The Student Room Group

This Girl I Like

So there's this girl who I like but I'm practically 100% certain that she will never ever like me back, I can't even be bothered asking her as I know what she will probably say and I don't want to go through the embarrassment and its making me feel down. So I'm a chicken, but a smart chicken at least. :frown: I wanted to know if there was anyone else who's felt the same way and how they get over it quickly?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So there's this girl who I like but I'm practically 100% certain that she will never ever like me back, I can't even be bothered asking her as I know what she will probably say and I don't want to go through the embarrassment and its making me feel down. So I'm a chicken, but a smart chicken at least. :frown: I wanted to know if there was anyone else who's felt the same way and how they get over it quickly?

Have a w*nk, go to bed, find a new girl.
Reply 2
I like Chicken as well.
Do you know her well enough to know she won't ever like you back?
Reply 4
Original post by Digit_Five
Have a w*nk, go to bed, find a new girl.

I don't see how any of that helps.
Reply 5
Jeez, it's quite simple..

You want to be with her, the only way that can happen is if you just ask her out already...if you've already decided that you're not going to ask her out because you think she will never say yes, you have already lost. If you want to be with her, then man up and ask!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Is that girl Cheryl Cole? :holmes:
Reply 7
If you never try, then you'll never know.
And a couple of years later you will ask yourself "What if I had actually gone with it?" And trust me, that is not a good feeling....
shell like you when shell be drunk
Reply 9
Original post by Edzor92
Jeez, it's quite simple..

You want to be with her, the only way that can happen is if you just ask her out already...if you've already decided that you're not going to ask her out because you think she will never say yes, you have already lost. If you want to be with her, then man up and ask!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

That's easier said than done you know. Realistically the odds of her saying yes are slim and then I'll just look like an idiot.
Reply 10
That's easier said than done you know. Realistically the odds of her saying yes are slim and then I'll just look like an idiot.

Excuse me for being so blunt, but re-read my post...it still applies.
Reply 11
Original post by UAG
shell like you when shell be drunk

But shells don't get drunk..:biggrin:
:tongue:
Reply 12

The chances of her saying yes may be low, but if you don't ask, then the odds will always remain at 0.

I mean what have you got to lose? Nothing. If there is the slightest chance then you might as well take it.

Even if she says no, you still get a warm feeling knowing that you tried - had your best shot at it - and you wont need to lose sleep over it any more.
Reply 13
Original post by Edzor92
Excuse me for being so blunt, but re-read my post...it still applies.

Maybe but it isn't really increasing my confidence to ask her. I still feel like a chicken. :frown:
What makes you think the girl isn't ever going to like you?
Are you close friends with her?
Reply 16
Maybe but it isn't really increasing my confidence to ask her. I still feel like a chicken. :frown:

I know it can be hard, you are scared of rejection and that would mean you would ultimately know what you fear...that she will say no and you won't be with her. But you can only know, and only be with her if you ask. It isn't going to be easy, things that are worth something are often the hardest to obtain, making them even more sweeter when you do acheive your goals.

I'll spell it out for you:

Your Goal: Get the girl.
Option 1: Don't ask her out, be afriad of rejection, constantly worry and do nothing...think about it but don't act = fail.
Option 2: Ask her out. The chances are low, but she might say yes.

Now, if you want to achieve your goal, there is only one option out of the two where you can do so...it's pretty obvious isn't it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnudujlBZI
Reply 17
Original post by Dijipo
The chances of her saying yes may be low, but if you don't ask, then the odds will always remain at 0.

I mean what have you got to lose? Nothing. If there is the slightest chance then you might as well take it.

Even if she says no, you still get a warm feeling knowing that you tried - had your best shot at it - and you wont need to lose sleep over it any more.

I assure you I would not get any "warm feeling" inside of me if she says no, I would just feel embarrassed and feel even more down and lonely over being rejected.
If you honestly think she wont say yes, she probably wont
Reply 19
Original post by samanthaaaa
Are you close friends with her?

We are friends. It's not like she is someone who I sat next to on the bus one time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending