you're a muslim

If you're a dick about it then that's another story.
I do not hate you, but I hate religion in general.

And muslims seem to be more vocal about it, and seems to be more extreme (the burkhas for example.) Religious people are very closed minded. I have spoken to muslims before, and they completely rubbished evolution, one actually said "how can you believe that! That we are descended from monkeys! We are from Adam and Eve!" The ignorance is staggering. I don't agree with the whole stoning women, and death penalty for leaving the faith and all that either. Not many people in the Western world would.

And I will probably get neg reps for this. But what makes Islam abit worse than other religions (to me) is that their prophet was essentially a pedophile. Yes, it was a different time, but the fact still remains- if you have sexual desires towards a child you are a pedophile. AND if God does exist, would he really approve of his messenger doing this? And the whole thing is very sexist- the whole multiple wives thing. It was created by men, to control people, women in particular.

Religion has no place in society today, not after the discoverings of science.
Reply 113
To hate something is to find a it a threat. So do not take it personally if people find the religion and people who practice your religions actions according to their religion a threat to themselves.

I do not hate muslims. If anything I feel that jews pose more of a threat to society as a race than muslims. Although this is equally irrational and stereotyping. But I think most religions, christians, judaism, islam, etc etc are either false or the people who wrote thems words have been manipulated into making their text have the ability to control the masses.

Look at the vatican one of the richest countries in the world, Look at Hindu temple adorned with expensive paintings and expensive architecture and palaces. Who really benefits from religion. IMO the religions served as a corrupt power hungry group to control the masses and this also prevented people from rebelling against the rich in society.

My beliefs have more of a base towards buddhism, nihilsm and atheism. But really you cannot disprove anything I say. I know this will sound biased. But I truly think what I regard as truth is much much more of a basis towards reality than any religion with gods in it. I make my own ideas and think for myself. i dont need a book to tell me i will go to hell if i dont agree with said doctrines.

I think the existence of aliens is far more likely than a god although I dont see why there might not be other dimensions or people who have spiritual powers. After all quantum mechanics is basically saying that the universe is completely random. There are billions of galaxies in the universe, and billions of stars in every galaxy with said planets. There is life one earth, mars, moon (primitive forms) asteroids, and even life that is supported by arsenic and in freezing conditions or next to volcanoes. So what does that say about the possibility of aliens? SO I guess my view of religion is that it probably had something to do with aliens. Like for example the great pyramid of egypt is more complex than any building today by far and it was made 5000 years ago and the great sphinx 13,000 years ago. A building in south america is made out of precisely crafted material (forgot what it is called bu it is the second hardest material in the world) and massive megalithic blocks of it are just laying scattered in mountaintop areas that were made an estimated 17,000 years ago. As well as pyramids underwater found off the base of japan that are 10,000 years old made out of megalithic stone structures.

I see meditation as more truth than anything. And religion tends to make people very very fear based (I will go to hell) which is basically the cause of most negativity. As well as accepting blind faith and viewing other religions as evil. Religions usually dont study themselves have an open mind or allow critiscm. It is a form to control the masses in my eyes. Although there is some truth to them which has probably been twisted to control people.

Of course I dont hate you but I find your religion to be stupid and possibly a threat to society like most religions.

Latest

Trending

Trending