The Student Room Group

Friends spreading gossip about what I did last night...

Last night I got drunk at a house party, but I can still remember most things. I have a boyfriend, so obvs I didn't get with anyone. But a girl on my course said I got off with this guy and I didn't! Now everyone thinks I did and is getting all judgemental on me . We were cuddling on the sofa at the end of the night, but he's my mate so I didn't give it much thought when I was pissed. Even more riling me is that my housemate said I came on to another guy when I absolutely explicity know that I didn't! All I did was chat to him and play a drinking game!I find him a bit of a creep tbh so I find it offensive that my friends would think that! I don't know if maybe it looked flirty when we were chatting or something and someone got the wrong idea. But now I'm realllly pissed off because this seems to snowballing into me having got off with multiple people when all I did was get a bit over familar perhaps when drunk!!

How should I hold myself during this? At least it's nearly end of term so hopefully no one will remember next term.
Reply 1
Laugh it off. Getting drunk and doing silly things (*cough cough* protests) is what students seem to do best.

They'll get over it and so will you. Don't let rubbish like this bother you.
Take it in the spirit its meant, they've just having a bit of banter about the night. It will soon blow over, stand firm and stick to your guns on it and everything will be fine.
Reply 3
It's really bad, in uni today a group from the party came up to me and asked me if it was true that I had sex with him!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
It's really bad, in uni today a group from the party came up to me and asked me if it was true that I had sex with him!

Original post by Double Agent
Take it in the spirit its meant, they've just having a bit of banter about the night. It will soon blow over, stand firm and stick to your guns on it and everything will be fine.

I agree with Double Agent. It's not unusual at all to for friends to tease you about these type of things.
Reply 5
Laugh it off, but make sure your bf knows you didn't do those things.

Quick Reply