The Student Room Group

Psycho father just hacked all my hair off.

self explanatory really, what is says above.
Basically i was having an argument with my one0eyar younger sister whos a major suck up over something, my mum was there at the same time so as per usual she had to get involved on my sister's side against me, it was a bit physically angry in that sense but started by her. About ten minutes later my dad was due to be back and all this **** had just about blown over for the time being, though my sister was still urging my mother to snitch. So what does my mother do, she KNOWS my father can be violent towards me (not towarsds my sister for some stupid reason; onl;y yesterday i came in at 10.30pm after being out for the whole day, my mum opened the door and he shoved me clean out the door onto the concrete path) but starts exagerrating the 'huge fuss i'd been making' and what i'd done to my 'poor sister' missing out the other half the proceedings of course.

I sort of tried to block myself out in my room, as hes beaten me before but without warning he barged in, i was trying to brace myself for supposedly being hit but he starts pulling at my hair (pretty long, about 2/3rds way down to my waist having grown it for months now) and hacking it off in clumps with kitchen scissors.
Just as i was aware what was going on i just completely freaked out started panicking but it was too late, he just walked out clutching this massive clump of my hair which is now a rough tuft basicallly.
And basiclaly thats it; i'm just in complete shock, i had no idea what psycjhopathic **** he was gonna do now, i feel like i can't wear anything go out in public do anything. my college are so gonna be asking awkward questions as is my work (line of work where you have to look fairly xconventionally well presented) and i have a uni intevriew on monday feel like i cant face any of this ****. I can't look in the mirror, just wnat to cry like the only thing i LIKED about my appearance at all, that even my parents would compliment me on is my hair, it wa salways long and nice and i dont even have that small comfort any more i just seriously dont know what to do.

Thats another thing, my parents have said themselves and know that i have lopw self esteem aso why the **** they do this which is just gonna make me extremely depressed aqnd unable to literally get up to do anything is bgeyondm me. It was completely uncalled for and on the wider scale i dont know what sdo do, bween thinking about moving out for a while now but my pay is **** and i'm completekly skint.
Sorry for the long post, but basically i feel kinda suicidal and shovcked and wtfd i need tlo get out of here right now, just dont know what to do. So yeah csorry fpr the incoherence.

Scroll to see replies

Hair grows back. :console: If you can, move out and cut contact with him. It might shock him and make him realise what he's done. Have you got a friend/aunt/grandparent you can stay with till you get yourself turned around?
Call the police?
Wow, that sounds pretty heavy if you're not trolling.

Calling Childline (0800 1111) or the Samaritans (08457 90 90 90) is probably your best bet if you want to vent. You'll probably just get idiots posting internet memes at you here on TSR.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Alpha_Male
Troll a loll a loll la la la la....

Don't you think i have more pressing things to think about than trying to attention seek on the internet? I wan tt post about a serious issue, you would find it more plausible suppose if it was under my username but i don't want to do that for good reasons, so if you have nothing constructive to say, just leave it.
Reply 5
wear a hat/french beret.
Police. That counts as assault.
Reply 7
thanks guys
yeah i would have moved a while bakc but none of my relatives live in the country atm =/
i know hair grows back but its just the long time this will take, it looks pretty harsh and coming up to christams and everything so wanted to look nice. Like i said it was the only thing about my appearance i actually liked and felt confident about so know i'm just in that limbo of ****-what do i do a cant go out but need to get out kinda thing
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
thanks guys
yeah i would have moved a while bakc but none of my relatives live in the country atm =/
i know hair grows back but its just the long time this will take, it looks pretty harsh and coming up to christams and everything so wanted to look nice. Like i said it was the only thing about my appearance i actually liked and felt confident about so know i'm just in that limbo of ****-what do i do a cant go out but need to get out kinda thing

If this is not a troll, then please for your own sake call the damn police. Your dad is a right ****er. And that is assult, he needs to get his head checked. A few months in HM prison will sort him out. Also call samaritans or childline and get yourself out of that house!
I knew a girl, her dad shaved off ALL her hair because she was slacking in school.
Reply 10
Wow, he sounds like an utter ****. Try to sort your hair out as best you can for your job/interview. Over the next few months you need cut your family out of your life by staying under the radar (No arguments/ go home early etc) and when you get to uni - move out (or after your exams). All universities run some form of half term accommodation so you wouldn't have to go home.

You could call the police?
How often does the abuse occur?

PM me if you'd like. I'm here for you.
You better not be trolling. Abusive parents are horrible to put up with, and quite frankly it's not only insulting but it's disgusting to make up this thread.
If it is true, then you poor thing 'hugs'

Your dad is disgusting, sorry if that offends you.
self explanatory really, what is says above.
Basically i was having an argument with my one0eyar younger sister whos a major suck up over something, my mum was there at the same time so as per usual she had to get involved on my sister's side against me, it was a bit physically angry in that sense but started by her. About ten minutes later my dad was due to be back and all this **** had just about blown over for the time being, though my sister was still urging my mother to snitch. So what does my mother do, she KNOWS my father can be violent towards me (not towarsds my sister for some stupid reason; onl;y yesterday i came in at 10.30pm after being out for the whole day, my mum opened the door and he shoved me clean out the door onto the concrete path) but starts exagerrating the 'huge fuss i'd been making' and what i'd done to my 'poor sister' missing out the other half the proceedings of course.

I sort of tried to block myself out in my room, as hes beaten me before but without warning he barged in, i was trying to brace myself for supposedly being hit but he starts pulling at my hair (pretty long, about 2/3rds way down to my waist having grown it for months now) and hacking it off in clumps with kitchen scissors.
Just as i was aware what was going on i just completely freaked out started panicking but it was too late, he just walked out clutching this massive clump of my hair which is now a rough tuft basicallly.
And basiclaly thats it; i'm just in complete shock, i had no idea what psycjhopathic **** he was gonna do now, i feel like i can't wear anything go out in public do anything. my college are so gonna be asking awkward questions as is my work (line of work where you have to look fairly xconventionally well presented) and i have a uni intevriew on monday feel like i cant face any of this ****. I can't look in the mirror, just wnat to cry like the only thing i LIKED about my appearance at all, that even my parents would compliment me on is my hair, it wa salways long and nice and i dont even have that small comfort any more i just seriously dont know what to do.

Thats another thing, my parents have said themselves and know that i have lopw self esteem aso why the **** they do this which is just gonna make me extremely depressed aqnd unable to literally get up to do anything is bgeyondm me. It was completely uncalled for and on the wider scale i dont know what sdo do, bween thinking about moving out for a while now but my pay is **** and i'm completekly skint.
Sorry for the long post, but basically i feel kinda suicidal and shovcked and wtfd i need tlo get out of here right now, just dont know what to do. So yeah csorry fpr the incoherence.

i'm being serious, call childline
Reply 14
Original post by Miss Behaving
You better not be trolling. Abusive parents are horrible to put up with, and quite frankly it's not only insulting but it's disgusting to make up this thread.

Trust me, going through this i would never troll about such an issue! I mostly posted as Anon as I know a fair few people use this forum and quite a bit of information in my posts and username etc. could be linked to me, and quite frankly dont want furthe rquestions and things arising out of it at college on top of what could already.

Don't worry you haven't offended me really, hes donme enough **** now to make me lose any way of relating with him at all!
Trust me, going through this i would never troll about such an issue! I mostly posted as Anon as I know a fair few people use this forum and quite a bit of information in my posts and username etc. could be linked to me, and quite frankly dont want furthe rquestions and things arising out of it at college on top of what could already.

Don't worry you haven't offended me really, hes donme enough **** now to make me lose any way of relating with him at all!

I'm sorry that you have had to put with him. It must be really difficult for you to go through this on your own. And your hair... omg, I'm so gutted for you. But don't worry, short hair is easier to look after. Just get it sorted out by your hairdresser. As for your dad, you need to tell someone, call childline, go through the proper channels basically.

PM me if you want to talk privately xxx
Dye his hair pink while he sleeps.
Put laxatives in his food and barricade yourself in the toilet.
Smash ur sisters face in a door for being a ponce
make Cs gas. It's prolly not hard if you break each component down.Leave the house and let it loose.It'll ruin all the soft furnishings, and their clothes not to mention the panic you would cause.

I'm a bad influence there are some nice people on this thread to help u. Good luck
Regards Tom
(edited 13 years ago)
**** samaritans or childline, just go straight to the police or tell a counsellor at college who will direct u to the police so you are not on your own.

No matter how badly you behaved your father has not got the right to treat you like that, he is physically n emotionally abusing you.
You have to act now do not wait to leave when you go to uni because he is more likely to distract you from work.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Police. That counts as assault.

Original post by Law123mus
If this is not a troll, then please for your own sake call the damn police. Your dad is a right ****er. And that is assult, he needs to get his head checked. A few months in HM prison will sort him out. Also call samaritans or childline and get yourself out of that house!

They've also held it up as Actual Bodily Harm.

Oh, we have Anon fail.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Converse
We'll just let that moment slip shall we.:wink:

Indeed we shall :smile:.
I'm just thinking as well...this isn't exactly the most pressing issue but i'm going to have to go back to college and work on the tuesday --i'm not sure whether just to be honest to people who are going to vask about my appearance or spin some other tale. i haven't really mentioned anyuthing about home issues to any of my friends/teachers thus far so not sure whether its best just to evade it completely :/
double anon fail, slow internet ¬¬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending