The Student Room Group

Gays in the army - do it like the Spartans?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Having served alongside openly gay personnel in the military I was more concerned about their ability to do their job, not what they like to stick their cock in.

That said, modelling a military service on the sexual attitudes of the Spartans does go some way to explain the way the Navy are......
Reply 41
Original post by TheQuickestSilver
I didn't realise we were having an argument here, I'm simply expressing my views and you yours. It's all very well for you to sit on your computer and act all 'oh gay people have a right to serve in the army and so on', but how can you really comment on this if you have never served in the army. Look at the facts every soldier is under stress 24/7 when on duty they are expected to have their mind 100% on the job in hand for the safety of themselves and others, they can't afford to be thinking about anything but the task at hand. This is why there has recently been enquirery into whether women should serve on the front line with men and it got turned down because both women and men soldiers stated that if they became too emotionally attached to each other (i.e. fancying, sleeping toghether, whatever) then they are more than likely to compromise the right thing to do when in severe danger to protect the other, and i'm sure this would be the same if two gay people became emotionally attached while serving.

What about straight men who form a friendship? Does that mean they shouldn't serve in the army because of the emotional bond?
Reply 42
Don't you dare talk about my dad like that!, you have your view I have mine, I dunno why everyone is getting so touchy with me it's just my opinion. As expressed before I am not a homophobe my older brother's is gay and it has never bothered me. I just believe they shouldn't be in the army. So everyone feel free to neg me for my opinion, I know most of you are insecure about your sexuality and feel like I'm discriminating against you but hey. Oh and don't quote me again because I couldn't give a toss about what you have to say.

Kthanxbai

The one reason you've been grilled is because you've put no effort in supporting your "view", which make it vulnerable to be picked up on. Plus you're new to TSR, here a lesson (picture) specially for you!

Owh and I do not feel insecure about my sexuality, but I do find you little prick bit annoying. But hey, "You have your view, I have mine"

Owh and I like to quote whatever and whenever I want to, the Articles of Human Rights say so.
Original post by Linweth
What about straight men who form a friendship? Does that mean they shouldn't serve in the army because of the emotional bond?

Yeah but friendships a little different from being emotionally connected like that do you not think? Anyway I'm done on this thread sorry for expressing my views I think I'm exciting too many people.
Reply 44
There's no reason gay people shouldn't serve in the army. I'm not saying I want to personally, but any argument refusing gay people the right to do anything falls flat the moment you examine it closely, since gay people are human beings and therefore qualify for the human rights act. Regardless of our sexual orientation.
Reply 45
Women are jealous of the Spartans?
90% of the gays I have come across have friendship groups that only consist of females, and going by the conversations you see them having with their female friends - they might as well be female themselves. However the other 10% consist of the hard-man act, they let you know that they're gay but then go over the top acting like a proper mans man. It's just so obvious and you can see straight through it. But as silly as this sounds, it's as if they are even girlier than the girls they hang around with! So this being said, I don't think that these type of gays would do very well in the Army.

Another point is that in the Army it is very important that soldiers do not become distracted by relationships, this is why there has been a lot of controversy over whether or not woman should serve on the front line with men.
^ massive generalisation is massive. :colonhash:
Original post by manthew
The one reason you've been grilled is because you've put no effort in supporting your "view", which make it vulnerable to be picked up on. Plus you're new to TSR, here a lesson (picture) specially for you!

Owh and I do not feel insecure about my sexuality, but I do find you little prick bit annoying. But hey, "You have your view, I have mine"

Owh and I like to quote whatever and whenever I want to, the Articles of Human Rights say so.

Get a life. Prick.
Original post by aws
I've just recently found out that homosexuality was very much advocated in Ancient Greece and that the Spartans practised homosexual acts even if they weren't gay (it was more male-boding)

Now I was thinking, why has this changed? Back then the men were real men, hardened warriors and were man enough to engage in coitus with a man and still be regarded a straight man who just helped lift the spirits of his friends.

Surely they were better warriors because of it? shall we take a lesson from them?

You been watching that Richard Miles documentary on the BBC, by any chance? :wink2:

Spoiler

Original post by spacepirate-James
^ massive generalisation is massive, of course. :colonhash:

There. Now it's funniez. :yep:
Get a life. Prick.

Fantastic argument

Reply 52
aws
OP
Original post by Eclectic Styles
You been watching that Richard Miles documentary on the BBC, by any chance? :wink2:

Spoiler

L O L

you got me :smile:
Original post by DaveSmith99
Fantastic argument

About as good as everyone else's argument...
Reply 54
Get a life. Prick.

It was a friendly (or rather genuine) advise :eek::eek: and for some reason I love my life so no thanks, you can go to hell :p:
About as good as everyone else's argument...

Original post by manthew
It was a friendly (or rather genuine) advise :eek::eek: and for some reason I love my life so no thanks, you can go to hell :p:

Friendly advice? Calling me an annoying little prick for expressing my views :confused: yeah really friendly...

And well about the hell thing, according to the bible I'm going straight to heaven, not sure about everyone else on this thread though... :tongue:
Reply 57
Your disgusting, to be honest I don't know why people even bother serving in the army any more, why should they risk their life's everyday for un-appreciative sick ****s like you.

That was completely uncalled for.
Why is he disgusting? Why is he a sick ****? Is it because his dad is gay?

You seem very fond of the whole "I have my views, you have yours" idea, but the moment someone shows an opposing view to you, you start swearing at them and being very offensive.

If you're like this in real life, I doubt you'll go much longer without someone breaking your face.

No go and get a proper argument against gays serving in the army, apart from "it's wrong/sick/distracting" (gays do actually have willpower and are not going to get into a relationship with every other gay man they find there :rolleyes:)
Original post by DaveSmith99

Fantastic argument.
Fantastic argument.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending