The Student Room Group

US Army heroes? Think again!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimbo1234
Oh my ****ing god how do you not know about the basics of 9/11 seeing that it only happened a few years ago :angry: . No offence, but have you been living under a rock or something? It was completely unprovoked and random.

As far as being a mess - that is actually pretty complex as it has a lot to do with oil which many people condemn, but many people forget that oil makes the world go round and without stable prices, we may as well prepare for WW3.

It wouldn't have been completely random though. It was planned, and they must have done it for some reason or other. Anyway I was 11 when it happened, when I was flicking through the tv channels me and my friend thought it was a building being demolished :tongue:

I'm moving to Australia or somewhere random in America where no one will find me then :tongue:
Original post by Roocky
True, can't make a blanket statement,some may be deserving of sympathy/praise , but if we're talking about the shooters in the video then it's pretty clear they were some hicks just looking to kill someone that say, 'let me shoot!', like an over excited kid in a candy store, and the whole i want to impress my friends idea doesn't really sound like a good excuse. Shooting the van trying to pick up the dying was just unnecessary. I'm wanting to attend a protest at some point, do you know of any happening?

Oh yeah definately. I didn't mean people would behave like that to impress friends, I meant that they just have to act like they aren't affected by it, 'be a man'.

No not that I know of, and not that anything would come of it anyway. Too many people support the war as you can see from this thread.
Original post by pippa90
It wouldn't have been completely random though. It was planned, and they must have done it for some reason or other. Anyway I was 11 when it happened, when I was flicking through the tv channels me and my friend thought it was a building being demolished :tongue:

I'm moving to Australia or somewhere random in America where no one will find me then :tongue:

Yes it was planned. The reasoning was irrational and unprovoked. It went something like " I'm doing this because you are American and not Muslim and I blame you for all our problems (even though you originally freed us from the Russians).
You may have been 11 but what about when you grew up a bit as it stayed in the news for years? Did you not stop to look it up or did you think the X factor was more important......:mad:

Sadly no matter where you are when oil starts to run out everyone is seriously screwed.
Yes it was planned. The reasoning was irrational and unprovoked. It went something like " I'm doing this because you are American and not Muslim and I blame you for all our problems (even though you originally freed us from the Russians).
You may have been 11 but what about when you grew up a bit as it stayed in the news for years? Did you not stop to look it up or did you think the X factor was more important......:mad:

Sadly no matter where you are when oil starts to run out everyone is seriously screwed.

Okay thanks for the info. I am trying to watch the news more now, but don't have a tv so often forget! Btw I don't watch the X Factor, I'm a Celeb, soaps, Misfits, the inbetweeners and every other tv program that everyone has to talk about on facebook.

Well if I live in Oz I'll use hydro-electric and solar power :wink:
Reply 124
Original post by pippa90
http://www.collateralmurder.com/

I cannot believe I hadn't heard about this before, so thought I would spread the word!

This angered me so much, these ****ing sick ***** better rot in hell. Sorry for swearing but when you watch the video you'll feel exactly the same way! :mad:

Unbelievable and unforgivable!!

yeh perhaps, but that is how the americans roll. The brits on the other hand try to be nicey nicey and try and win "hearts and minds" (although not sure about the wikileak about the british solider who blitzed a little girl in iraq). Perhaps this was the reason why they "failed" in sangin and got booted out of Iraq (or "strategicallly exited for a better word).

Afghans and iraqis have their own modus operandi.... IEDs (seems to be bloody effective against the invading troops......

all sad and horrible but this war (no rules; well not until you get caught and then you check the rule book to defend yourself)
Reply 125
Now tell us who the REAL terrorist is!
Reply 126
Original post by ak137
Now tell us who the REAL terrorist is!

the muslims fundamentalists (who follow their saudi imams/moolahs) who preach hatred and murder... you know those warped muslims who believe it is justifiable to kill people on the underground in britain etc.....

However you do have to stick around and attempt to fix things. Look what happened in Afghanistan when the US gave them weapons to fight Russia but then no money to help rebuild....It went from a country that once hosted the Olympics to the 4th least developed country in the world. This is why you have to stick around once you attack it.

When did Afghanistan hold the Olympics?
Original post by pippa90
Of course I wouldn't expect a soldier to be in tears, if so they shouldn't be a soldier in the first place. But getting a thrill out of killing people, wanting to kill more and laughing about it is just a tad over the line. If Muslim soldiers were doing this in America or anywhere else there would be outrage, and you're telling me to get over it? Why don't you go over and tell all of the innocent victims of war's families to get over it?

This is the most sensible thing said on this whole thread. Are you telling me that if your families were one of the victims that you would be so sympathetic? Would you accept the way that they are breaking war crimes without further punishment? People complain about terrorists being made by preachers but after seeing this video wouldn't you agree that this could tip people to commit those acts? (in no way am i saying that what terrorists are doing is correct nor will i ever support it)
Original post by DorianGrayism
When did Afghanistan hold the Olympics?

When Russia hosted it back in the 1980, I think the swimming was held there or a bid was put in for it to host the Olympics. All I know is that happened when Russia owned it.
Reply 130
Death to Americans!
Reply 131
Original post by pippa90
No you didn't quote me but I felt the need to reply.
I find it funny when you say they thought they were terrorists, because the soldiers themselves are acting like terrorists. They had never met them before, didn't know anything about them or know who they were but they still say disgusting things like that when and after they've murdered them.

Ahh, i see whats going on here, you and I have completely different meanings for the word `terrorist` my defition is of a person whom could put innocent lives at risk to prove a point/achieve a goal, whilst your defition appears to be someone whom says nasty words. i repeat, they thought they were killing people who were the lowest of the low, people who enjoy inflicting pain for their own cause. What are they supposed to say when killing such people `well chap, whilst i sort out this problem, fancy pouring us a cuppa?`. And if they thought those people were the so low (as terrorists oten are) then they dont really need to know them to know their idiots.
I hope that clears up my end of the argument, don't take this as an attack, in the same way i'm not taking your end as an attack, just a disagreement on some of the facts....
On a final note, i'm not for war personally, but i do think the soldiers in the heat are doing a good job, (the politicians/leaders sending them in however....) and deserve a lot of respect, which is why i'm so against things like these that wikileak editors place on the internet, all nice and anonomously over the internet....
Original post by letmepassplz
This is the most sensible thing said on this whole thread. Are you telling me that if your families were one of the victims that you would be so sympathetic? Would you accept the way that they are breaking war crimes without further punishment? People complain about terrorists being made by preachers but after seeing this video wouldn't you agree that this could tip people to commit those acts? (in no way am i saying that what terrorists are doing is correct nor will i ever support it)

Thank you :smile:

Original post by kog
Ahh, i see whats going on here, you and I have completely different meanings for the word `terrorist` my defition is of a person whom could put innocent lives at risk to prove a point/achieve a goal, whilst your defition appears to be someone whom says nasty words. i repeat, they thought they were killing people who were the lowest of the low, people who enjoy inflicting pain for their own cause. What are they supposed to say when killing such people `well chap, whilst i sort out this problem, fancy pouring us a cuppa?`. And if they thought those people were the so low (as terrorists oten are) then they dont really need to know them to know their idiots.
I hope that clears up my end of the argument, don't take this as an attack, in the same way i'm not taking your end as an attack, just a disagreement on some of the facts....
On a final note, i'm not for war personally, but i do think the soldiers in the heat are doing a good job, (the politicians/leaders sending them in however....) and deserve a lot of respect, which is why i'm so against things like these that wikileak editors place on the internet, all nice and anonomously over the internet....

Woah, when I said that the army are acting like terrorists I didn't mean it as in 'someone whom says nasty words', I'm not that sensitive and stupid. I said it because they're going over there, delcaring places as war zones and then telling civilians to stay out of the way or else they'll get shot. Imagine if this was in the UK or US. Afgan troops come over and declare that your home is in a war zone and that if you stay they may accidently shoot you which would be all your fault not theirs. Would you not feel that they were terrorizing you? As for what should they say - anything but mocking and disrespecting the people they've just murdered, as the soldiers know that they don't know for sure that they're terrorists. A few soldiers in the helicopter behaved fine, because when the couple of **** soldiers laughed at the dead bodies the rest of them went quiet.

Wikileaks did show the video of the soldier telling his story of it though, which shows that many soldiers deserve a lot of respect, just not all of them. I think it just needs to say somewhere that if you watch the initial video then you should watch the eye witness soldier one along with it to get the full story. It wasn't anonomously btw, at the end it shows all of the contributers names.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by pippa90
As I've said so many bloody times before I'm not slagging off the whole army, I've never said that, so get your facts straight before accusing me.

So you have no opinion on most things? Seeing as most things don't revolve around you.

Seeing as I'm not a judgemental bitch, and I do my utmost to avoid having anything to do with most people... yeah, pretty much :awesome:
Original post by Drunk Punx
Seeing as I'm not a judgemental bitch, and I do my utmost to avoid having anything to do with most people... yeah, pretty much :awesome:

Nice, so for saying that people who mistakenly kill 12 odd people and laugh about them aren't heroes makes me a judgemental bitch? Since you just called me one makes you a tad judgemental doesn't it?
Reply 135
Original post by bunty64
the muslims fundamentalists (who follow their saudi imams/moolahs) who preach hatred and murder... you know those warped muslims who believe it is justifiable to kill people on the underground in britain etc.....

...yes, them...but also the american, british soldiers who murder the innocent civilians of Iraq and afghanistan and get branded as 'heroes' when they return home. It was the american/british soldier's choice to join the army, it isn't choice for the child that is born in Iraq, that gets killed by American bullets.
Reply 136
Original post by ak137
...yes, them...but also the american, british soldiers who murder the innocent civilians of Iraq and afghanistan and get branded as 'heroes' when they return home. It was the american/british soldier's choice to join the army, it isn't choice for the child that is born in Iraq, that gets killed by American bullets.

don't think they're branded heroes for killing innocent civilians, but rather coming back alive from a hell hole!

The death of innocents in iraq/afghanistan is wrong and yes the american/british are responsible (to them they are on the battle field). Shame the sunni muslim fundamentalists believe the battlefield is places like the london underground and such places.
Original post by bunty64
don't think they're branded heroes for killing innocent civilians, but rather coming back alive from a hell hole!

The death of innocents in iraq/afghanistan is wrong and yes the american/british are responsible (to them they are on the battle field). Shame the sunni muslim fundamentalists believe the battlefield is places like the london underground and such places.

Listen you ****ing idiot, the vast, vast majority of civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan are caused by Muslims extremist. You simply do not know what the **** you are talking about.
Reply 138
Original post by PlanetEuropa
Listen you ****ing idiot, the vast, vast majority of civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan are caused by Muslims extremist. You simply do not know what the **** you are talking about.

boo hoo! :smile:

Good thing that we have things like wikileaks and the knowledge about the unaccounted 15000 or so civillian deaths. We we told that the iraqi civilian bodycount wasn't being noted by the american/british, but apparently it was (with fine detail).....

yes the muslim extremists target civilians as well as invading american/british troops, but the american/british are still responsible for the death of countless innocent civilians....
Original post by Jackthevillain
Doesnt match up to 3000 in 9/11.

if we were playing eye for an eye we would have attacked saudi arabia, afghanistan and iraq had little of nothing to do with 9/11.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending