The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2011 Applicant's thread (Accounting and Finance)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
where else did people apply for a & f other than lse and have you heard back from any of them?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Original post by a-t-88
where else did people apply for a & f other than lse and have you heard back from any of them?

Queen mary- maths with A&F (offer)
Brunel- A&F (offer)
City- A&F
Oxford Brooks- A&F (offer)

got rejected from LSE
Reply 42
Original post by superman-lives
Nope... You'll have to track it through UCAS!!

alright thanks :smile:
Reply 43
any offers for this course yet anybody?
Original post by a-t-88
hey im applying for a and f aswell

sent off my application on 11th oct
got an offer for aab on 12th november

as grades: A(maths) A(psychology) B(econs- retaking) B(chemistry-dropped)
predicted grades A*AA
GCSE's 7A*s, 4A's

any other offers?

Hi there when you received your offer did they specify what subjects they want the A A B in ?
Original post by a-t-88

predicted grades A*AA
GCSE's 7A*s, 4A's

any other offers?

Hi there, when you received your offer did LSE specify the subjects that they want the A A B in or is it in any order?
Reply 46
Original post by a-t-88

predicted grades A*AA
GCSE's 7A*s, 4A's

any other offers?

Jaheeez, that's awesome man, well done.

I'm feeling doubtful that I'll get an offer now, as my GCSEs or predos aren't nearly as good as yours. Dayum. :mad:
Reply 47
Original post by jsliverpool
Hi there, when you received your offer did LSE specify the subjects that they want the A A B in or is it in any order?

no they didnt which was quite shocking cuz bristol and nottingham both said i had to get an A in maths, but for lse any order :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by FoSho'
Jaheeez, that's awesome man, well done.

I'm feeling doubtful that I'll get an offer now, as my GCSEs or predos aren't nearly as good as yours. Dayum. :mad:

aww dont say that, you never know what could happen, just make sure you have a really good personal statement, and good references, my references from school really helped :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by a-t-88
aww dont say that, you never know what could happen, just make sure you have a really good personal statement, and good references, my references from school really helped :smile:

Yeah I'm hoping that my personal statement swings it for me, I think it's good :rolleyes: Haha references on the other hand... oh dear. :redface:
Urghhh I've applied LSE for a&f

I've got predicted AAA in Maths, Physics and Economics.

I've had an offer off Liverpool for ABB, but I've also applied Exeter, Bristol and Durham.

I really want to go LSE but to be honest I'm waiting for my rejection.
Original post by becky_manders
Urghhh I've applied LSE for a&f

I've got predicted AAA in Maths, Physics and Economics.

I've had an offer off Liverpool for ABB, but I've also applied Exeter, Bristol and Durham.

I really want to go LSE but to be honest I'm waiting for my rejection.

You have a great subject combination and good expected grade. Why do you think you'll get rejected??
Just because with LSE you're up against more international students compared to other unis, plus it is going to be far more competitive because people who originally were going to take a gap year next year might reconsider due to the expected raise in fees as well as more mature students might applying this year to aviod the higher fees.
Reply 53
this thread needs to get used more. Any more news on offer, gathered fields, rejections ...?
Reply 54
nope ive applied...waiting for lse to reply...predicted AAAA in maths physics economics and business studies
Application sent off....

GCSES: 5A*,5A
Prediction: AAB
Reply 56
Original post by penguin x
8th november... lol

Buh, my predicted was AAB.. so i don't blame them really :P

It does not matter. You have the minimum requirement and that is enough. You got rejected due to your references and personal statement. Don't blame your grades, they are great!
Reply 57
Applied in November.
AAAB in F.M, M, Physics, Economics.
Spent a lot of time researching the university and the course and ended up deciding its my first choice. Hope I can get an offer:frown:
Reply 58
Original post by Sickboy
It does not matter. You have the minimum requirement and that is enough. You got rejected due to your references and personal statement. Don't blame your grades, they are great!

awwn, thanks :smile:
Reply 59
Just some general information here, as we are all applying for the same course at same uni here, can u all please post ur predicted grades and subjects taken at As and A2 level?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending