The Student Room Group

Have you ever thought you were inlove, but you weren't?

Have you been in a relationship, thought you were inlove.....but then a while after the relationship broke up, you realised you weren't, or even that you can't stand the person, and can't believe you were ever with them?? I'm going through that right now, there is nothing I like about my ex, and I don't know why I ever thought I loved him. It makes me cringe that I said those words to him, and sometimes I feel like messaging him telling him that I never did (but I wouldn't, too childish an I never want to speak to him again).

What is this madness that makes us falsely believe we love someone:confused:

Scroll to see replies

hormones
Reply 2
that is love, the madness is love. It's natural, especially in women.
Reply 3
Well this is a nice cheerful thread. Happy Saturday morning to you too.

Why arent you up making your gf pancakes like me?

Oh, wait..
Reply 4
Original post by Kiwiguy

Oh, wait..

Why isnt she making them for you?

I bet she takes the belt to you if you step out of line tbh. Beats you into the corner.
Reply 5
You were *Dreaming*
Reply 6
Original post by Jim-ie

I bet she takes the belt to you if you step out of line tbh. Beats you into the corner.

Because i like sex from woman who aren't crying/ and or struggling to fund their meth habbit by sleeping with losers like you in some alleyway somewhere. :h:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Jim-ie

Nothing wrong with a woman who enjoys 'beating' her boyfriend with a belt :colone:
Reply 8
Original post by Kiwiguy
Because i like sex from woman who aren't crying/ and or struggling to fund their meth habbit by sleeping with losers like you. :[s]h[/s]:

Your mam wasnt crying :colonhash:
Reply 9
Original post by Linweth
Nothing wrong with a woman who enjoys 'beating' her boyfriend with a belt :colone:

One mans beating is another mans hard on I suppose.
Reply 10
Original post by Jim-ie
Your mam wasnt crying :colonhash:

awww bless. Not only is he a retard for thinking that your mum is still an acceptable come back, but he can't even spell MUM correctly.

Tut tut tut.
Original post by Kiwiguy

Oh, wait..

What are you trying to prove? :lolwut:
It's weird, because throughout my teenage years, I've thought I'd been in "love", but now looking back at every single one of my exs I know I wasn't.. but each of them, I felt that I "loved" more than the one before..

I don't know if I "love" my current partner (that sounds awful, we're really close, and get on really well etc) because all I have to compare it with is past experiences.. mind you, my feelings for him are still strong after 18 months, so maybe!
Reply 13
Original post by Mujeriego
What are you trying to prove? :lolwut:

that the world is happy place, and sitting around on a saturday moaning about some bloke you used love, but now you dont and omg i cant believe it hes now shagging jane isnt really helpful.
Reply 14
Original post by Kiwiguy
awww bless. Not only is he a retard for thinking that your mum is still an acceptable come back, but he can't even spell MUM correctly.

Tut tut tut.

Son, if thats your idea of an okay, nevermind acceptable, comeback then jesus wept.
Original post by Kiwiguy
that the world is happy place, and sitting around on a saturday moaning about some bloke you used love, but now you dont and omg i cant believe it hes now shagging jane isnt really helpful.

Okay. I still don't get what this has to do with pancakes.
Reply 16
Original post by *Dreaming*
Have you been in a relationship, thought you were inlove.....but then a while after the relationship broke up, you realised you weren't, or even that you can't stand the person, and can't believe you were ever with them?? I'm going through that right now, there is nothing I like about my ex, and I don't know why I ever thought I loved him. It makes me cringe that I said those words to him, and sometimes I feel like messaging him telling him that I never did (but I wouldn't, too childish an I never want to speak to him again).

What is this madness that makes us falsely believe we love someone:confused:

I think what you are experiencing is bitterness which usually overrides that feeling of love or admiration you had for your S/O before the break-up. It's perfectly natural and doesn't mean you never loved him.

But I do know what you mean, I did question my love for someone....
Reply 17
Original post by Jim-ie
Son, if thats your idea of an okay, nevermind acceptable, comeback then jesus wept.

Sssssh sssssh sssh.

You are just embarrising yourself now, you silly mick.
No, but you are definitely in love, OP.
Reply 19
Original post by Mujeriego
Okay. I still don't get what this has to do with pancakes.

Nothing. You dont need an excuse to break out the pancakes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending