The Student Room Group

Gays in the army - do it like the Spartans?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Linweth
Contradiction surely. Your attitude is disgusting.

Contradiction? My attitudes disgusting? hmm yeah sure. My father has served in the Royal Engineers for 20 years and has only just been relised from duty this year and I'm sure he and his fellow colleague's would agree with me here. So piss off you imature little girl, the army is no place for gays!
Reply 21
Original post by TheQuickestSilver
the army is no place for gays!

They go to the navy instead. :wink:
Reply 22
Contradiction? My attitudes disgusting? hmm yeah sure. My father has served in the Royal Engineers for 20 years and has only just been relised from duty this year and I'm sure he and his fellow colleague's would agree with me here. So piss off you imature little girl, the army is no place for gays!

You did contradicted yourself. You can post your homophobic rants but don't try to tell us that you aren't homophobic because you clearly are. As for gay people serving in the military, there are already plenty of them in the armed services. There is no barrier on lgbt people serving in the UK. I very much doubt soldiers would agree with your bigoted views.
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
Ah the old "I'm not a homophobe but [Insert homophobic comment here]" :holmes:

Anyway you're about 10 years too late I'm afraid.

I'm not a homophobe my older brother's gay and it dosn't bother me one bit that's just the way he is, I just know they don't belong in the army. KthanksBai.
Original post by BlackDog89
You did contradicted yourself. You can post your homophobic rants but don't try to tell us that you aren't homophobic because you clearly are. As for gay people serving in the military, there are already plenty of them in the armed services. There is no barrier on lgbt people serving in the UK. I very much doubt soldiers would agree with your bigoted views.

Did you not read the paragraph you quoted me on you idot.
Reply 25

You are calling me immature when it is you that is resorting to swearing at me, spouting out such offensive views of gays. If you were not a homophobe you wouldn't have a problem with them serving in the army.
Reply 26
Did you not read the paragraph you quoted me on you idot.

When anyone resorts to using insults, its usually a sign that they're losing the argument :smile:
Reply 27
What, batty boy? Nah blad, I ain't into men

EDIT: Before all you liberals start crying about this, it's a quote from diary of a bad man. From the increasing amount of negs this wasn't that obvious.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by zxh800
Poor Spartans, they only resorted to bumming each other because they couldn't get clunge until they were middle-aged.

What was the life expectancy back then? Around 40 to 50? By their standards I couldn't get any clunge until I reached middle age either, I didn't resort to homosexuality:tongue:
Reply 29
Original post by Psyk
What was the life expectancy back then? Around 40 to 50? By their standards I couldn't get any clunge until I reached middle age either, I didn't resort to homosexuality:tongue:

Ah, but we have the glory that is the internet :wink:
When anyone resorts to using insults, its usually a sign that they're losing the argument :smile:

I didn't realise we were having an argument here, I'm simply expressing my views and you yours. It's all very well for you to sit on your computer and act all 'oh gay people have a right to serve in the army and so on', but how can you really comment on this if you have never served in the army. Look at the facts every soldier is under stress 24/7 when on duty they are expected to have their mind 100% on the job in hand for the safety of themselves and others, they can't afford to be thinking about anything but the task at hand. This is why there has recently been enquirery into whether women should serve on the front line with men and it got turned down because both women and men soldiers stated that if they became too emotionally attached to each other (i.e. fancying, sleeping toghether, whatever) then they are more than likely to compromise the right thing to do when in severe danger to protect the other, and i'm sure this would be the same if two gay people became emotionally attached while serving.
I'm not a homophobe my older brother's gay and it dosn't bother me one bit that's just the way he is, I just know they don't belong in the army. KthanksBai.

I don't think knowing a gay person then expressing a homophobic opinion makes the opinion any less homophobic. It doesn't really work like that. Anyway if you're gonna bang on about them not belonging in the army, the MOD disagrees a tad with your sentiments, and I'm not being funny but they probably know a hell of alot more about it than you do.

Obvious homophobe is obvious.
Reply 33

And then one day before your dad "transcends" to a better world, he murmured "My son who has absolutely no taste in fashion and bad attitude, I'm gay. KthxBai".

Anyway, you really have to build up your reasoning why the army is no place for gays. Without it, your argument just sound like a pile of ****.

Here some guideline to you [Why gay can and should be able to serve in Army]
1.) Gays, by the definition of British Psychology Society, isn't a sexual disorder and it is a perfectly normal human being. They should not be treated any differently.
2.) Gays, being a citizen of a country, can also feel the responsibility to serve for their own country.
3.) Gays, as protected by the English Law, should be treated equally as any other citizens.

Spoiler

4.) Gays aren't not that sissy as they rumoured to be .Take me for instance? I hate fashions and love to play Rugby, and no I didn't not join just to see penises thank you.
5.) Gays, like other gender, do not always think about sex all the time.

Therefore, if only a 'normal' citizen can serve in the army, by the reasoning given above, gay can be categorised as 'normal' and should be able to serve in the army.

Edit: Haha I take it's gay people negging me here or girls who believe I am being unfair. Oh well.

Having a rep (be it positive or negative) more than 5 is really uncommon. Hmmmmmmmmm Didn't know we have so many gays on this thread :p:

Just one question though. You're not Australian aren't you? Because I really hate Quick Silver products, they are so friggin overpriced. Sorry if it's not related to you, I wanted to find a place to rant.

:ditto: Owh and spelling mistake too.. that idiot* hahas
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
I thought that too I mean I just can't imagine that like one of the warrior's wife woud go like ''have good sex with ***** otherwise you will never win!'' haha :tongue:

There must have been jealousy if they kept male ''companions'' even when they were married.
Edit: Haha I take it's gay people negging me here or girls who believe I am being unfair. Oh well.

I'm a heterosexual male and I still think that you're an idiot. :smile:

Im neither gay nor female. I just dont think homophobia has any place in modern society.

If your dad spent 20 years in the army, it's pretty much a 100% certainty that he's done the naked two-man-tango. Sorry kiddo, the army is EXACTLY the place for gays.
Original post by manthew
And then one day before your dad "transcends" to a better world, he murmured "My son who has absolutely no taste in fashion and bad attitude, I'm gay. KthxBai".

A

Don't you dare talk about my dad like that!, you have your view I have mine, I dunno why everyone is getting so touchy with me it's just my opinion. As expressed before I am not a homophobe my older brother's is gay and it has never bothered me. I just believe they shouldn't be in the army. So everyone feel free to neg me for my opinion, I know most of you are insecure about your sexuality and feel like I'm discriminating against you but hey. Oh and don't quote me again because I couldn't give a toss about what you have to say.

Kthanxbai
Original post by Digit_Five
If your dad spent 20 years in the army, it's pretty much a 100% certainty that he's done the naked two-man-tango. Sorry kiddo, the army is EXACTLY the place for gays.

Your disgusting, to be honest I don't know why people even bother serving in the army any more, why should they risk their life's everyday for un-appreciative sick ****s like you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending