The Student Room Group

Are you experienced? Lucid Dreaming

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by channy
OH ****

I forgot. I can touch things in dreams, and it actually feels like I'm touching something with my real hand, it's something I usually have to concentrate on. It's really weird; I move my arm to touch something. I think I see my arm touching something, but I have to concentrate to make it actually feel like I'm touching something, physically feel like.

you know in my wet dreams i can feel the pleasure in my pants as if im actually doing it :tongue: would you classify that as a wet lucid dream?? :sexface:
Reply 21
I think i've had a lucid dream a few times but im not really sure! Once i thought someone came into my room and was strangling me, at first I thought I was awake then realised i was still asleep so I was trying to wake myself up as I could feel the pressure of being strangled, but I couldn't so I tried to scream for help as I could hear my flatmates in the kitchen but nothing came out, it was horrible! haha.
Original post by looking
cool!!!! can you bring jessica alba into the dream and get it on? Or does it not work like that? If I was you I would be sleeping 16hours a day lol

You could, but it is very very hard........but so worth it. :biggrin:
Original post by channy
I just woke up from a lucid dream. That is to say, I made myself wake up.

Waking myself is possible once I realise I'm lucid dreaming. It's like wrenching yourself out of a really thick liquid, a heavy head stuck in tar.

When I was going to sleep at around 3 AM, I knew I was going to have a lucid dream. I just knew it. It's hard to explain. It's similar to the feeling when you're in a car, and you know it's going to stop before the red light, so you tense your upper body slightly backwards anticipating the leaning forward momentum you experience when you slow down. It's the same when you lean forward when you expect the car to speed up - but sometimes it doesn't, so you're sat there leaning forward going "hey why isn't the car -", lurch.

It's a sense of feeling that you come to recognise, and results in a set response. It's quite odd, but it's happened many times before, and this time I guess I'm here to see if others share the same experience.

I'm going to try to explain the process again, even if it's just for my sake.

So I'm in bed, trying to get to sleep. I'm dozing, falling into. But to reiterate, I don't realise I'm truly asleep until I'm actually dreaming, or until I realise that I'm dreaming. But it comes back to this; I know I'm going to have a lucid dream before I fall "truly" asleep and start dreaming, but it seems like I only know I'm dreaming until I lucidly dream.

Hm...well. I have definitely come to know when I'm going to have a lucid dream. One of the signs is a kind of "rigid" body, like I'm stuck in a Petrificus Totalus. I believe this feeling comes before I actually start dreaming.

Well, after this and that, and when I actually end up in the dream (today it was an old Victorian house), obviously I can do what ever I want. I can't change the setting of the dream (I'm not an architect), I usually just fly over landscapes.

Today I walked through walls. It's an odd feeling; like the moment when you fall back, knowing there's someone there to catch you, but you just can't be damned sure if they are... I didn't get to fly today, I just levitated. Wonder if is a sign of being a ghost in my dream. That's scary...or maybe I was just too lazy to walk? I may have even "teleported", or that could just the dream moving around.

Anyway, with today's lucid dreaming, there were other people. They act like how they would act in real life, but if, for example I wanted someone to come with me outside, I can make them.

It's odd.

OH ****

I forgot. I can touch things in dreams, and it actually feels like I'm touching something with my real hand, it's something I usually have to concentrate on. It's really weird; I move my arm to touch something. I think I see my arm touching something, but I have to concentrate to make it actually feel like I'm touching something, physically feel like.

Aaaanyway, hopefully there will be others to talk with about this.

Good night.

P.S. inb4 nazi grammar.
P.P.S if anyone wants to try and interpret my dream, feel free to do so, I'm a pretty ****ed up person.
P.P.P.S I've been doing this before that film came out.

I have lucid dreams frequently, but I don't get the feeling of knowing I am going to have one first. It usually revolves around an 'awakening' on my part during the dream, at which point I try and exert some minor control - speech and movement - before moving on to more amazing things like super natural stuff.

I've never yet managed to fly.
Telekinesis is perhaps one of the most fun aspects of lucid dreams. Mainly just throwing cars around or using it in self defence if there's any hostile dream characters.

My first ever lucid dream was the most amazing experience of my life. Just waking up in your dream knowing you're inside your own mind and still in bed, yet you exist in another reality is amazing.

One thing to look out for in dreams is the sky. It tends to change colour and have different patterns, some are just awe inspiringly beautiful.
Original post by Beneb
My lucid dreams happen when I'm meant to get up, turn my alarm off, and then fall into a half-asleep/half-awake state, where, although I have limited control over what happens, the experience is far more vivid and tangible.

This. A lot. Then whatever has happened in my 'lucid dream' happens sometime later in the day. Exactly how it plays out in my head, like I'm watching it in my dream, then I watch it later on. It never involves me though, I'm always watching. So I know I can't engineer it to happen, and I only realise once its happening in real life, never before it. Mega de-ja-vu every time.

I actually quite like it! (Secretly :ninja:)
Petrificus Totalus? Who the hell learns bloody Harry Potter dog Latin? :biggrin:

(Mind, speaking from experience, learning classical Latin is perhaps only marginally less pitiable. :rolleyes:)
(edited 13 years ago)
I can't change anything. Tried it many times. When this monster approached me I tried to turn it into something nice, it only worked for a split-second. Luckily I woke up before I died.
Ive been lucid dreaming a few times. It only happens when i wake up in the mornings then go back to sleep for a hour or 2
I wish i had lucid dreams more often, i can't remember the last one i had. I love knowing that i'm dreaming and being able to control what's going on to some extent. I hate having no control in my dreams and just watching everything go by without being able to wake myself up.

That moment before you fully drift off, and you're already kind of lucid dreaming, that's the bed! Dreams are obviously my only source of wonderment.
Original post by LonelyCenturion
Telekinesis is perhaps one of the most fun aspects of lucid dreams. Mainly just throwing cars around or using it in self defence if there's any hostile dream characters.

My first ever lucid dream was the most amazing experience of my life. Just waking up in your dream knowing you're inside your own mind and still in bed, yet you exist in another reality is amazing.
One thing to look out for in dreams is the sky. It tends to change colour and have different patterns, some are just awe inspiringly beautiful.

1. Oh wow, i've never even thought of doing that in a dream.
2. Agreed!
3. Maybe the sky is just amazing in your dreams? Either way, i've never looked up at it in a dream. Interesting... i'm curious now!

Original post by JohnC2211
I have lucid dreams frequently, but I don't get the feeling of knowing I am going to have one first. It usually revolves around an 'awakening' on my part during the dream, at which point I try and exert some minor control - speech and movement - before moving on to more amazing things like super natural stuff.

I've never yet managed to fly.

It's awesome :biggrin:
Reply 31
I'm really interested in this... So you are in a dream and you realise you're dreaming, so I assume you can force yourself to wake up? If not, do you not panic that you're stuck in dream-land? It seems like a natural thing to do when you realise you're dreaming to try and wake up...
I've managed telekinesis before. But the one time I got really far with it, levitating a chair, I had a false awakening where I woke up in my dorm room (still dreaming) and proceeded to use telekinesis in what I thought was real life.

ACTUALLY waking up after that was a bit of a downer when I realised I couldn't use the Force to grab the TV remote...
Reply 33
I've heard about this before but it seems creepy as ****. How do you do it? I mean could in theory you **** up and instead of experiencing that threesome with the two hottest girls in school you've been craving, you '**** up' and end up in some sort of living nightmare where you are in theory experiencing and physically feeling things almost like LSD, Shrooms etc.?
Reply 34
Original post by Jambre
"Like I'm stuck in a petrificus totalus"
LOL

I have two words of advice for them.

Fresh. Air.
Once I dreamt a monster was attacking me, realised I was dreaming and turned the dream around so that I won the fight. It was exceedingly difficult to do, as all the time my brain was fighting back with alternative, not-so-nice outcomes and I had to stop myself thinking about them or they'd happen.
Original post by DarkSenrine
And what's the point of this post exactly?

Any? :rolleyes: By the way, TSR does not exist. You are dreaming.
Original post by reisen
i love and hate them. hate the paralysis i always seem to get. i know what you mean about feeling it coming.

Feeling it...cumming inside yourself? :rolleyes: Sexy, I guess.
Reply 38
I don't really have lucid dreams, but I can feel them most of the time...which is NOT nice when they go kinda weird... 0.o
Reply 39
Does it count if I suddenly wake up with my arm outsretched trying to grab something and realising it's not there, but knowing what it was when your are conscious? Is that Lucid Dreaming? I never controlled it or attempted to make it happen..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending